Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if the leasing companies have the delivery dates.

A lot of people on here who bought cars have been reporting they got their final invoices with a delivery date on them. One would assume that the lease companies were sent these invoices (rather than us as we aren't paying for the cars), so they would have the delivery date.

Might call my broker and see if they have the delivery date.

@CJ-UK - If yours isn't on the Grand Dahlia, I would imagine it's on the Grand Pioneer. But remember a SC VIN with Tesla doesn't necessarily mean anything, you could still get your car early Nov.
Thanks for the reassurance haha. I know we all feel the same and want our cars asap.

There are plenty of unsold cars sitting out on disused airfields in the UK that can be delivered within a couple of days of ordering, it just happens than none of them are Teslas.

You may receive a text from Tesla a week or so prior to delivery.

Generally though, do not expect any communication from Tesla until about 3 days before delivery when they will supply you with an invoice that supposedly needs to be paid in full 7 days before delivery!

With just 24 hours to go prior to delivery (maybe less) you will be told your registration, although those who lease seem to get told their registration a little earlier.

You will be given a time on delivery day - don't bother camping outside or turning up early.

The delivery is quick and simple.

You have time now to watch endless YouTubers showing you the minutiae of the screen functions. This is time well spent as on delivery day it will be raining (90% chance) and you will be able to adjust the wiper speed without pulling over for 20 minutes trying to find the function.

You can also read the out of date manual online. The manual accessible from the screen is also out of date. To discover new functionality you need to monitor forums such as this one where owners document their voyages of discovery.

Your Model 3 is no ordinary car and ownership is different too.

Enjoy the wait and use your time wisely.

Let us know how you get on @Cowpring if you do call your broker. I'm fighting the urge to call Tesla (again) and ask for an update.
I cracked and called the deliveryGB line. No VIN on my account so no estimated delivery date. Pretty disasppointing after the excitement of getting the SC VIN yesaterday. The chap did say they would be continuing to allocate VINs this week so I guess I might get another one soon. Oh well...we'll keep playing the waiting game.

All speculation on my part but I reckon anyone who got a VIN yesterday will have a car on the Grand Dahlia.

We were all assigned VINs at the same time, when VINs are often assigned (during the ship's passage through Panama Canal), and then subsequently all had them removed a day later, again at the same time. All lease cars too. I can't believe all of us were allocated a VIN by mistake...

Perhaps the VINs are removed for some reason to do with leasing, but we do have vehciles assigned.

Like others on here have said - it's somewhat normal for VINs to dissapear, and newer ones to appear later, so we have to wait and see. Sigh.

Who knows. It's Tesla.

Reactions: TipsterPhil
All speculation on my part but I reckon anyone who got a VIN yesterday will have a car on the Grand Dahlia.

We were all assigned VINs at the same time, when VINs are often assigned (during the ship's passage through Panama Canal), and then subsequently all had them removed a day later, again at the same time. All lease cars too. I can't believe all of us were allocated a VIN by mistake...

Perhaps the VINs are removed for some reason to do with leasing, but we do have vehciles assigned.

Like others on here have said - it's somewhat normal for VINs to dissapear, and newer ones to appear later, so we have to wait and see. Sigh.

Who knows. It's Tesla.

I'll jump on that optimistic bandwagon with you! :)

Who knows. It's Tesla.
just on this basis want to go ahead and press the checkout button on amazon for my M3 accessories.. :)

Went for Lease of MP3Performance via DriveElectric end of June. Thus far nothing. NoVin that I can see. Am hoping for update by end of week.
Darren.

Do you even have anything in your Tesla account yet?
I ordered through my lease broker in early September but when I log in to Tesla account I just have "<my name>'s tesla" which shows a model S with "order" buttons and under that Model X and Powerwall with the same order buttons.
No sign of any actual order connected to my account, let alone a hidden VIN.

If it's just me, how long does it normally take from ordering with the lease company to showing up in your tesla account?

I ordered through my lease broker in early September but when I log in to Tesla account I just have "<my name>'s tesla" which shows a model S with "order" buttons and under that Model X and Powerwall with the same order buttons.

If it's just me, how long does it normally take from ordering with the lease company to showing up in your tesla account?
My lease company took about a week and didn't use the email address I had provided. Once I created a Tesla account with the email address they used and logged in I got to see a picture of what I've ordered!

Mine was almost instant ( within a day ) .Do you have a reference number ? (RNxxxxxxxxx). That’s usually an indication of an order and , without one, I would perhaps chase your leasing company and ask them what is happening.

The lack of notice period for collection is really bothering me. I have a current car to sell with outstanding finance, also have my private plate on it (plate can be done online and doesn’t take long but then there’s an insurance faff on). Dealer I bought the car from said they’ll buy it back but I doubt I can rock up and have them pay the ford finance off, pay remainder to me and take ownership of the car in a couple of days.

I haven’t heard anything from Leaseplan yet, hoping I’ll have a car on Grand Pioneer.

The lack of notice period for collection is really bothering me. I have a current car to sell with outstanding finance, also have my private plate on it (plate can be done online and doesn’t take long but then there’s an insurance faff on). Dealer I bought the car from said they’ll buy it back but I doubt I can rock up and have them pay the ford finance off, pay remainder to me and take ownership of the car in a couple of days.

I haven’t heard anything from Leaseplan yet, hoping I’ll have a car on Grand Pioneer.

Why not wait until, say, 2 weeks out from delivery then sell it and get a cheap rental ? If you are selling to a main dealer they should be able to sort everything out for you within a day anyway ( electronic transfer of agreed funds to you should be instant).

I picked up my sr+ yesterday from West Drayton. I ordered it personally end of July and octopus/leaseplan took over the order late August.
I was also in a similar boat needing to sell my Volvo privately before receiving the m3.
I did find that the staff at Tesla Westfield were more helpful in giving out info than the main Maidenhead number. ( Also answer quicker!)
As we are lease customers Tesla are not allowed to give out too much info re delivery date etc. Once I found out the car was in the country it was just a case of pestering Tesla and leaseplan to talk to each other to enable collection. Tesla phoned me last Friday and offered a choice of collection slots Tuesday to Friday this week at a time convenient for me. This was then confirmed with follow up emails and on my Tesla account.
Collection yesterday was a breeze, I was the only one there and the whole process including going over the car was around 45mins. It was also fully charged.
I’m now the model 3 driver ambling around south west London looking like I’ve just passed my test! Hope that helps.
Ben

Reactions: Durzel