Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they give you / anybody the registration number at all - just wondering how to go about getting insurance quotes etc
The text normally includes Reg and VIN. But that is if you are collecting it. The delivery text does not include Reg number. If you are on lease you can see the Reg number in your final lease agreement, if not I guess you can give them a call and ask them to check it for you with your RN

Did they give you / anybody the registration number at all - just wondering how to go about getting insurance quotes etc

You don't normally need a registration number to get a quote. That will stay valid for typically 30 days so that locks you in to an approx price. Then when you know reg number and firm delivery date, you just need to act on the quote and pay - that varies from insurer to insurer and may need a phone call. If delivery date changes, price may change by a few £.

Just had a call from Tesla, like many on here my finance company had pushed the delivery date to April when my broker originally said March and I would prefer March. So they are going to try and get a car delivered for March (fingers crossed). Just hope I dint end up with a Fremont one. I want the matrix headlights etc even though not enabled yet.

It’s appears that gateway2lease is the main 3rd party lease company that people use. Is there anyone out there with experience of who you should potentially avoid from bad experiences? Thanks
I've used CarleaseUK - haven't yet had delivery of the car (due in a few days).

So far the service and communication has been excellent.
Will be interesting to know how they deal with the 2nd app user situation and the referral miles (so far I've seen threads talking about this being the responsibility of the finance company; who are atrocious at being able to contact (LEX)).

Reactions: Mperkins28
It’s appears that gateway2lease is the main 3rd party lease company that people use. Is there anyone out there with experience of who you should potentially avoid from bad experiences? Thanks
I think it's just a case of G2L are currently offering some of the best prices. I always shop around first & then Google for a few reviews once I've narrowed it down.

Reactions: Mperkins28
I've ordered my M3 LR from a lease company called gateway2lease. They have been fairly good keeping me updated and sent me my reg and vin number too.
I hadn't had a text from tesla as of yesterday morning (26/03/21) re collection date, so managed to find a number to contact tesla.
The young lady on the phone had my details and found my car. She apologised that I hadn't received a text and told me that my collection is booked for midday on 31/03/21 🙂 after the call I received the text straight away.
So if you haven't had a text then might be worth a call to them ?

Reactions: flowuk and Tigermad