Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for those on business leases (bonus points for Tusker):

1. If there’s an issue with the car, do you have to tell Tusker/lease company, or do you just log the issue in-App and get a ranger or SC appt?

pros and cons here, one is more convenient and avoids delays, whilst if there’s a bigger issue it’s important the lease company know.

2. when it comes to servicing, are their independent garage any good or do they just default to using Tesla themselves?

3. if your car suffers from bad road rash on the sills, who’s at fault - Tesla or you?

Quick question for those on business leases (bonus points for Tusker):

1. If there’s an issue with the car, do you have to tell Tusker/lease company, or do you just log the issue in-App and get a ranger or SC appt?

pros and cons here, one is more convenient and avoids delays, whilst if there’s a bigger issue it’s important the lease company know.

2. when it comes to servicing, are their independent garage any good or do they just default to using Tesla themselves?

3. if your car suffers from bad road rash on the sills, who’s at fault - Tesla or you?
We have had 3 or 4 cars from Tusker with our M3P on order being the latest.

In my experience i have always dealt with it myself from a convenience perspective and just let Tusker know from a courtesy, they have always been fine with that. I had paint chips on a Merc bonnet within 6 weeks of delivery, talked to Tusker who booked it in, sent them photos and when Merc refused to fix it they took notes and it was no issue when handing the car back as they believed it to be an unresolved warranty claim

Im not actually sure if they would get access to any booking you make anyway as your effectively an additional driver on their master Tesla account.

With regards to Point 2 this is a new aspect since our last Tusker car, in the past its always been the main dealer, for what we need on a Tesla i assume it will be Tesla themselves with the exception of tyres and maybe fluids like the 2 yearly brake fluid. I’m hoping i can specify the PS4S tyres when i need the first set, have managed to specify any approved tyre in the past.

Seeing a lot of conflicting info on Tusker and how they are to deal with. My employer offers cars through them but unfortunately last time I chatted to them on the phone they told me they couldn't lease me any Tesla at all because I'm under 30. I'm 28 btw. Basically a technicality at that point but I can only assume it's to do with the contract they have with the insurance company.

Now considering leasing a Model 3 direct from Tesla through a PCP. I like the flexibility it offers. I assume that leasing direct from Tesla means no mucking around trying to resolve account problems either as seems to often happen when leasing via third parties.

My only reservation is, aside from the obvious benefits of the tax break, Tusker include insurance along with a load of other stuff in their prices. Obviously getting a car direct from Tesla means I'm on my own to sort out insurance. Bit of an issue because this will be my first car. Lived in London all my life so never really had a car before even though I love driving because London driving is just horrible and expensive.

Now I'm looking to move away from London so I can buy a house instead of a flat and work from home most of the time. Which is great but means I need a car. Happy with that as I've had my eye on a Tesla for a while. However I have absolutely no NCB. On the other hand, moving out of London and the fact I'm basically 30 should bring my premiums down. I can also add the Mrs as a second driver. I wonder also if the anti-theft and safety features on a Tesla are considered by the insurance companies too. Need to ring about and ask.

Anyone else here been in a similar situation and got any wisdom to share? Basically: almost 30, wanting to get a Model 3, but have no NCB so am concerned about insurance premiums.

Seeing a lot of conflicting info on Tusker and how they are to deal with. My employer offers cars through them but unfortunately last time I chatted to them on the phone they told me they couldn't lease me any Tesla at all because I'm under 30. I'm 28 btw. Basically a technicality at that point but I can only assume it's to do with the contract they have with the insurance company.

Now considering leasing a Model 3 direct from Tesla through a PCP. I like the flexibility it offers. I assume that leasing direct from Tesla means no mucking around trying to resolve account problems either as seems to often happen when leasing via third parties.

My only reservation is, aside from the obvious benefits of the tax break, Tusker include insurance along with a load of other stuff in their prices. Obviously getting a car direct from Tesla means I'm on my own to sort out insurance. Bit of an issue because this will be my first car. Lived in London all my life so never really had a car before even though I love driving because London driving is just horrible and expensive.

Now I'm looking to move away from London so I can buy a house instead of a flat and work from home most of the time. Which is great but means I need a car. Happy with that as I've had my eye on a Tesla for a while. However I have absolutely no NCB. On the other hand, moving out of London and the fact I'm basically 30 should bring my premiums down. I can also add the Mrs as a second driver. I wonder also if the anti-theft and safety features on a Tesla are considered by the insurance companies too. Need to ring about and ask.

Anyone else here been in a similar situation and got any wisdom to share? Basically: almost 30, wanting to get a Model 3, but have no NCB so am concerned about insurance premiums.
Why don't you go and get a few insurance quotes and see what it comes out with...

Why don't you go and get a few insurance quotes and see what it comes out with...

I will do but I'm unsure exactly where I'll be moving to at the moment, still sorting that bit out, and the quotes will be based strongly on the postcode. I know for sure if I give a London postcode I'll probably be quoted over double compared to the rest of the UK for example. But yeah when I got a more solid idea of where exactly I'll be moving to then I'll have a postcode to give the insurance companies.

Just thought I'd ask here because I figured people who've been in the same boat can recommend the good insurance companies to go with and just give me an idea of what to expect since I doubt I'm the only one who didn't start driving at 18.

Just wanted to know if any one that is currently leasing via Tusker that have tinted their windows and did you get permission from them or just added them. I understand that you can remove the tints before returning just wanted to know how fussy they are.

Just wanted to know if any one that is currently leasing via Tusker that have tinted their windows and did you get permission from them or just added them. I understand that you can remove the tints before returning just wanted to know how fussy they are.
I've not used a Lease company before, but I've had my vehicles inspected under 'Voluntary Terminations' by the same people who collect lease cars (British Car Auctions). They don't care unless it is a bad job (peeling/bubbles).

I'm looking to lease through the Salary Sacrifice with Octopus. They wouldn't enable me to order direct and pass over the reference no so I can't guarantee my LR on the early June vessel!

Does anyone know how long the process is for companies to onboard with Octopus?

I just called NHS Fleet solutions and they refused to tell me who the leasing company is, what a waste of time.
We're doing an NHS salary sacrifice lease for a Model 3 (hopefully!). I believe different lease companies are used in different areas; in our part of the SW (South Somerset) they're using Knowles Fleet, who I've been in touch with from the start. How odd (and frustrating for you) that you don't even know who the lease company is! (Not that we have a VIN or anything yet...)

Reactions: jfrancis
We're doing an NHS salary sacrifice lease for a Model 3 (hopefully!). I believe different lease companies are used in different areas; in our part of the SW (South Somerset) they're using Knowles Fleet, who I've been in touch with from the start. How odd (and frustrating for you) that you don't even know who the lease company is! (Not that we have a VIN or anything yet...)
Knowles is a fleet company just like jfrancis NHS fleet solutions. They all use another lease company to procur the cars

I'm looking to lease through the Salary Sacrifice with Octopus. They wouldn't enable me to order direct and pass over the reference no so I can't guarantee my LR on the early June vessel!

Does anyone know how long the process is for companies to onboard with Octopus?
I didn't know you could lease a Tesla through Octopus. Are they only doing company leases?

TBH, someone did let slip the name at some point, but it didnt make sense to me. It was apparently Volkswagen Lease or something, apparently they deal with Tesla's and other cars. I might try again tomorrow and hopefully will be able to speak to someone else that can help.
Funny you should mention that... Earlier this afternoon I heard that the fleet company may not have passed on the Tesla referral code to the lease company (!!! - I may add this to the order thread). As a result, I've now found out who the actual lease company are. And apparently it's "VW Leasing".

Oh are you serious? Any chance you got a phone number for them?
No worries, had a guy from NHS Fleet Solutions (Ben) call the leasing company directly instead of send another email. He said they haven't had a RN created on their system yet, but have copied Ben in on the emails to Tesla. So hopefully once it has been created, he will get back to me. Either way, it probably won't stop me calling daily lol.

Reactions: DigbyChicken