Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve ordered through Gateway2Lease and then had direct texts and emails from Tesla arranging for me to collect from the Birmingham Tesla centre.
That's again a news for me. Looks like different lease companies do it slightly differently. I saw someone mention in the forum that ADL delivered or did a home delivery. May be it is Tesla's home delivery service. They deliver to certain locations and the rest we have to collect.

Placed my order with Gateway2Lease on 19th Feb, they confirmed my Tesla RN number on 22nd Feb, then had a text from Tesla on 4th March giving me a collection date and time (15th March) which I had to confirm that I could make. Once I had confirmed, Tesla immediately text again with my reg number and VIN details.
As an update to this, I've just taken a phone call from Tesla (a Maidenhead phone number) to advise me that my car is available now and offering me a quicker collection slot either Friday or Saturday this week. So I've taken them up on the Saturday option.

Can someone who has leased confirm if you can have more than 1 user of the app? It’s her reported in another thread that you can’t. So does this mean only 1 driver profile?
I have one distinct app user (credentials shared with my wife) but 6 driver profiles. The number of profiles aren't linked to the number of app users. Having multiple app users means you can have different email addresses/passwords that login to the app if you require that.

I think secondary users are prevented from purchasing upgrades and booking service appointments.

Reactions: Tigermad
I have one distinct app user (credentials shared with my wife) but 6 driver profiles. The number of profiles aren't linked to the number of app users. Having multiple app users means you can have different email addresses/passwords that login to the app if you require that.

I think secondary users are prevented from purchasing upgrades and booking service appointments.
Thanks I knew about the upgrades but why can’t you book a service appointment? That’s a bit weird. So do you have to go through the lease company to book a service appointment if something is wrong with the car?

Thanks I knew about the upgrades but why can’t you book a service appointment? That’s a bit weird. So do you have to go through the lease company to book a service appointment if something is wrong with the car?
I believe you'll still be able to book service as the primary user of the car however if you chose (and if the lease company allowed you) to add further users they're access would be restricted.

Placed an order via CarLeaseUK on 23rd Feb (company has pretty decent reviews online).
Order confirmation from Lex Autolease on 25th Feb (woeful reviews, so bit worried but hopefully deal with it in 4 years)
Got email from Tesla confirming order on 1st March (but nothing shows up on the account or the app)
Lex paperwork went through on 4th Mar (was initially put through on 25th but DD details were incorrect)

Got text with RN number on 8th March.

Not sure how long after this I get any more information haha. Wonder what the time period is between receiving RN number and further info/VIN/delivery.

Really looking forward to the car, but bit annoyed by the limitations in use secondary to leasing it - certainly wasn't aware of this to begin with e.g. car not showing on account/app; people not getting their referral miles; unable to upgrade software; ability of more than one person to use app? Etc.
- hopefully will be able to get answers to these things on this forum post delivery.

Reactions: Mperkins28
Placed an order via CarLeaseUK on 23rd Feb (company has pretty decent reviews online).
Order confirmation from Lex Autolease on 25th Feb (woeful reviews, so bit worried but hopefully deal with it in 4 years)
Got email from Tesla confirming order on 1st March (but nothing shows up on the account or the app)
Lex paperwork went through on 4th Mar (was initially put through on 25th but DD details were incorrect)

Got text with RN number on 8th March.

Not sure how long after this I get any more information haha. Wonder what the time period is between receiving RN number and further info/VIN/delivery.

Really looking forward to the car, but bit annoyed by the limitations in use secondary to leasing it - certainly wasn't aware of this to begin with e.g. car not showing on account/app; people not getting their referral miles; unable to upgrade software; ability of more than one person to use app? Etc.
- hopefully will be able to get answers to these things on this forum post delivery.
You can update the software but can’t purchase extras.

You can update the software but can’t purchase extras.
This is going off topic from the thread so please remove if necessary:

So for LR after 12 months when the premium connectivity ends, I can't subscribe to it?

Also, is there much of a need of this premium connectivity - does it give me anything in particular that I can't get via my phone's internet (hotspot/bluetooth) etc.

This is going off topic from the thread so please remove if necessary:

So for LR after 12 months when the premium connectivity ends, I can't subscribe to it?

Also, is there much of a need of this premium connectivity - does it give me anything in particular that I can't get via my phone's internet (hotspot/bluetooth) etc.
I was under the impression it’s just thing like speed boost and FSD that you can upgrade to. All other software (premium connectivity) is fine

I would like to order my home charger but need the VIN number for the grant. I have my RN number but since the car is coming over to the UK Tesla can’t give me a VIN for around 2 weeks. Do I have to wait until I get the VIN? I think there will be a long lead time for the install as it is and would have liked to have it in place.