Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all. I was looking at a previous question on the forum but couldn't find any so I hope I'm not duplicating.

I ordered an M3 RWD with Octopus EV, and today I just got an SMS from Tesla saying my order has been received, with my order reference and that I should go to the Tesla website => company-car-drivers.

I went ahead and created a Tesla account with the same email used for my order with Octopus EV.
Is there anything else I should do in my Tesla account so I can see the EDD somewhere? Am I supposed to use my order reference (RN) somewhere to keep track of things?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all. Am sure this has been discussed previously but don't fancy trawling through 166 pages...

What's the deal with paying for Supercharging and/or premium connectivity with a leased vehicle? I've seen people discussing this a few times. Naturally, I wanted a Tesla for the 'seamless' user experience but all this talk about difficulties with lease cars is making me nervous :confused:

Morning all. I was looking at a previous question on the forum but couldn't find any so I hope I'm not duplicating.

I ordered an M3 RWD with Octopus EV, and today I just got an SMS from Tesla saying my order has been received, with my order reference and that I should go to the Tesla website => company-car-drivers.

I went ahead and created a Tesla account with the same email used for my order with Octopus EV.
Is there anything else I should do in my Tesla account so I can see the EDD somewhere? Am I supposed to use my order reference (RN) somewhere to keep track of things?

Thanks in advance!
All I did is create the Tesla account and use the Octopus link for the EDD. My assumptions is that I can add the car to my account once the VIN is proved. I emailed Octopus who gave me the RN number while confirming they do not have the VIN.

Reactions: ScottishDev
All I did is create the Tesla account and use the Octopus link for the EDD. My assumptions is that I can add the car to my account once the VIN is proved. I emailed Octopus who gave me the RN number while confirming they do not have the VIN.
This is quite interesting because in my case Octopus link won't work. What they told me is that my company is registered in a previous "Scheme" that Octopus uses, so the Octopus link won't work, and they will update me from time to time.

This is quite interesting because in my case Octopus link won't work. What they told me is that my company is registered in a previous "Scheme" that Octopus uses, so the Octopus link won't work, and they will update me from time to time.
This is what I see on the link:

1652108968752.png

I have found that they are quick to reply to emails.

This is what I see on the link:

View attachment 802142

I have found that they are quick to reply to emails.
Nice one.
For me the initial experience was awful. The first person we talked to took almost 1 month to give us lots of wrong info, ditched booked calls, and replied to emails days after. It was just when we complained to Octopus and asked to have a new contact person (or salesperson), that we, in fact, we're able to move on with the process and after 3 weeks we have an order placed and confirmed.
So when I think that I could have ordered the car 1 month ago and didn't because of that guy, I just feel like :mad::mad:

Nice one.
For me the initial experience was awful. The first person we talked to took almost 1 month to give us lots of wrong info, ditched booked calls, and replied to emails days after. It was just when we complained to Octopus and asked to have a new contact person (or salesperson), that we, in fact, we're able to move on with the process and after 3 weeks we have an order placed and confirmed.
So when I think that I could have ordered the car 1 month ago and didn't because of that guy, I just feel like :mad::mad:
Ouch.

That sounds terrible! I go the order confirmed within 48 hours of making the decision so my experience has been quite positive...

Hi all. Am sure this has been discussed previously but don't fancy trawling through 166 pages...

What's the deal with paying for Supercharging and/or premium connectivity with a leased vehicle? I've seen people discussing this a few times. Naturally, I wanted a Tesla for the 'seamless' user experience but all this talk about difficulties with lease cars is making me nervous :confused:
I don't know much, but from what I understand you cannot change the spec of the car, so you cannot add on FSD post-purchase as this changes the spec of the car.

I can't imagine supercharging or adding on premium connectivity (which really only adds LTE to receive updates and traffic) would change the spec of the car as this is a personal subscription.

I ordered my leased MYLR(white/black/gemini) through Vanarama (they used Lex Autolease) a few weeks back and I can’t fault the service. The communication has been great. The free insurance has been arranged and I have submitted all the info asked from the company that will install the free home charger (I did ask for the tethered version, which will cost me £75, which I think is fair considering the price of some EV cables).

Vanarama said it will be June/July for delivery but I’m hoping its sooner! Has anyone else order this month from Vanarama and had the delivery brought forward?
Was the free insurance a deal they were running? I can’t see anything on the quote page that mentions insurance?

Collection Help

Hi all, fairly new to leasing, etc. Bit of backstory.

The company I work for are leasing a Tesla for me through ALD (Tesla Business Contract Hire).

The owner and registered keeper of the vehicle will be ALD, obviously, 'The Lessor'.

'The Lessee' being the company I work for who are maintaining the payments.

My managing director has set up the direct debits and paid the advanced payment, etc, using the company debit card. Collection scheduled for the 30th June.

However, given my name isn't really on anything except the Tesla order, I'm worried that they'll turn me away when I go to collect. Does anyone know what I need to take with me in terms of proof of purchase, etc? Presume proof of motor insurance and driving licence, anything else? Tesla aren't necessarily being forthcoming with info, ALD couldn't give me the answers either.

Anyone with experience of leasing through business contract hire/ALD around that are able to help??

Cheers! :)

Collection Help

Hi all, fairly new to leasing, etc. Bit of backstory.

The company I work for are leasing a Tesla for me through ALD (Tesla Business Contract Hire).

The owner and registered keeper of the vehicle will be ALD, obviously, 'The Lessor'.

'The Lessee' being the company I work for who are maintaining the payments.

My managing director has set up the direct debits and paid the advanced payment, etc, using the company debit card. Collection scheduled for the 30th June.

However, given my name isn't really on anything except the Tesla order, I'm worried that they'll turn me away when I go to collect. Does anyone know what I need to take with me in terms of proof of purchase, etc? Presume proof of motor insurance and driving licence, anything else? Tesla aren't necessarily being forthcoming with info, ALD couldn't give me the answers either.

Anyone with experience of leasing through business contract hire/ALD around that are able to help??

Cheers! :)
I think leased cars are usually delivered on a transporter/flatbed rather than being collected?

Others may chip in with ALD experience.

I think leased cars are usually delivered on a transporter/flatbed rather than being collected?

Others may chip in with ALD experience.
My model 3 is Co car is provided by a leasing Co.
Collection at Trafford Park was as easy as an easy thing.
Plenty of texts from Tesla informing me of the status beforehand.
No option for the performance pack upgrade and charging data removed from the app ( god knows why?)