Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, in the absence of a Model Y UK leasing thread, I thought I’d post here, hope this is ok!

I am currently just under 2 years into a 4 year PCP with BMW finance on an X3 and am in positive equity due to high prices in the 2nd hand car market and my BMW dealer wanting to buy the car from me as they can’t get new cars.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I am considering swapping out to a Model Y LR lease. I’ve had quotes from Riverdale and Vanarama with the Vanarama quote being approx £10 per month more but including 1 years insurance and a charger.

Has anyone had experience leasing a Tesla with these two companies and is happy to comment on their experience? Also, any other leasing companies who I should consider?

Thank you.
I ordered my leased MYLR(white/black/gemini) through Vanarama (they used Lex Autolease) a few weeks back and I can’t fault the service. The communication has been great. The free insurance has been arranged and I have submitted all the info asked from the company that will install the free home charger (I did ask for the tethered version, which will cost me £75, which I think is fair considering the price of some EV cables).

Vanarama said it will be June/July for delivery but I’m hoping its sooner! Has anyone else order this month from Vanarama and had the delivery brought forward?

Reactions: Markee68
I ordered my leased MYLR(white/black/gemini) through Vanarama (they used Lex Autolease) a few weeks back and I can’t fault the service. The communication has been great. The free insurance has been arranged and I have submitted all the info asked from the company that will install the free home charger (I did ask for the tethered version, which will cost me £75, which I think is fair considering the price of some EV cables).

Vanarama said it will be June/July for delivery but I’m hoping its sooner! Has anyone else order this month from Vanarama and had the delivery brought forward?

Thank you, I didn’t order through Vanarama in the end. They were slightly more expensive than the others and I can’t get the free insurance as they insist on 3 years no claims. I’ve only got 2 years with my own car, but back to 2014 in a company car, but they wouldn't accept the letter from the HR manager saying I’d had 6 years claims free. Ah well, I guess they have to limit the amount of 12 months free insurance they “give away” somehow!

I went with Swansway in the end, funder is Lex, but my brother used them for his VW Up! electric lease and had great service, so far so good!

Anyone waiting for a Y, I was told that Tesla had ramped up production to meet demand to bring the lead times down. How true this is I don’t know, proof will be in the pudding. Mine is also going to be a MYLR white/black/geminI.

Hi all,
About to press the button to order MY through Tuskers using my work salary sacrifice scheme.
Works out to be about £520 ish a month net.
Just wondered is there anything I should be aware of before I jump on this ?
Never had an EV car currently driving an 8 year old car 😳
Hi, 520 seems to be a pretty good deal on salary sacrifice. May I know which model, number of years and what’s the mileage ?

Hi, 520 seems to be a pretty good deal on salary sacrifice. May I know which model, number of years and what’s the mileage ?
Its with Tuskers. Model Y. White. 19'' wheels. 4 years, 7500 a year.
So essentially the cheapest options 😆

I think its about £860 gross. So after tax savings etc and depend if high / low tax bracket is about £520 - £590 a month. Dunno if that is good to be honest. Still thinking about it .....

I think its about £860 gross. So after tax savings etc and depend if high / low tax bracket is about £520 - £590 a month. Dunno if that is good to be honest. Still thinking about it .....
It's normal to good if it includes insurance, servicing/tyres and a home charger.

It's normal to good if it includes insurance, servicing/tyres and a home charger.

I've got my MY (same as above except Black) from Tuskers as well, slightly more due to black and I suspect insurance. Does include insurance and maintenance but went for my own home charger (had a zappi installed). Got mine a couple of weeks ago, one of the shortest distances the delivery driver had to do given I live in Southampton ;)

I've got my MY (same as above except Black) from Tuskers as well, slightly more due to black and I suspect insurance. Does include insurance and maintenance but went for my own home charger (had a zappi installed). Got mine a couple of weeks ago, one of the shortest distances the delivery driver had to do given I live in Southampton ;)
ah, any issues with Tuskers ? As this will be my first ever lease.

I have always bought cars outright with cash.... but my cars have never ever cost this much before ! 😁

ah, any issues with Tuskers ? As this will be my first ever lease.

I have always bought cars outright with cash.... but my cars have never ever cost this much before ! 😁
My first lease car as well. No issues with Tuskers but minor one with DVLA - I wanted to put my private plate on it, contacted Tuskers, they processed it and sent me the eV948 so I could get the plates made and put on the car (you have a 3 day window to do this) but Halfords said they could only make plates with the green EV mark on if they had the V5 saying its an ev - stupidly the eV948 from the DVLA doesn't actually have that information so I had to settle for blank plates

Do you guys instantly get billed for supercharging?

Charged maybe 10 times, put 3 different cards over that period because it sometimes puts an error that I need to update my card details yet still no bill.

Once I update with a new card no previous payment is taken so I’ve just been recycling through choosing the default card on my account which gets rid of the error message.

That’s not normal right?

Hello everyone, first post and looking to order an M3P or LR via NHS fleet in the next couple of days.

I was told by fleet initially that Tesla ordering was all over the place and they dissuaded me from my first choice, ended up ordering an e-tron GT in August of last year only to find out 2 weeks ago that my order has not been put through (despite weekly assurances that my order was being processed).

Having spent a few days lurking on this thread it seems it's common for leasing companies to screw things up completely. I have managed to convince them to accept my own RN as I have zero trust to start the process over again via the leasing company. I have a few questions I was hoping you could all help me with:

1. For those who have ordered on the website and passed on their RN to a leasing company what option did you pick? Personal or business? does it matter?
2. Does the 200 quid deposit get refunded to your account via Tesla on delivery or does one chase that up with the leasing company?
3. Finally, I was told by a friend with an M3P that Tesla are prioritising the M3P, is this true as both M3P and LR seem to have August Delivery dates on the site.

Any further advice on my ordering journey would be much appreciated, especially from folk who have ordered through fleet as 'm trying to recover from this nightmare soon , thank you all in advance for all your help .

Hello everyone, first post and looking to order an M3P or LR via NHS fleet in the next couple of days.

I was told by fleet initially that Tesla ordering was all over the place and they dissuaded me from my first choice, ended up ordering an e-tron GT in August of last year only to find out 2 weeks ago that my order has not been put through (despite weekly assurances that my order was being processed).

Having spent a few days lurking on this thread it seems it's common for leasing companies to screw things up completely. I have managed to convince them to accept my own RN as I have zero trust to start the process over again via the leasing company. I have a few questions I was hoping you could all help me with:

1. For those who have ordered on the website and passed on their RN to a leasing company what option did you pick? Personal or business? does it matter?
2. Does the 200 quid deposit get refunded to your account via Tesla on delivery or does one chase that up with the leasing company?
3. Finally, I was told by a friend with an M3P that Tesla are prioritising the M3P, is this true as both M3P and LR seem to have August Delivery dates on the site.

Any further advice on my ordering journey would be much appreciated, especially from folk who have ordered through fleet as 'm trying to recover from this nightmare soon , thank you all in advance for all your help .
1) I simply ordered as if paying in full on delivery - lease options weren't available on Model Y when I placed my order.
2) The deposit was refunded when the lease company took over the order (few weeks after I placed it iirc as it took a bit of time for everything to go through between lease company and employer)
3) Who knows

Currently awaiting a Y on lease. It's being delivered, which is a shame, I wanted the fun of the collection, but oh well.

Really hoping it doesn't get delayed as I've sold my current car and bought a really old cheap car for the time being lol. Still says MAY 2022 on Tesla website for delivery and has done for a very long time, so surely won't be delayed now

Currently awaiting a Y on lease. It's being delivered, which is a shame, I wanted the fun of the collection, but oh well.

Really hoping it doesn't get delayed as I've sold my current car and bought a really old cheap car for the time being lol. Still says MAY 2022 on Tesla website for delivery and has done for a very long time, so surely won't be delayed now
How has the process been for you so far?

I‘ve ordered a Y on a lease, had a text from Tesla with an RN but nothing else and it seems you can’t do anything with it. How far along are you? Have you had any estimated dates yet?

How has the process been for you so far?

I‘ve ordered a Y on a lease, had a text from Tesla with an RN but nothing else and it seems you can’t do anything with it. How far along are you? Have you had any estimated dates yet?
They were taking ages to approve the finance and wanted more information as it was a business lease, so in the meantime I reserved one for £100 in fear of missing out on the may batch. The lease company said they could take it over

There was a load of options on my Tesla account such as delivery location, method of payment etc all of which I left

Delivery date was 09 May to May 24 then the lease company (Drive electric, Lex Autolease the financier) finally took it over and the car disappeared from my Tesla account so I can't even check the delivery date anymore

Judging from others posts here the date remains approximately the same. But yeah I'm now in the camp of just sit and wait and hope it turns up. According to the lease company I should receive a text off Tesla eventually with a delivery/arrival date (I think they are collecting it and delivering it to me)

Reactions: Markee68