Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great. That’s just priced me out. Here’s hoping that the price drops when the model Y pricing is announced.
Not to be the bearer of bad news but if a £500 difference in list price makes it unaffordable then I think you're looking at entirely the wrong price bracket for you?? It's a terrible idea to lease/finance a car that literally puts you on the edge of your affordability...!

Reactions: Durzel
Not to be the bearer of bad news but if a £500 difference in list price makes it unaffordable then I think you're looking at entirely the wrong price bracket for you?? It's a terrible idea to lease/finance a car that literally puts you on the edge of your affordability...!
It’s not that I can’t afford it, it’s the fact that my employer would deem it too much in terms of my salary, so I would likely be denied the lease. i know that I can afford it, otherwise I wouldn’t even contemplate getting one.

It’s not that I can’t afford it, it’s the fact that my employer would deem it too much in terms of my salary, so I would likely be denied the lease. i know that I can afford it, otherwise I wouldn’t even contemplate getting one.
I had this with my employer (because they only get 22,000 p/annum leases) it made even the SR+ unaffordable under the normal rules. I petitioned the Head of Fleet and they allowed me to contribute to make up the Lease payment over my car lease allowance. Always worth asking the question, if you can appeal to their "it'll look good on our green credentials" side.

Those with Leaseplan, do you get access to your car and supercharging aspects for credit card in the web site account? I picked mine up yesterday and have access to my car in the app but nothing shows in the web site account page. I have used superchargers several times and can see the amount I have been charged each time in the car but obviously I can't input a card anywhere. Thanks.

In case this helps anyone waiting for their car, and coming by delivery, I had an email on Monday to let me know it would arrive on Thursday. That was from FleetXP.

I also received a text from Tesla today to give me 48-hours notice of its arrival, and to advise me that I’d receive a two-hour delivery window on Wednesday.

I’ll confirm tomorrow when the delivery time arrives, and when it does, to aid anyone trying to piece together what is going on.

Those of you leasing - how are costs vs pcp and why did you go lease? I’m seeing prices for SR+ slightly more per month than Tesla’s PCP, but smaller deposit. Similar overall cost over 3-4 years but PCP gives the option to continue on and buy the car

asking mainly those of you doing personal lease, not company car or salary sacrifice as the cost advantage there is v.clear

In case this helps anyone waiting for their car, and coming by delivery, I had an email on Monday to let me know it would arrive on Thursday. That was from FleetXP.

I also received a text from Tesla today to give me 48-hours notice of its arrival, and to advise me that I’d receive a two-hour delivery window on Wednesday.

I’ll confirm tomorrow when the delivery time arrives, and when it does, to aid anyone trying to piece together what is going on.

I'm in the same situation, expecting a text message today with my 2 hour delivery slot for tomorrow.

Those of you leasing - how are costs vs pcp and why did you go lease? I’m seeing prices for SR+ slightly more per month than Tesla’s PCP, but smaller deposit. Similar overall cost over 3-4 years but PCP gives the option to continue on and buy the car

asking mainly those of you doing personal lease, not company car or salary sacrifice as the cost advantage there is v.clear
I'm going salary sacrifice this time but did personal lease with my Audi A3.

My understanding is the same as yours i.e. if the costs are similar than PCP has more flexibility so would seem silly to go for lease (anyone feel free to correct my thinking). But that's really the point, if that happens it implies the lease is overpriced - for my A3 it was *significantly* less over the 3 years than equivalent PCP deals. That makes sense to me as there's no 'option' you're paying for.

There's also the psychological freedom - no screwing around with a dealer trying to get you to upgrade and carry on paying for the rest of your life - the PCP deals are structured to hook you in forever. Granted things are a bit different with Tesla sales tactics at least!

Reactions: Mrklaw

I'd put a link to to a PCH vs PCP deal calculator on my blog, prices were from Octopus, I'd likely need new rates, but gives a good comparison, overall cost over that time period etc..

Posting here as well as Zenith thread as relevant to both:

I just called Tesla to get another update, somewhat reluctantly following the pretty useless updates so far. This one was very useful:

- Zenith had put a blocker on my order so that I wouldn't be matched before 28 March!! This was, I assume, because I had put on my original zenith order that I wanted the car at the end of March (i.e. after my current lease ends).
- But I didn't appreciate at the time that such a blocker could actually result in no car at all this if they all get matched and then there are no deliveries/cars left over until May! (He said on the phone that's the risk at the moment)
- He was able to take the blocker off - let's see what happens!

So moral of the story: be careful with what delivery date you're requesting with Zenith! Now I know how this all works I'd definitely have put a date 7 days before I actually wanted it and early enough in the quarter to avoid risk of no car!

I feel it's highly likely all of the cars have been matched now... But guess I can only keep my fingers crossed!

Today was my 2nd official delivery date for my M3. First one was Monday but they failed to deliver my car. Guess what it’s now 5.30pm and still NO delivery & NO communication whatsoever apart from a confirmation email yesterday to confirm delivery today!

Zen Auto just blame Tesla, Tesla just blame the ‘Delivery Team’ who are uncontactable!

2 days wasted on staff holiday and waiting around.

I give up!

Not sure if it’s the same for every type of lease deal, but I was wondering for those people such as me ( getting car through company car scheme using Zenith) at what point in the order/delivery process does the Tesla account page actually show that you have a car?

is it on day of collection?