Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just placed an order through Carparison for a white LR, 3-year lease (no insurance or servicing), 15,000miles p.a.

They are pre-reg vehicles (31/3/21), but I couldn't care less as I'm never going to own the vehicle anyway. £554.49+VAT per month seems a pretty good deal (1 month up front, so 1+35), especially as I will be salary sacrificing it through my employer.

They obviously took a punt on quite a lot of vehicles last month, judging by this video!
Carparison are just a broker. I’m guessing that’s probably a Tesla compound somewhere

Carparison are just a broker. I’m guessing that’s probably a Tesla compound somewhere
I thought that at first, but when I looked at the location I need to collect the car from on Google, there appears to be rather a lot of cars parked there!

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 14.28.28.png

Long-time, er, listener; first-time caller.

After almost eight years with a couple of Leafs (one of which, we're keeping), it looks like we're about to lease a Tesla M3!

Changes in my wife's employment threw up the possibility of getting a Tesla on salary sacrifice - through the NHS, who use Knowles Fleet. We've never used salary sacrifice or had a company car before so are absolutely feeling our way into this, but started the ball rolling a month ago (before dastardly government shenanigans, obviously) and were quoted c.£500 (gross; approx. half that in terms of reduction in net pay) for a white LR (including insurance) for 3 years. The lease company seem good so far (they assured me they used the referral code I supplied) and I've even heard from Tesla Bristol, as I had been looking for a test drive earlier in the year (which Covid prevented). I'm hopeful, because it was 'in the system', that the 'price' will be as promised - just wondering if anyone knows for sure, or have gone down an equivalent route in recent weeks...?

Anyway, yesterday we heard that it's all been signed-off by my wife's employer and has gone back to the lease company, so I thought it was about time I posted something here. Goes without saying, I am ridiculously excited, and we haven't even been allocated a car yet.

Reactions: Obliter8 and Jez_GB
I've just placed an order through Carparison for a white LR, 3-year lease (no insurance or servicing), 15,000miles p.a.

They are pre-reg vehicles (31/3/21), but I couldn't care less as I'm never going to own the vehicle anyway. £554.49+VAT per month seems a pretty good deal (1 month up front, so 1+35), especially as I will be salary sacrificing it through my employer.

They obviously took a punt on quite a lot of vehicles last month, judging by this video!
They‘re the cheapest I’ve seen since the government grant removal. Maybe they were all purchased before that hence the deals? Not sure.

If leasing can’t see the issue with pre registered.

if these deals are still around nearer the end of the year, that’s where I’ll be heading.

thanks for the info

Reactions: shrimpergarry

Not sure what difference it makes they are pre-reg.

If you leased a brand new one today, it'd still be a 21 plate, just like the pre-reg.

Not sure what difference it makes they are pre-reg.

If you leased a brand new one today, it'd still be a 21 plate, just like the pre-reg.
That's what I figured too - my guess is they bought a load including the Govt. grant which is why they're way cheaper than any other leasing deal out there at the moment. Pre-reg are considered not so good if you're buying a car as effectively you're the second owner. However for a lease car - who cares!

Moderator comment - post moved from Model 3 forum to UK and Ireland Model 3 Leasing thread

Just wondering if anyone has a model 3 on a lease and has managed to purchase the performance upgrade ? I’ve had my model 3 long range for 2 weeks now. It immense, but i had it in my head before getting it that I’d add the power upgrade via the app, but I have no upgrade tab on my app.

I understand it’s a lease car and I’d be modifying it, but it a Tesla upgrade .... I’m not looking at options to do anything aftermarket as such...

Anyone done it ? Thanks 💪

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn’t look like many if any lease companies have passed on the reduced price of the M3. Whether this is temporary I’m not sure. However they certain increased the costs quickly when they went up.
I was thinking the exact same thing. However looking at prices over the last 12 months it appears its back to a historical norm following a dip in February/March.

Reactions: Mperkins28
My delivery date is now fixed for Friday 30th April and I'm super excited!

Although I got it through Carparison (deal outlined above) the actual agreement and financing is through ALD Automotive Ltd.

Any idea when the app. will show my car on it? I'm assuming the lease company has to activate it. I've been asked for my e-mail address but nothing else.

My delivery date is now fixed for Friday 30th April and I'm super excited!

Although I got it through Carparison (deal outlined above) the actual agreement and financing is through ALD Automotive Ltd.

Any idea when the app. will show my car on it? I'm assuming the lease company has to activate it. I've been asked for my e-mail address but nothing else.
The app won’t show your car until it is delivered/collected

Hi everyone! Seriously considering a Tesla 3 Performance as I have handed back my previous PCP car.

my main concern is that I am looking to use Tusker salary sacrifice to get into one. Cost is coming in quite painful at £704 including white seats for 10k miles pa. Even the AWD LR comes in at £620.

How does it work with respect to getting access to the car iPhone app (as I am not the owner, Tusker are) and will I be able to subscribe to the various facilities (internet, autopilot - when it arrives, etc)?

Hi everyone! Seriously considering a Tesla 3 Performance as I have handed back my previous PCP car.

my main concern is that I am looking to use Tusker salary sacrifice to get into one. Cost is coming in quite painful at £704 including white seats for 10k miles pa. Even the AWD LR comes in at £620.

How does it work with respect to getting access to the car iPhone app (as I am not the owner, Tusker are) and will I be able to subscribe to the various facilities (internet, autopilot - when it arrives, etc)?
Welcome :)

You'll have access to the phone app but you won't be able to purchase any upgrades through the app, e.g. Acceleration Boost for Long Range or Full Self Driving for either the LR or Performance. Acceleration Boost can't be bought at the time of order so I'm not sure how that can be included in the lease price unless you come to some sort of agreement with them post delivery. FSD can be added at the time of order so can be included in the lease cost.

The app becomes active a few hours after you take delivery of your car.

The Premium Connectivity is included for 1 year with both the Performance and LR. Lease users have found that this continues indefinitely as Tesla don't seem to have a facility to bill back the lease companies for this yet. Autopilot comes as standard on all models (this is lane keeping and traffic assisted cruise control).

When placing your order, if you don't already have one make sure you obtain a Tesla Referral code to get your 1000 free super charging miles, you just need to provide an order link to your lease company. You'll find that users on this forum display them on their profile page.

Good luck with the purchase, it's a great car!

Welcome :)

You'll have access to the phone app but you won't be able to purchase any upgrades through the app, e.g. Acceleration Boost for Long Range or Full Self Driving for either the LR or Performance. Acceleration Boost can't be bought at the time of order so I'm not sure how that can be included in the lease price unless you come to some sort of agreement with them post delivery. FSD can be added at the time of order so can be included in the lease cost.

The app becomes active a few hours after you take delivery of your car.

The Premium Connectivity is included for 1 year with both the Performance and LR. Lease users have found that this continues indefinitely as Tesla don't seem to have a facility to bill back the lease companies for this yet. Autopilot comes as standard on all models (this is lane keeping and traffic assisted cruise control).

When placing your order, if you don't already have one make sure you obtain a Tesla Referral code to get your 1000 free super charging miles, you just need to provide an order link to your lease company. You'll find that users on this forum display them on their profile page.

Good luck with the purchase, it's a great car!
Argh! That’s a bit rubbish that I’d be unable to install any upgrades - that’s one of the most impressive bits that I was interested in!

Tusker have 3 options for the M3:
- SR+
- LR AWD
- AWD Performance

I can only assume that it is therefore set in stone from factory/order and not expecting any updates to be performed to bring the performance options up to standard.

if I received a referral code, how would I activate it? Tusker automatically book the order themselves through their business portal once I’ve submitted it on their website.