Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's an NHS salary sacrifice thingie with Knowles Fleet/VW Leasing. My wife spoke to someone at Knowles Fleet and they tried to say Tesla only deliver on a flatbed to your home (which I know isn't true from this forum!), but then conceded that we'll be dealing directly with Tesla for all delivery matters anyway. I've basically told both the sales rep at Bristol and the delivery team via email that we'll go anywhere, anytime, to pick it up as early as possible. ;) We'll just have to see what happens...
Do what I did and call them on 01628 450660 - option 4

They called me back within an hour and now delivery is set for 2 days time rather than a weeks time on a flat bed with probable delays. Ours is leased as well!

They called me back within an hour and now delivery is set for 2 days time rather than a weeks time on a flat bed with probable delays. Ours is leased as well!
Tesla use different phone numbers depending on the region where car is based! So you may not get the right details other than someone checking the system

(NHS) lease-specific update: FWIW we've just had an email from [email protected] ("Congratulations on your order!").

It states that "We are finalising your order with your lease provider. To accelerate the process, please ensure that all paperwork is in place. [Already done] Download the Tesla app (Apple or Android). [Already done] Your access will go live within 24hrs of receiving your Tesla. You can set/reset your password here.
Add a credit/debit card for the Supercharger network via your Tesla Account. You will not be able to Supercharge without it. Please note that as your vehicle is leased, it will not appear on your Tesla Account. This does not affect the functionality of your Tesla App or Tesla Account."

The email concludes, "Sit back and relax. The Tesla Team will contact you to confirm your appointment via SMS. Until then, please contact your lease provider for updates."

The last sentence is a bit of a mixed message, given that our 'lease provider' has already told my wife to *tell them* when Tesla give us a firm date!

More generally, I don't know if this means if we are one step closer to getting/negotiating a proper delivery date, or - as I suspect - it means nothing at all...!

Reactions: jfrancis
(NHS) lease-specific update: FWIW we've just had an email from [email protected] ("Congratulations on your order!").

It states that "We are finalising your order with your lease provider. To accelerate the process, please ensure that all paperwork is in place. [Already done] Download the Tesla app (Apple or Android). [Already done] Your access will go live within 24hrs of receiving your Tesla. You can set/reset your password here.
Add a credit/debit card for the Supercharger network via your Tesla Account. You will not be able to Supercharge without it. Please note that as your vehicle is leased, it will not appear on your Tesla Account. This does not affect the functionality of your Tesla App or Tesla Account."

The email concludes, "Sit back and relax. The Tesla Team will contact you to confirm your appointment via SMS. Until then, please contact your lease provider for updates."

The last sentence is a bit of a mixed message, given that our 'lease provider' has already told my wife to *tell them* when Tesla give us a firm date!

More generally, I don't know if this means if we are one step closer to getting/negotiating a proper delivery date, or - as I suspect - it means nothing at all...!
You are closer to getting the car. Enjoy, that's the message

Got the same email this evening, well fleet manager did as its a company car

Generally what happens is that Tesla will text you once the delivery is firm and booked in.

what they mean is that everything is in hand on their end and for further updates on what else you need to do is with the lease company.

If you have the Tesla head office number you can actually call them to see if your car is physical stock or on its way.

If physical stock then you may be able to get it earlier just bare in mind some lease companies will push the delivery date forward due to a 14 day cooling off period when you have signed all docs. Of course what they don’t want is the car being taken and you suddenly changing your mind leaving them with what would theoretically be a used car that’s a few days old.

You can even chat with your lease company and waive the 14 day cool off which doesn’t affect your rights if the car is faulty or you need to reject it. Just means you won’t change your mind for no reason.

Moderator comment - merged from "Leasing - am I mad?"

Getting to the point where my current lease is coming to an end, and like a lot of the world looking at jumping up an EV.

I'd like to go for a 15K, 1+ deal, and looking around at models 3 going for 48 months appears to keep things more affordable (as much as you can perhaps with a lease).

So going direct from tesla, say with £800 down, comes out at £578 a month.

While it looks like leasing.com are showing a cheaper deal at £550 a month.

Am I mad to even consider leasing a tesla, and especially for 4 years.. And should I be thinking of something different such as the Kona 64kw....

Would appreciate people's thoughts, experiences. Equally if leasing direct from tesla gives any benefits, verses just chasing the best price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Getting to the point where my current lease is coming to an end, and like a lot of the world looking at jumping up an EV.

I'd like to go for a 15K, 1+ deal, and looking around at models 3 going for 48 months appears to keep things more affordable (as much as you can perhaps with a lease).

Am I mad to even consider leasing a tesla, and especially for 4 years.. And should I be thinking of something different such as the Kona 64kw....

Would appreciate people's thoughts, experiences. Equally if leasing direct from tesla gives any benefits, verses just chasing the best price.
It depends what you want from a car and personal finance situation.
There would be an argument that an alternative to Tesla finance for your loan might help if you have car aggravations and need lease co support to sort them.
While Teslas are nice to drive and the supercharger network is a big plus (I have the S) then the rest of Tesla nonsense I'm finding hard to swallow - updates that chop and change functionality, everything always being beta software with no realistic time scales, an essentially cheap car called minimalist with , granted, a decent battery pack and motor and a large screen that grabs the imagination but if out of cell phone range and having to use touch buttons is a right PITA.
Then you have the relative costs, depreciations, and available space for your needs to consider.

I was in a similar boat to you, weighing up the best way forward. In the end, I opted for business lease (via salary sacrifice) as it covers insurance (which can be eye-watering) and also gives me a bigger target should the vehicle have any issues. My lease is over 48months so I'm hoping it goes smoothly, time will tell when it gets delivered in a few months!

I was in a similar boat to you, weighing up the best way forward. In the end, I opted for business lease (via salary sacrifice) as it covers insurance (which can be eye-watering) and also gives me a bigger target should the vehicle have any issues. My lease is over 48months so I'm hoping it goes smoothly, time will tell when it gets delivered in a few months!
I tried to persuade our HR department to consider the same, but after some investigation they were concerned about the risks they inherit especially with regards to when staff leave. We don't currently have company cars, and so they didn't want to be left with a fleet!

A salary sacrifice scheme would have been perfect, but alas - not to be.

Reactions: Mperkins28
I tried to persuade our HR department to consider the same, but after some investigation they were concerned about the risks they inherit especially with regards to when staff leave. We don't currently have company cars, and so they didn't want to be left with a fleet!

As far as I am aware, the vehicles aren't owned by the business, but the leasing company. A lot of business lease hire schemes have certain covers integrated, such as for me, if I get fired, or if I get a better job elsewhere and leave, or if my position gets made redundant, the vehicle is automatically paid off and returned to the lease company. If such a thing happened, the added peace of mind for not having to miss payments would certainly make such an event more tolerable.

Thanks. I just followed this advice and rang tesla yesterday after being given a delivery date of 1.9.21 by knowles. They advised that in inelligble to match until august flag was against my order and to speak to knowles. Knowles advised this would be vw financial services and sooke with them. Email from tesla today saying ive been matched with a car and email from knowles saying i should have a date to collect in June shortly!

Sounds like you have been fobbed off with an answer from someone who can't be bothered looking into it.
The sort of person who says "I hear what you're saying but...."

Thanks. I just followed this advice and rang tesla yesterday after being given a delivery date of 1.9.21 by knowles. They advised that in inelligble to match until august flag was against my order and to speak to knowles. Knowles advised this would be vw financial services and sooke with them. Email from tesla today saying ive been matched with a car and email from knowles saying i should have a date to collect in June shortly!
Juat to add. Text this afternoon from Tesla and the car is being delivered to my home on the 7th June. I initally got a lease quote frim work om the 7th of May and made a request so have to say I'm really impressed with the speed it's all happend.

Just wanted to know if any one that is currently leasing via Tusker that have tinted their windows and did you get permission from them or just added them. I understand that you can remove the tints before returning just wanted to know how fussy they are.
I spoke to tusker and they said it was ok, I then asked them to confirm this with the insurance company they use too, as it needs to be recorded as a change, they have asked but I am still awaiting a reply.

Reactions: OddJob83
I spoke to tusker and they said it was ok, I then asked them to confirm this with the insurance company they use too, as it needs to be recorded as a change, they have asked but I am still awaiting a reply.
Do you mind if i ask who you spoke to in Tusker that approved this. As I have emailed them and they responded by asking the details of the process and details of the Tint supplier and installer. I replied and not hear anything for the last 2 weeks.