Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) I simply ordered as if paying in full on delivery - lease options weren't available on Model Y when I placed my order.
2) The deposit was refunded when the lease company took over the order (few weeks after I placed it iirc as it took a bit of time for everything to go through between lease company and employer)
3) Who knows
Thanks Kithran, did you loose all form of updates once they took over your lease and has the process been smooth since then, that is has it been up to Tesla to deliver? Sorry for all the questions, I've tried doing this passively once and 8 months later I'm starting over so plan to be a bit more proactive this time if required.

Thanks Kithran, did you loose all form of updates once they took over your lease and has the process been smooth since then, that is has it been up to Tesla to deliver? Sorry for all the questions, I've tried doing this passively once and 8 months later I'm starting over so plan to be a bit more proactive this time if required.
Basically had a couple of updates from Tuskers, couple of texts from Tesla right around the point of delivery. Only had minor issue but that was due to my company's rules on when people can make changes to their salary (basically only up to a certain day in the month to allow time for the change to be processed which means you can't have a delivery of your car after that date)

Morning,
Those who have a business / salary sacrifice lease.... in particular with Tuskers.

How do they take the money as I just spoken to them and even they sounded quite confused. I thought they take the gross amount before tax. And then your employer does all the tax / BIK calculations afterwards.

As main reason for asking is Tusker said they take the net amount after I'm paid, surely that isn't the point of a salary sacrifice scheme ???

I gave the example if I'm on £40k now and a year later I get a pay rise and I'm on £60k so the higher tax bracket surely the net amount is different.

Morning,
Those who have a business / salary sacrifice lease.... in particular with Tuskers.

How do they take the money as I just spoken to them and even they sounded quite confused. I thought they take the gross amount before tax. And then your employer does all the tax / BIK calculations afterwards.

As main reason for asking is Tusker said they take the net amount after I'm paid, surely that isn't the point of a salary sacrifice scheme ???

I gave the example if I'm on £40k now and a year later I get a pay rise and I'm on £60k so the higher tax bracket surely the net amount is different.
As far as I am aware, they take the monthly payment out of your gross salary, then your employer calculates tax and NI on what’s left. So say if your monthly salary was £2000 and your car lease was £500, they would take the £500 out and calculate tax and NI on £1500. You effectively get the salary sacrifice tax free. The cycle to work scheme works like this too, as do pension contributions.

They will have to be paid the money by your employer and not you, as it will be shown as a gross deduction on your payslip, you never see the money as it’s taken directly out of your gross salary by your employer. Hope this makes sense as I’m (clearly) not an accountants!

Reactions: MrT3
Yes, your employer takes the money from your gross salary and gives it to Tuskers - your tax and NI is then calculated on the remaining salary and deducted to give you your net salary. If you start earning into a higher tax bracket then you benefit more.

Reactions: Markee68
Just quick question for those on lease, is my car meant to show up in the tesla.com website dashboard when I sign in? It doesn't, I just get the "reserve a car" and "purchased from a 3rd party?" icons. It appears in the app on my phone and works fine through that.

Just quick question for those on lease, is my car meant to show up in the tesla.com website dashboard when I sign in? It doesn't, I just get the "reserve a car" and "purchased from a 3rd party?" icons. It appears in the app on my phone and works fine through that.
I have exactly the same (except mine isn’t even in my Tesla account). When you order direct from Tesla it goes straight into your account / app when you order. When you lease a third party orders from Tesla so the order isn’t added to you Tesla account as you haven’t ordered.

I have seen a comment or two where people have said asked the leasing company to add the order to your Tesla account, but don’t know if all lea

Interesting. So that gives permanent connection?

Not a bad fix, although I would still miss the satellite maps.
They would still work I believe?

Yeah it gives off a WiFi signal you connect your car and other devices too and it connects via 4G

Worked seemlessly for me

Get a good quality 4g dongle though, some of the cheaper 10 quid ones just don't work