Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered SR+ via Leaseplan mid September through work. Still waiting for a date. Re the RN number and account matching though - Leaseplan told me via the phone that they did not hold RN numbers and that was something only Tesla could give me. They even emailed me directly after the phone call to confirm this.

I then wrote an email to the order team at Leaseplan and asked them to link my account online. Took a week and a bit but they emailed Tesla, copying me in, asking them to link my account and gave me my RN number. Might be useful for those above to know.

2 working days have passed but my account is not linked yet. I'm going to call Tesla on Monday and ask for an update re delivery.

I’m new here so forgive me if this has been answered already. With the BIK tax rate going down in April, does the contract purchase monthly price on Tesla’s site include the current 16% BIK tax?

Tesla lists PCP (Personal Contract Purchase) pricing. The BIK tax only applies to business purchases, so the listed price is without that accounted for. It's given separately and isn't reflected in any of the figures quoted under PCP.

Same here, managed to speak to Tesla and been told no car has been assigned to me yet, guy said he can’t give an ETA and advised me to speak with LeasePlan. Car ordered on 24/10.
What colours did you choose? FSD? I've just ordered a M3P via Leaseplan and don't yet have a delivery date. There seems to be inventory popping up that matches my spec (white out, black in, no FSD), but as usual with Tesla, there doesn't seem a great deal of logic in how anything happens.

What colours did you choose? FSD? I've just ordered a M3P via Leaseplan and don't yet have a delivery date. There seems to be inventory popping up that matches my spec (white out, black in, no FSD), but as usual with Tesla, there doesn't seem a great deal of logic in how anything happens.

White with black interior no FSD. I was told late Jan for delivery which I am happy with, however I am now thinking if a car hasn’t even been assigned, will I get it then or is it going to be later.

Last edited:
Hello all,

Long time lurker considering model 3 lease and just wanted to gauge some expert opinion on whether this deal is a good price or not. I don’t have a handle on what the deals were like at launch but this seems significantly better than anywhere else at the moment and I’d love some advice on whether holding off til next year would bring it down or if this is indeed as good as it seems.

LeaseLoco - The car lease comparison site.

To summarise it’s for a model 3 LR

24 months
5k miles
£418.72 a month
£3,768.44 initial payment
Average monthly cost of £558.29

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

Long time lurker considering model 3 lease and just wanted to gauge some expert opinion on whether this deal is a good price or not. I don’t have a handle on what the deals were like at launch but this seems significantly better than anywhere else at the moment and I’d love some advice on whether holding off til next year would bring it down or if this is indeed as good as it seems.

24 months
5k miles
£418.72 a month

Thanks in advance!

welcome to the forum!

That price looks pretty decent for current times to be fair. I would say though; although price is super important obviously, knowing how much of a headache the Tesla ‘system’ can cause when ordering these days I highly recommend going through a broker or lease company that comes recommended - from my experience, it would help you to have a great contact there who is happy to be entirely involved throughout the ordering and delivery process. Someone who’ll go the extra mile for you to ensure the order is processed smoothly from start to finish. I only say this as I’ve read some horror stories about some lease companies lying about stock, others going totally radio silent or being unhelpful during the waiting process, some not being entirely straight about not having an RN (reservation) number yet.... the list goes on.

You should be able to find some great recommendations on this forum of leasing companies or brokers to try. I can highly recommend the broker I used - Yorkshire Fleet. Google their company name, ask for Andy Jefferies, and say Dan recommended you - let him know the price you have received, and see if he can beat it. Worth a try - he’s been an absolute legend throughout the whole process for me, super helpful and I couldn’t speak more highly of the man.

good luck - let us know how you get on!

Hello all,

24 months
5k miles
£418.72 a month

Thanks in advance!
Make sure you have someone’s referral code at the time of ordering. You and the person whose code it is will both get 1,000 free supercharger miles! You have to quote the referral code when you order, you can’t get it applied afterwards. Lots of people will be willing to give you theirs! :)

welcome to the forum!

That price looks pretty decent for current times to be fair. I would say though; although price is super important obviously, knowing how much of a headache the Tesla ‘system’ can cause when ordering these days I highly recommend going through a broker or lease company that comes recommended - from my experience, it would help you to have a great contact there who is happy to be entirely involved throughout the ordering and delivery process. Someone who’ll go the extra mile for you to ensure the order is processed smoothly from start to finish. I only say this as I’ve read some horror stories about some lease companies lying about stock, others going totally radio silent or being unhelpful during the waiting process, some not being entirely straight about not having an RN (reservation) number yet.... the list goes on.

You should be able to find some great recommendations on this forum of leasing companies or brokers to try. I can highly recommend the broker I used - Yorkshire Fleet. Google their company name, ask for Andy Jefferies, and say Dan recommended you - let him know the price you have received, and see if he can beat it. Worth a try - he’s been an absolute legend throughout the whole process for me, super helpful and I couldn’t speak more highly of the man.

good luck - let us know how you get on!

Thanks Dan! Great advice and makes total sense, I will get in touch as per your suggestion and see what’s available.

Out of interest were prices a bit cheaper at the time of initial launch and have since gone up or has there been a gradual decline?

Thanks Dan! Great advice and makes total sense, I will get in touch as per your suggestion and see what’s available.

Out of interest were prices a bit cheaper at the time of initial launch and have since gone up or has there been a gradual decline?
There have been two price rises since I ordered in September, so the M3 SR+ is £2k more expensive. I think there have also been price cuts for some specs at certain times but overall I think prices will continue to rise. Then there is the uncertainty of Brexit. Personally, I would go ahead and order now. I would also consider a longer period, say 36 months as this is generally better value. I have also gone for higher mileage as I think we will drive this car more than the others. 5000 miles is quite low, and they are great fun to drive! Then there are the additional saving on servicing, fuel etc. I am swapping from an e class merc and will be saving approximately £100 per month on top of not having to pay a big deposit. There doesn’t seem much to complain about, apart from wait times from ordering.

Hello all,

24 months
5k miles
£418.72 a month

Thanks in advance!

These are my prices for a Model 3 Performance, blue exterior, black interior, no FSD.

IMG_0683.jpg

36 months
5k miles pa
Based on 20% tax
This is for Salary Sacrifice through Arval Ignition through my employer and includes insurance, tires, scheduled services, breakdown recovery. It was the BIK incentive from April 2020 that swung it for me :)

These are my prices for a Model 3 Performance, blue exterior, black interior, no FSD.

View attachment 484580

36 months
5k miles pa
Based on 20% tax
This is for Salary Sacrifice through Arval Ignition through my employer and includes insurance, tires, scheduled services, breakdown recovery. It was the BIK incentive from April 2020 that swung it for me :)

That’s great if it includes insurance and tyres! - will you only do 5k miles ? ... that’s not a lot ....

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

View attachment 484580

36 months
5k miles pa
Based on 20% tax

5K/yr is trivial. What's your mileage overage charge?

Disclaimer: We are doing over 20K/yr, so very biased. We'd rather drive than take air or train.

Starting to give up hope..

8th August through lease company. No communication, no RN. Rang Tesla in September to be given an RN and told end of November. Rang Tesla this week, your car is in Leeds waiting release once your purchase order is fixed. Lease company tell me I don't even have a car. Tesla now refusing to speak to me and insisting everything goes through lease company who are adamant I haven't been vin matched yet.

Despite reassurances from NHS Fleet in November to say I haven't been allocated a car and there's nothing wrong with my order I've been told today that Fleet knew I had a car since November and there is a problem with my order.

I very much doubt that same car is still sitting there nearly four weeks later. Very upset and disappointed with the service received from NHS Fleet.