Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a M3P MSM on 11th Oct through Tusker via Salary Sacrifice scheme. Employer finally signed documents 12th Nov. Nothing showing on my tesla account. Tusker showing delivery date of Late Mar 2020. Called today for an update and to get RN so i could call Tesla direct maybe get my car on my account. Was told im not matched with a car and i can't get a RN until im matched with a car? Was hoping to get mine early with the talk of all these M3P going out :(

I've got an RN but no matched car; I ordered a M3P mid Oct, now been told mid Feb :-(

That really does help...

Do you think if I placed the order instead of them it might avoid some of the problems you mentioned? Not least because I'd already have the VIN of the inventory car and would be on my Tesla account? Or am I being way too optimistic?

Nick

Time’s the important factor/you’re creating a race. Ask Tesla how long fulfilment of the inventory order will take (sounds like many inventory cars are on ships still). Then ask LP how long it will take them to sort finance/transfer the RN post your assent to the quote/order with them. You need the money from Leaseplan, and the order financially with them, prior to delivery, or you can’t take the car on the day.

Didn’t spot the inventory car angle earlier - but would they still be there if you got Leaseplan to order, when they went to order? Doubt it!

Time’s the important factor/you’re creating a race. Ask Tesla how long fulfilment of the inventory order will take (sounds like many inventory cars are on ships still). Then ask LP how long it will take them to sort finance/transfer the RN post your assent to the quote/order with them. You need the money from Leaseplan, and the order financially with them, prior to delivery, or you can’t take the car on the day.

Didn’t spot the inventory car angle earlier - but would they still be there if you got Leaseplan to order, when they went to order? Doubt it!

Leaseplan say best to place the order myself after the credit check - securing the inventory vehicle. If it takes a little while for Leaseplan to sort the ££ out then I assume it will delay the collection by *insert number of days/weeks/years* but still sounds quicker than a new build order.

Ordered a M3P MSM on 11th Oct through Tusker via Salary Sacrifice scheme. Employer finally signed documents 12th Nov. Nothing showing on my tesla account. Tusker showing delivery date of Late Mar 2020. Called today for an update and to get RN so i could call Tesla direct maybe get my car on my account. Was told im not matched with a car and i can't get a RN until im matched with a car? Was hoping to get mine early with the talk of all these M3P going out :(

That's nonsense. You get an RN as soon as the car is ordered. Your RN won't get matched to a VIN for a while.
I'm a bit suspicious of that delivery date too.

Finally collected my lease car this morning from Birmingham. It’s taken 3 months from placing the order with Zen Auto to delivery.

ZenAuto have been good, i secured really good rates at the end of August and the process was straight forward, in addition I’ve found Tesla really helpful on the few occasions i contacted them.

The handover experience was definitely different to a traditional dealership, but not in a negative way.

I’m hoping to get one through Tusker too. Was surprised to see an M3 on there, how was the process for you? because I’ve had a VW polo for 2 years through them and the process was like pulling teeth. Tempted to wait until April when the BIK changes, monthly payments were manageable up until their recent price hike.

For anyone ZenAuto, ordered with them on the 12th of September. Picked my car up on the 28th of November. Even when I called on 20th they said my car is approx still 2 weeks away.

What spec did you order? I went through Zen for a LR in white. Ordered 13th Nov. Did you get them to sync the order with a Tesla account? I have asked both Zen & Tesla several times however still not showing.

Sorry, should've mentioned I got SR+ with no FSD or anything really. Order appeared in my Tesla account few days after my order was processed. I did have to create my own account and never received an email from either Tesla or Zen throughout the process. I did call and chase up every other week. VIN appeared in source code around the end of October.

What spec did you order? I went through Zen for a LR in white. Ordered 13th Nov. Did you get them to sync the order with a Tesla account? I have asked both Zen & Tesla several times however still not showing.

I ordered with ZenAuto, but I set up my Tesla account first and as I used the same email address for both Tesla and ZenAuto, it seemed to automatically synch when the order was placed.