Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used Fleet Evolution/GKLuk? The net cost they provided at the time of quoting was £501 for a standard range +, 12k, silver - no insurance, but serving, tyres etc. However, I’ve actually worked it out to be cheaper with student loan savings - I assume I will pay less towards my student loan? Thanks!

Sorry if this is a repeat. But just had the good news.

HMRC have officially accepted the decision of the Court of Appeal concerning VAT on Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Schemes which in summary concludes that there should be no output tax (VAT) on the salary sacrifice deduction paid by the employee.
What does this mean, in layman's terms 😁 Interesting that it was NHS Fleet Solutions who led the charge.

Reactions: jfrancis
Just to pick up on my moans in this thread (and elsewhere), yesterday via chat I finally got a Tesla rep to "rectify" an unspecified problem with our account (we're leasing via the NHS) - and today we finally had a text to confirm that we have been matched to a vehicle! Last week when I asked, we were told that no vehicle had been assigned and that we should just wait for further information. I'm not sure what the problem was in the end (or whether Tesla or the fleet company were at fault), but I shudder to think what might have happened if we'd done nothing...

I'm not sure if it's that Tesla don't like you engaging directly with them if it's a salary sacrifice lease order, or if the resistance comes from the fleet company (who flatly denied last week that we still hadn't been assigned a car, even though they conceded that communication comes firstly to the customer...!), but anyway. I'll just note here that, if you're getting as close to the estimated delivery date as we were, and you still haven't had the text saying you've been assigned a car, my recommendation is to keep (politely) asking Tesla to sort it out.

Also, although the lease company (VW) ballsed-up the supercharger referral, the fleet company (Knowles Fleet) have said that VW "have agreed to pass on a credit for the supercharger miles" (whatever that means). I say this in case anyone has similar problems and don't have any luck with Tesla retrospectively adding the supercharger miles if the fleet/lease company forget to use the code you provided.

Has anyone used Fleet Evolution/GKLuk? The net cost they provided at the time of quoting was £501 for a standard range +, 12k, silver - no insurance, but serving, tyres etc. However, I’ve actually worked it out to be cheaper with student loan savings - I assume I will pay less towards my student loan? Tha

Just to pick up on my moans in this thread (and elsewhere), yesterday via chat I finally got a Tesla rep to "rectify" an unspecified problem with our account (we're leasing via the NHS) - and today we finally had a text to confirm that we have been matched to a vehicle! Last week when I asked, we were told that no vehicle had been assigned and that we should just wait for further information. I'm not sure what the problem was in the end (or whether Tesla or the fleet company were at fault), but I shudder to think what might have happened if we'd done nothing...

I'm not sure if it's that Tesla don't like you engaging directly with them if it's a salary sacrifice lease order, or if the resistance comes from the fleet company (who flatly denied last week that we still hadn't been assigned a car, even though they conceded that communication comes firstly to the customer...!), but anyway. I'll just note here that, if you're getting as close to the estimated delivery date as we were, and you still haven't had the text saying you've been assigned a car, my recommendation is to keep (politely) asking Tesla to sort it out.

Also, although the lease company (VW) ballsed-up the supercharger referral, the fleet company (Knowles Fleet) have said that VW "have agreed to pass on a credit for the supercharger miles" (whatever that means). I say this in case anyone has similar problems and don't have any luck with Tesla retrospectively adding the supercharger miles if the fleet/lease company forget to use the code you provided.
I had a similar experience with the lease company, VW. You can always expect an issue if there are too many people involved in an order. You got NHSFleet that has little input after the order has been placed and the lease company that never feels rushed to process your order (In my case thought I didn't want my car for at least another 3 months) and Tesla themselves who do not really let you know at what stage you are at. I am just glad I got a date and time confirmed with my VIN and numer plate ready. I just hope you get your car this month too. All I would say is, go to the Tesla Chat online with your RN and find out what stage you are really at. This was the only way I was able to know where the car was and got some progress over the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: PaulMD and Matt1108
I had a similar experience with the lease company, VW. You can always expect an issue if there are too many people involved in an order. You got NHSFleet that has little input after the order has been placed and the lease company that never feels rushed to process your order (In my case thought I didn't want my car for at least another 3 months) and Tesla themselves who do not really let you know at what stage you are at. I am just glad I got a date and time confirmed with my VIN and numer plate ready. I just hope you get your car this month too. All I would say is, go to the Tesla Chat online with your RN and find out what stage you are really at. This was the only way I was able to know where the car was and got some progress over the last 2 weeks.
Yeah, if we haven't had the delivery text today I'll ask the good lady doctor to phone or online chat tomorrow. Good to hear your persistence has paid off!

I'll give that a go now - thanks for the info! Happy to hear you've got a resolution. On another note, my insurance quotes have increased 50% overnight - not sure what's happened there! Did you get insurance through your lease company or have you sourced this yourself?

Yeah, if we haven't had the delivery text today I'll ask the good lady doctor to phone or online chat tomorrow. Good to hear your persistence has paid off!
She has just had the text. I repeat, she has just had the text! Friday 25th at Cribbs Causeway - it's like they read our minds, it's the perfect date/time.

I am, as the footballers used to say, over the moon, Brian.

I'll give that a go now - thanks for the info! Happy to hear you've got a resolution. On another note, my insurance quotes have increased 50% overnight - not sure what's happened there! Did you get insurance through your lease company or have you sourced this yourself?
The lease through NHS included the insurance for my wife and myself (Main driver, but she is the employee) Strange thing for it to go up that much so quickly. I am sure there is a thread for insurance and where to look at it. You might want to check different start dates to see if it makes a difference. Good luck!

Reactions: Matt1108
Anyone had any experience of Lex Autolease deliveries? Mine is due to be delivered on Tuesday but don't know how reliable they are?

Also, I managed to get one off the inventory from Bristol, is this where the car was kept or just the showroom it was assigned to?

Thanks in advance :)

First post, but have been reading for weeks!!

Anyone had any experience of Lex Autolease deliveries? Mine is due to be delivered on Tuesday but don't know how reliable they are?

Also, I managed to get one off the inventory from Bristol, is this where the car was kept or just the showroom it was assigned to?

Thanks in advance :)

First post, but have been reading for weeks!!
I think Bristol is where the majority go for wider distribution after arriving at Southampton. I live in Manchester and was offered collection from either Trafford Centre (South Manchester) about 2 miles from where I live, or Bristol.

This is a similar deal to ours.

These scary low figures quoted are often on the NHS scheme where the value of the salary sacrifice reduces your pension contributions, it’s shown as an additional saving on the car cost but it can be a big hit to your overall financial situation.

Tusker doesn’t work that way, the monthly cost with them has no effect on the rest of your earnings and your pension is still paid on the pre sacrifice value.

The way I look at it is that it’s 20% cheaper than a personal lease monthly cost but includes maintenance, tyres, insurance and all the protections.

interestingly they handle early termination well too unlike a personal lease so if the residuals stay strong should be no issue changing mid term
Hi there just looking at Tusker and wondered if you could help. Is the amount quoted here the nett impact on take home pay or the gross sacrifice amount?

Hi all,

Just thought I would pop in an update as my 2 year lease is up next month and its been a bit of an interesting process for the next steps and may help someone else.

I originally had a text from Lease Plan (The funder, Drive Electric are the broker) on the 1st April telling me that the broker will be in touch soon with options. Sure enough, a few days later I had an email from Drive Electric, because of COVID i haven't used the car that much over the last year so I requested a quote for extending it for 6 and 12 months.

I had a reply from DE saying they have requested the quotes from lease plan, few days later came back to say that LP had rejected my request because I had less than 6 month left on my lease. I thought this was a bit odd so I gave them a call, they explained I needed 6 months left to request an extension but not to worry and just keep the car beyond the contract end date for it to continue on a rolling monthly basis. The only issue with this is that lease plan have the right to give 7 days notice that they want the car back.

I had a think about it for a few days and had a look around at the current lease prices and decided there is no point in changing, I'd only done 16k miles. I contacted lease plan through their web chat and by the end of it they had emailed drive electric for me, a few days later I had two quotes for 6 and 12 month extensions.

I have now signed the 12 month extension which has also saved me £47 per month and I dont have to worry about lease plan giving 7 days notice.

For those that interested I have 24 month agreement @ £470 per month, 12k miles a year. New one is now £423 per month with 12k miles.

Hi all,

Just thought I would pop in an update as my 2 year lease is up next month and its been a bit of an interesting process for the next steps and may help someone else.

I originally had a text from Lease Plan (The funder, Drive Electric are the broker) on the 1st April telling me that the broker will be in touch soon with options. Sure enough, a few days later I had an email from Drive Electric, because of COVID i haven't used the car that much over the last year so I requested a quote for extending it for 6 and 12 months.

I had a reply from DE saying they have requested the quotes from lease plan, few days later came back to say that LP had rejected my request because I had less than 6 month left on my lease. I thought this was a bit odd so I gave them a call, they explained I needed 6 months left to request an extension but not to worry and just keep the car beyond the contract end date for it to continue on a rolling monthly basis. The only issue with this is that lease plan have the right to give 7 days notice that they want the car back.

I had a think about it for a few days and had a look around at the current lease prices and decided there is no point in changing, I'd only done 16k miles. I contacted lease plan through their web chat and by the end of it they had emailed drive electric for me, a few days later I had two quotes for 6 and 12 month extensions.

I have now signed the 12 month extension which has also saved me £47 per month and I dont have to worry about lease plan giving 7 days notice.

For those that interested I have 24 month agreement @ £470 per month, 12k miles a year. New one is now £423 per month with 12k miles.
That's a great deal!