Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi People,

I'm also leasing through Zen Auto and am one of the 38 customers currently waiting. Ordered a M3 SR+ Midnight Silver Metallic on Sept 16th on a 4yr 15k lease. I have some concerns for a number of reasons...

1. I was expecting delivery middle of October, but have been told that the shipment was delayed until end of October (I didn't think this would be a problem as my current lease doesn't end until November 4th), however, I did not receive the email like everyone else did... it took a phone call for me to find this information out.
  2. I was also told by Zen last week that the next thing I would hear would be from Tesla 'in the next few days'. I didn't hear anything, so contacted Tesla directly and was told that my account isn't linked to any vehicle order and they need the 'RN Number' in order to check the progress of the order.
  3. After much back and forth with Zen, I finally received my RN number today (who said they had to get it from Tesla). I called Tesla again and got told that there is no vehicle allocated to me.
  4. On logging in to the Tesla account, my vehicle is not shown.
  5. Zen are still insistent that I will hear from Tesla in the next few days after the ship arrives on 28th October
  6. Tesla are still insistent that of the 2 ships arriving in the coming weeks, 75% of the vehicles have already been allocated and the remainder will be allocated on arrival in the UK.
  7. Despite Zen being incredibly friendly, having spoken with Angela, Kirsty and Hannah (at length!), it doesn't fill me with confidence that they are expecting the ship to arrive in Stockport (not Southampton) and that I will be able to collect from Bristol (Tesla confirm this is not a possibility).
Along with the rest of you I'm completely in the dark... hopefully when you see that I haven't even got a car in my Tesla account you will realise how lucky you are! Does anyone have any optimism for me? I'm at my wits end.

Thanks

For other Zen Auto customers, I have spoken to both Tesla and Zen today. Tesla have told me that the purchase order from Zen only came through at midday today (despite Zen telling me the car was ordered on Sept 18th). At least Tesla have now confirmed that I will actually be getting a car, but looking at early January delivery... My leasing application went in on Sept 16th and I was told that I was one of the 38 who's cars will be arriving in the UK on the 28th Oct.

I believe that an error was made with my purchase order and it has only been rectified today. I spoke to Kirsty at Zen about it and received this response:

"Thanks for your call earlier.

In regards to this, I have spoken with our purchasing team and they have confirmed that your vehicle was ordered on the 18/09/2019 and the order sent to Tesla. There were a few discrepancies with pricing but this shouldn't have affected the order.

In terms of what Tesla have quoted you, I'm not sure that the front facing staff at Tesla are fully aware of what is going on behind the scenes. Tesla have completely wiped all of their anticipated delivery dates off our orders and have advised that there is a delay in all vehicles, and have told us that it could be a minimum of 3 months before collection. We have a contact at Tesla who works directly with us and he has confirmed that, once the vehicles hit the stores, they are allocated on an “as and when” basis, and that both ZenAuto and our customers will only be notified of an accurate arrival date 2 weeks before the collection is due.

Unfortunately we don’t have any more information other than that. We’re having to manage all our customer expectations on this and unfortunately we can’t guarantee any specific dates. We’ve been told that this is effecting everyone that has a Tesla on order and not just ZenAuto customers.

We really appreciate your patience at this time, I will continue to press Tesla on this matter."

Am I being fobbed off?!

For other Zen Auto customers, I have spoken to both Tesla and Zen today. Tesla have told me that the purchase order from Zen only came through at midday today (despite Zen telling me the car was ordered on Sept 18th). At least Tesla have now confirmed that I will actually be getting a car, but looking at early January delivery... My leasing application went in on Sept 16th and I was told that I was one of the 38 who's cars will be arriving in the UK on the 28th Oct.

I believe that an error was made with my purchase order and it has only been rectified today. I spoke to Kirsty at Zen about it and received this response:

"Thanks for your call earlier.

In regards to this, I have spoken with our purchasing team and they have confirmed that your vehicle was ordered on the 18/09/2019 and the order sent to Tesla. There were a few discrepancies with pricing but this shouldn't have affected the order.

In terms of what Tesla have quoted you, I'm not sure that the front facing staff at Tesla are fully aware of what is going on behind the scenes. Tesla have completely wiped all of their anticipated delivery dates off our orders and have advised that there is a delay in all vehicles, and have told us that it could be a minimum of 3 months before collection. We have a contact at Tesla who works directly with us and he has confirmed that, once the vehicles hit the stores, they are allocated on an “as and when” basis, and that both ZenAuto and our customers will only be notified of an accurate arrival date 2 weeks before the collection is due.

Unfortunately we don’t have any more information other than that. We’re having to manage all our customer expectations on this and unfortunately we can’t guarantee any specific dates. We’ve been told that this is effecting everyone that has a Tesla on order and not just ZenAuto customers.

We really appreciate your patience at this time, I will continue to press Tesla on this matter."

Am I being fobbed off?!

So are you saying this is effecting the 38 cars they have on order or only orders placed later?
I spoke to Zen at 5pm today and they said that mine was on the delivery arriving on 28/10 which would be shipped to Stockport and then on to Leeds for collection, probably 1st or 2nd week of November.

So are you saying this is effecting the 38 cars they have on order or only orders placed later?
I spoke to Zen at 5pm today and they said that mine was on the delivery arriving on 28/10 which would be shipped to Stockport and then on to Leeds for collection, probably 1st or 2nd week of November.

I don't know, hopefully not. Do you have access to your vehicle in your Tesla account? I don't have that, and having spoke to Tesla today, they have only just received the purchase order from Zen today. I just think mine has been screwed up by them but no one wants to acknowledge that!

If your car is linked to your Tesla account (ie you can see it when you log in to Tesla), or you know your RN number, then I'd recommend phoning Tesla UK on 01628 450660, option 5, option 1, option 1. They're really helpful and will be able to give you a better idea on delivery. I'd be interested to here what they say. Fingers crossed it's just mine that has been messed up and not anyone elses.

and just for full clarity, the email I received above from Kirstie was sent today at 1729.

I also ordered from Zen.auto, they placed my order on the 28/8/2019. I received the email on 14/10/2019 to say the car will delayed and should expect it early November.

I’m hoping it arrives before the end of November as that’s when my current lease has to be returned.