Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be the case if the dealer initially placed the deposit on the Tesla website.

If somebody placed the deposit and registered the account themselves, I don't see why any access would be revoked from the app. I believe all the issues mentioned previously arisen from leasing companies not transferring Tesla Account ownership to the customer.

They don't transfer ownership because you don't own the car.

If purchased through the Tesla enterprise team I believe you won't have access to those features.

I queried this with Arval before I choose the car reading what other people were saying.

Arval told me that I would have full access to the app including any additional's, but that could apply just to Arval or my company.

Mine also told me I'd have full access and would be able to subscribe to premium connectivity when it runs out but that hasn't happened.

ASFIK only those leasing directly from Tesla have full access.

I’ve just had my leased car in for some warranty work. I pushed the issue with them, as I wanted to pay to unlock the rear heated seats and also to subscribe to premium connectivity.

They told me they can do once off payment upgrades (heated rear seats, FSD, etc) in the service centre with physical card payment, but can’t arrange premium connectivity as it is a recurring subscription. I went ahead and paid for the heated seats (waiting for it to now reach the car), but am stuck without premium connectivity. He did say this is a known issue with Tesla and they are working on an upgrade to the system that will allow leased car users to subscribe themselves. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but am hoping he is right.

I’ve just had my leased car in for some warranty work. I pushed the issue with them, as I wanted to pay to unlock the rear heated seats and also to subscribe to premium connectivity.

They told me they can do once off payment upgrades (heated rear seats, FSD, etc) in the service centre with physical card payment, but can’t arrange premium connectivity as it is a recurring subscription. I went ahead and paid for the heated seats (waiting for it to now reach the car), but am stuck without premium connectivity. He did say this is a known issue with Tesla and they are working on an upgrade to the system that will allow leased car users to subscribe themselves. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but am hoping he is right.

That's good to know. As the rear seats almost always have booster seats in them I won't be paying for that upgrade.

TBH the only upgrades I would have considered would be the ambient and music. Music isn't software regulated and ambient I don't believe the option to upgrade exists so I'm happy where I am.

So just to confirm then, when leasing. You'll have full access to the app and it's functions with the exception of 'software upgrades'?

If you're leasing direct from Tesla I believe you have access to everything.

From most if not all the other leasing companies, no. You don't have access to upgrades or subscriptions.

My car doesn't show in my account.

The app and full functionality are available but that's different from online account where you have access to upgrades.

Anyone else using Knowls Associates through the NHS? Old Car is scheduled to go on the 14th December and been given a date of 14th December for the Tesla, asked for RN number to no joy?

Yes we're with Knowles through the NHS. Was frustrating dealing with them at the begining but worked it out. When did you order? (Based on your given delivery date it looks like your order was placed mid September).