Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leaseplan via NHS Fleet
Which lease Company?
Leaseplan via NHS Fleet

I've done the same thing. Ordered 28th of August. Found out on Thursday my reg number and a pick up of Friday.
Spoke to leaseplan and they say Tesla are a nightmare and I rang Tesla to confirm the pick up time and date. They said it's difficult talking to leaseplan. Seems it's a process issue with both of them.
I'm also collecting from Leeds. It'll come good. what did you order?

I've done the same thing. Ordered 28th of August. Found out on Thursday my reg number and a pick up of Friday.
Spoke to leaseplan and they say Tesla are a nightmare and I rang Tesla to confirm the pick up time and date. They said it's difficult talking to leaseplan. Seems it's a process issue with both of them.

Nothing fancy, Black SR Plus with Black interior.

Did you get your RN from Leaseplan or Tesla?

I don't think mine will turn up this year.

Leaseplan.

I'm not kidding, I have heard nothing at all since I ordered ,Andon Thursday I got an email stating your delivery date is 29th with a few attachments that included the rn and pick up from leeds.
I had to call them to confirm it wouldn't be delivered and that I had to collect.
I then had to call Tesla to confirm with them as it seems they don't speak to each other.

Has anyone leasing changed their order to an inventory car?

I have been VIN matched, but delivery is still a month or so away. I similar car has popped up in the inventory, I'm tempted to change to that car if it means I could get it delivered quickly. I'm just not sure if it would cause any issues with the lease.

Has anyone leasing changed their order to an inventory car?

I have been VIN matched, but delivery is still a month or so away. I similar car has popped up in the inventory, I'm tempted to change to that car if it means I could get it delivered quickly. I'm just not sure if it would cause any issues with the lease.
I had a similar thought a couple of weeks ago, but when I spoke to Tesla both cars were on the same ship so I wouldn’t have got it any sooner (but it would have cost £2k more!).

• Informative
Reactions: KamSandhu44
Has anyone on here been able to order their lease for delivery after a specific date?

Keen on ordering to hedge against price fluctuations but don't want to take delivery or start any monthlies until my current lease ends in 5 months' time.
Pretty sure you can do this, would depend on the leasing company I guess.

When the order is confirmed with Tesla, on the order agreement, there's a section that says 'Delivery preference' and underneath 'No earlier than x date'

Since it's a lease you should be able to put the order in and specify a delivery preference, and have the car delivered after that preferred date. Lease payments usually start after you've taken delivery anyway.

Just heard from NHS Fleet that my car is "2-4 weeks away", but they have allocated collection from Leeds and not Birmingham. I would assume it is via Leaseplan too. Ordered 20th September

Pretty sure you can do this, would depend on the leasing company I guess.

When the order is confirmed with Tesla, on the order agreement, there's a section that says 'Delivery preference' and underneath 'No earlier than x date'

Since it's a lease you should be able to put the order in and specify a delivery preference, and have the car delivered after that preferred date. Lease payments usually start after you've taken delivery anyway.

When I ordered a few weeks ago lease companies told me they can order up to six months in advance, so you can request a certain date within that. Reading various posts on here whether they actually deliver it when you want it months in advance seems like a long shot, but we'll see. I've requested it on the 1st of March as that's when my current lease is up, and I was told that shouldn't be a problem.

In my conversations with the lease companies, they say they cannot request a specific delivery window from Tesla, you will simply get matched to a car at the earliest opportunity which you can decline. This process then continues until you get matched to a car for delivery at a suitable date.

With this system Tesla and lease companies will not hold a car for a long period for a future delivery date, and it is luck of the draw after your required delivery date when you get matched with what you need and when delivery will actually take place.

I'm preparing myself for possibility of a short term rental in case of problems when I send my current PCP car back to Peugeot at the end of its contract.

Finally got a delivery date (direct from Tesla not leasing company), end of this week!!!

Can't wait
Just received my RN number today!

What is the best way to get this into my Tesla account?

I don’t believe you can unless you are buying directly from Tesla. If you are going through a Broker or lease company then it’s down to them to notify you when a car has been matched and a delivery date set.

I don’t believe you can unless you are buying directly from Tesla. If you are going through a Broker or lease company then it’s down to them to notify you when a car has been matched and a delivery date set.
I went through a broker (1st Choice Vehicle Finance) and lease company (Lex Autolease) and the RN appeared in my Tesla account immediately - the day after I signed the lease documents and the lease company sent the order through to Tesla.

I was notified of delivery from Tesla, not from the broker. They notified me via text, and called me the week of delivery.

But this varies among lease companies. Some you won't see the RN in your Tesla account at all, you'll just deal with the lease company/broker to update you with delivery information..