Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi i am getting a quote of 448 per month for 3 years 8k mile , everything included under salary sacrifice scheme for standard tesla3 . Is it a good deal? i got quote from octopus ev at 358 per month for 10k mileage per month..not sure, why it is so less with octopus ev..any idea?

Hi i am getting a quote of 448 per month for 3 years 8k mile , everything included under salary sacrifice scheme for standard tesla3 . Is it a good deal? i got quote from octopus ev at 358 per month for 10k mileage per month..not sure, why it is so less with octopus ev..any idea?
Is that the SR+ or LR? Seems about right, give or take £50 as if depends on your location/age for the insurance element as well as if you have early termination insurance that is included or not.

Is Octopus a like for like comparison? No upfront payment, includes everything?

Is that the SR+ or LR? Seems about right, give or take £50 as if depends on your location/age for the insurance element as well as if you have early termination insurance that is included or not.

Is Octopus a like for like comparison? No upfront payment, includes everything?
Yes, its like for like comparison .SR+ ..No upfront payment .. includes everything..in fact quote from my company lease provider is for 8k miles per annum while octopus is giving 10k miles per annum...does 358 really looks right?

Attached is the quote from octopus Ev...how come its so less?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714_215812.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714_215812.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 921
It certainly seems a good deal. Their own salary sacrifice brochure gives an example that is much more expensive:
1626336313897.png

Maybe it's a lease company that is finally taking into account the actual high resale value of the M3? But I'd suggest you speak to them to really make sure it is like for like.

The other issue will be your company - normally they sign up with a single lease company for salary sacrifice so you may not be able to use them.

Well, my existing business lease deal up for renewal in a couple of months - I cannot believe the two years has gone by so quickly!
Currently have a M3 'Stealth Performance', 10k miles per year, £488 per month. (2 Years).

Another performance model was going to be an extra £200 per month which was way too much to justify for myself, so I went for:
M3 Long Range, Silver, 10k miles per year. £495 per month. (4 years this time).

I am looking forward to getting my hands on the refreshed model too. I'm hoping that the performance acceleration won't be missed too much!

Let me know if anyone is looking for an official 2019 Jeda mobile phone charge-pad for their Model 3. Will be available come September.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask but - can anyone provide any insight on costs when returning their leased Tesla for wheel scuffs? My lease follows the 'BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear' standard.

I've been quoted by a third party to repair and re-spray all four wheels £75 each and I wondered if it would be cheaper or the same to just take the hit on charges when handing the vehicle back? Thanks.

Update: upon calling a body repair specialst whome works with the BVRLA standard, I have decided to just take the hit upon returning the car. (Costs seem to be the same as the figure mentioned).

Last edited:
Hi there- I’m new here but have been following this thread for a while. I’ve got access to a salary sacrifice scheme via Tusker through my work, though I’m getting quotes for a 4 year lease on a SR+ of £585 a month net. I ran my postcode, salary etc through the Octopus EV site and got a quote of £445 for the same - does anyone know what the variation is for?

My current options seem to be paying way over the odds (which I don’t really want to do), negotiate with Tusker somehow (which seems very unlikely) or convince my employer to sign up to Octopus EV as well as Tusker (which I suspect is also unlikely!). Any help or advice much appreciated.

Too slow to edit, sorry. I should add that the figures are for 10k per year, include insurance and tyres, and that I’m a higher rate tax payer.

Comparably priced vehicles (Polestar 2, for example) are significantly less (it comes out as £518 using the same mileage etc), and I can’t really see any reason why!

Too slow to edit, sorry. I should add that the figures are for 10k per year, include insurance and tyres, and that I’m a higher rate tax payer.

Comparably priced vehicles (Polestar 2, for example) are significantly less (it comes out as £518 using the same mileage etc), and I can’t really see any reason why!

Model 3 lease costs are too high IMO. I looked into getting a business lease but it just wasn't worth it for a car I have no stake in when the lease is up. I got lucky with my current lease, due to end this September. £3700 initial payment, £415 a month, 12 000 miles a year. You simply can't get terms like that now.

That's why I've decided to get a Tesla Loan instead. Similar monthly cost, but for a car where I am the registered owner, no limit on miles, and I can drive it how I like. Granted, the initial payment is far higher, but I will be able to get a lot of it back when I trade it in for a newer car when I want to.

In the past when I've looked the figures for the Polestar 2 launch edition were more than a M3LR so strange that you are seeing the opposite.

I'm sure the lease companies tied to salary sacrifice company schemes aren't giving you the best deals as they know the competition can't get anywhere near them :mad:

Model 3 lease costs are too high IMO. I looked into getting a business lease but it just wasn't worth it for a car I have no stake in when the lease is up. I got lucky with my current lease, due to end this September. £3700 initial payment, £415 a month, 12 000 miles a year. You simply can't get terms like that now.

That's why I've decided to get a Tesla Loan instead. Similar monthly cost, but for a car where I am the registered owner, no limit on miles, and I can drive it how I like. Granted, the initial payment is far higher, but I will be able to get a lot of it back when I trade it in for a newer car when I want to.
assuming resale values will still be at the same level, which is doubtful for a few reasons.

First the used market is booming because people are out of lockdown and need a car, plus the fact the new trade is not able to meet demand due to chip shortage. So that's one of the reason we are seeing very high resale prices. I have seen Model 3 for only a few grand less than a new car at the moment

The second thing, Model 3's are flooding the market at the moment, its been the top selling car for a number of quarters. Which means in 2-3 or even 4 years the used market will be flooded. Which means the prices will drop, plus we should not have the same issue we are seeing now with car demand and chip shortages

Then in 3 - 4 years the EV market will have more choice and will have moved on big time. So a 3 year old model 3 will be old tech

assuming resale values will still be at the same level, which is doubtful for a few reasons.

First the used market is booming because people are out of lockdown and need a car, plus the fact the new trade is not able to meet demand due to chip shortage. So that's one of the reason we are seeing very high resale prices. I have seen Model 3 for only a few grand less than a new car at the moment

The second thing, Model 3's are flooding the market at the moment, its been the top selling car for a number of quarters. Which means in 2-3 or even 4 years the used market will be flooded. Which means the prices will drop, plus we should not have the same issue we are seeing now with car demand and chip shortages

Then in 3 - 4 years the EV market will have more choice and will have moved on big time. So a 3 year old model 3 will be old tech
This is the exact reason I’m leasing this car. In 4 years time it will be a completely new world !