Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How easy is it to order direct and then have a leasing company of your choice take over the order? Are there any downsides besides paying the £2,000 up front (which I presume gets refunded after collection?)
For me there was no benefit to going through Tesla. The deal was better through a broker, I didn't have to pay £2k upfront (so far have paid £0, and the first payment is only 1 month upfront).

It took 1 day for my order to go through to Tesla after I signed the documents as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I have heard back from my broker. Exciting news!

Tesla confirmed I have been allocated a car and it's on the Grand Dahlia.

Once the ship arrives in Zeebrugge they will confirm accurate VIN numbers, and provide a 7 day delivery window before the cars make their way over to the UK.

So, for anyone on lease who was temporarily allocated a VIN the other day, I would say your car is on the Grand Dahlia.

It's Tesla, so take with a pinch of salt but my broker pushed them a bit to get them to confirm i'd been allocated.

In theory it's possible for the cars to be delivered before end of October dependining on transfer times, and delivery locations.

Once the ship arrives in Zeebrugge they will confirm accurate VIN numbers, and provide a 7 day delivery window before the cars make their way over to the UK.

So, for anyone on lease who was temporarily allocated a VIN the other day, I would say your car is on the Grand Dahlia.

It's Tesla, so take with a pinch of salt but my broker pushed them a bit to get them to confirm i'd been allocated.

In theory it's possible for the cars to be delivered before end of October dependining on transfer times, and delivery locations.
Good news! I'm still waiting to hear back from my lease company...they're not as attentive as yours sounds.

I was very impressed by 1st Choice so far when leasing the Tesla - super efficient and attentive. They rang me several times during this wait to update me with the progress, never had to chase them at all. Would reccomend! Speak to Matt if you need a lease, he's great.

Now I just need the car...

That seems like good news but as usual it's tesla so don't get too excited until you have the key card!
I've sold my car a month ago so I've been hiring a car from reading. From next Friday though I'm changing the car and I'm hiring one from a company near Heathrow for 2 weeks so until the 7/8 of november. Hopefully I can collect the tesla before then which means I drop the car off, then a short taxi (or a healthier 30min walk) to tesla in WD for collection!
Planned it all

Did they say whether or not the delivery contact would come direct to you or via the broker?

I’ve just had an update from my broker to say my car is due at Heathrow on the 6th November. Which, I guess, would put it on Grand Pioneer.

I’m not going to hold my breath...
The Grand Pioneer is due in at Zeebrugge on the 2nd November. 4 days from ship arrival in Belgium to delivery in the UK sounds tight.

When did you order? Yours could be on the Grand Dahlia rather than the Pioneer.

Mine was almost instant ( within a day ) .Do you have a reference number ? (RNxxxxxxxxx). That’s usually an indication of an order and , without one, I would perhaps chase your leasing company and ask them what is happening.

No, nothing at all. It's a company car so I'm an extra level removed. We work through a broker, who works with the leasing companies who work with Tesla.
I'll get on to them and ask.

The Grand Pioneer is due in at Zeebrugge on the 2nd November. 4 days from ship arrival in Belgium to delivery in the UK sounds tight.

When did you order? Yours could be on the Grand Dahlia rather than the Pioneer.

September 9th or so. I’m not convinced they actually know and maybe calculating it on next shipments and working back through their previous orders. As we well know, that has little to do with things with this company :)

Question - if I am leasing my M3P for the next 3yrs - can I fit an Abstract Ocean screen protector and centre console vinyl wrap? How easy are they to remove before it goes back? Was also considering the Jeda USB hub & wireless charger? Is it easy to remove them and revert back to stock after the lease is up?