Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting to give up hope..

8th August through lease company. No communication, no RN. Rang Tesla in September to be given an RN and told end of November. Rang Tesla this week, your car is in Leeds waiting release once your purchase order is fixed. Lease company tell me I don't even have a car. Tesla now refusing to speak to me and insisting everything goes through lease company who are adamant I haven't been vin matched yet.

• Disagree
Reactions: Chalks99

8th August through lease company. No communication, no RN. Rang Tesla in September to be given an RN and told end of November. Rang Tesla this week, your car is in Leeds waiting release once your purchase order is fixed. Lease company tell me I don't even have a car. Tesla now refusing to speak to me and insisting everything goes through lease company who are adamant I haven't been vin matched yet.
Which lease Company?

Those who reserved themselves and transferred the RN - be warned, Tesla will likely F'up the invoice to the lease company, including the 2k deduction. Make sure your lease company knows about your reservation fee. I told Tesla weeks ago which account to put the 2k into and they still managed to balls it up...

That's a crazy situation !

Just had my vehicle registration confirmed by the lease company. No delivery appointment yet but Tesla still saying ‘early December’ (Lease co. say ‘by end of the year”). Tesla have confirmed I will receive a text ‘automatically’ by SMS. At least I can get the insurance sorted now. :)

Hi Guys

I ordered my M3P October 24th through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts with the funder being LeasePlan. Nationwide are quoting late January early February for delivery. Is this likely or could it come earlier?
I have emailed Nationwide for a RN number and have been told they will contact Tesla to try and obtain one at this stage. How fast do Tesla raise the RN number? I thought this would have been done by now given Nationwide confirmed my order on the 28th and they received my signed finance documents from LeasePlan on 30th.

Ste

Hi Guys

I ordered my M3P October 24th through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts with the funder being LeasePlan. Nationwide are quoting late January early February for delivery. Is this likely or could it come earlier?
I have emailed Nationwide for a RN number and have been told they will contact Tesla to try and obtain one at this stage. How fast do Tesla raise the RN number? I thought this would have been done by now given Nationwide confirmed my order on the 28th and they received my signed finance documents from LeasePlan on 30th.

Ste
It seems that a lot of lease company differ in terms of the RN number and the car appearing in your Tesla account. Some is almost instant (in my case I got a Tesla account with RN and car in it the day after I signed the documents). Others it takes longer, sometimes you don't get the car appearing in your Tesla account at all until you take delivery.

Late January sounds about right - it's approx 3 month wait for the Model 3. My wait was exactly 3 months to the day from when I agreed and signed the lease documents - 7th August I signed, 8th/9th Tesla confirmed the order, 7th November I got the car.

There are lots of variables though - it's possible that you could get the car earlier.

It seems that a lot of lease company differ in terms of the RN number and the car appearing in your Tesla account. Some is almost instant (in my case I got a Tesla account with RN and car in it the day after I signed the documents). Others it takes longer, sometimes you don't get the car appearing in your Tesla account at all until you take delivery.

Late January sounds about right - it's approx 3 month wait for the Model 3. My wait was exactly 3 months to the day from when I agreed and signed the lease documents - 7th August I signed, 8th/9th Tesla confirmed the order, 7th November I got the car.

There are lots of variables though - it's possible that you could get the car earlier.

I have not received anything from Tesla direct to confirm the order? Should I have received something from them?

I don't have a problem waiting until February for the Tesla as I cannot hand back my Audi to the finance company until then. Its the unknown that I do not like. I have been with Audi for the last 12 years and have always known my factory build dates and expected delivery dates very early on after signing the finance documents. This is the first car I have used a leasing company for.

I have not received anything from Tesla direct to confirm the order? Should I have received something from them?

I don't have a problem waiting until February for the Tesla as I cannot hand back my Audi to the finance company until then. Its the unknown that I do not like. I have been with Audi for the last 12 years and have always known my factory build dates and expected delivery dates very early on after signing the finance documents. This is the first car I have used a leasing company for.

I had to push my Broker to get the RN number; I then phoned Tesla who said I hadn’t been allocated a VIN as yet. Ordered M3P last week in October and was told December delivery but chap at Tesla said more likely to be February

Yeah push nationwide for an RN, they should be able to get one. Some leasing companies take control of the RN so you never get one, but I don't think that's the case with Nationwide/Leaseplan. After this you should receive an email from Tesla inviting you to make an account. I think if you don't get that email you can just go to the Tesla site to make one though.

Not that that tells you anything other than you have a car on order. Unfortunately you won't hear anything for a while. Tesla won't give you an estimated delivery date no matter how many times you call them.

With my order I basically heard nothing from Tesla for almost 3 months. I got a delivery confirmation text about 2 weeks before delivery and that was the first I heard from them.

Also regarding your Audi - if you still don't have a delivery date near the time your Audi goes back, ask for what's called an information extension - basically you can extend the lease for a few months without signing a new agreement. VW offered me this, I extended for 2 months while I waited for my Model 3. Took me 5 mins on the phone to do, all the monthly costs stayed the same including the maintenance plan.

Yeah push nationwide for an RN, they should be able to get one. Some leasing companies take control of the RN so you never get one, but I don't think that's the case with Nationwide/Leaseplan. After this you should receive an email from Tesla inviting you to make an account. I think if you don't get that email you can just go to the Tesla site to make one though.

Not that that tells you anything other than you have a car on order. Unfortunately you won't hear anything for a while. Tesla won't give you an estimated delivery date no matter how many times you call them.

With my order I basically heard nothing from Tesla for almost 3 months. I got a delivery confirmation text about 2 weeks before delivery and that was the first I heard from them.

Also regarding your Audi - if you still don't have a delivery date near the time your Audi goes back, ask for what's called an information extension - basically you can extend the lease for a few months without signing a new agreement. VW offered me this, I extended for 2 months while I waited for my Model 3. Took me 5 mins on the phone to do, all the monthly costs stayed the same including the maintenance plan.

Interesting point you make about the Tesla account, I've signed out and signed in again and still nothing showing re car info or what I have ordered even though Tesla have confirmed they have received a RN from lease company..... maybe this is because it hasn't been matched yet ?

Interesting point you make about the Tesla account, I've signed out and signed in again and still nothing showing re car info or what I have ordered even though Tesla have confirmed they have received a RN from lease company..... maybe this is because it hasn't been matched yet ?
Maybe. Like I said it really depends on who takes control of the order - the lease company, broker, or driver (you). But it's Tesla...anythings possible.

The important think is that Tesla have confirmed they have the order and there is an RN.

I wouldn't worry too much if the car doesn't appear in your account.

Reactions: Chalks99
As others have said, different lease companies seem to have different procedures. I was invited to make a Tesla account but cannot see the car in my account. My lease co did forward on the RN and I have been able to speak to Tesla to make sure they have the order etc. I don’t expect I will see the car in my account until it has been delivered.

Nationwide say they are going to come back to me once Tesla have replied but I will keep on at them for one.

I did sign up to a Tesla account but it shows no orders as all I have from Nationwide is their order number. I really want the RN for piece of mind that the car has been ordered with Tesla lol.

My Audi isn’t leased, I bought it on finance, however my PCP is not up until November 2020 but I am able to hand the car back in February and terminate the finance and owe nothing. If the Tesla is delayed at least I will be able to keep the Audi for longer.