Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Argh! That’s a bit rubbish that I’d be unable to install any upgrades - that’s one of the most impressive bits that I was interested in!

Tusker have 3 options for the M3:
- SR+
- LR AWD
- AWD Performance

I can only assume that it is therefore set in stone from factory/order and not expecting any updates to be performed to bring the performance options up to standard.

if I received a referral code, how would I activate it? Tusker automatically book the order themselves through their business portal once I’ve submitted it on their website.
So the range of available upgrades are:

1. Rear heated seats (SR+ only), only available post purchase
2. Acceleration Boost (LR only), only available post purchase
3. Enhanced Auto Pilot (all models), can add during order
4. Full Self Driving (all models), can add during order

These are paid for add-ons for added functionality, normal software updates are included automatically on all models.

For the free supercharging miles, just provide your lease vendor with the code you want to use and they'll use that when creating the order. I'm not sure if their website has the facility for this, but you may be able to leave them a comment at the time of purchase.

Conversely, the work lease scheme allegedly affords some savings to the provider which they partly pass on to me - is it possible for me as an individual to benefit from these myself separately, or only via salary sacrifice?
Tesla direct certainly seem to be incredibly expensive on all finance options!!!

Conversely, the work lease scheme allegedly affords some savings to the provider which they partly pass on to me - is it possible for me as an individual to benefit from these myself separately, or only via salary sacrifice?
Tesla direct certainly seem to be incredibly expensive on all finance options!!!
I don't have knowledge of this unfortunately but there's some UK threads here that may be worth a skim:

if I received a referral code, how would I activate it? Tusker automatically book the order themselves through their business portal once I’ve submitted it on their website.
You need to give the referral code to the Lease company & make sure they order using this. This will link to the standard Tesla order configurator & your account will be credited with 1000m once you take delivery. The person providing the link will be able to see in their app that it has been used it and can confirm immediately if you need to be sure.

If some Lease companies don't use the link (based on the experience of my neighbour & a few other responses on the forum) then contact Tesla by phone immediately the lease order is placed with them and give them your cars' RN order number, Tesla normally won't add retrospectively but if you phone straight away, they sometimes do).

As he was the first to respond, please use the referral from @Medved_77. It's in his profile under 'About'

Reactions: Medved_77
Thanks Drew57 and Medved_77.

I’ve spoken to Tusker today and they even had to redirect me to their underwriters and various big bosses.

Concerning ‘in-app’ purchases - as long as Tesla allow me to do it, it’s ok for me to do.
However...

huge caveat time....

If it alters the range, handling, performance, exterior or interior of the vehicle beyond that which it was originally provided upon initial handover, then they are fully against it.

Some focused questioning got them to admit that:
- Sat-Nav and Internet connection packs are OK;
- Any paid-for updates that improve performance are not OK;
-Any paid-for updates that improve range/efficiency are not OK;
- Any paid-for updates that enable functionality in the vehicle that may have been physically present at handover, but otherwise disabled, are not OK (heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, FSD etc).

This leaves me in a bit of a quandary as I was quite bought into the idea of changing and enhancing the vehicle as part of IAPs.

I’m not sure how they’d find out if I had bought heated seats/steering, or even if I had bought a performance update as it would be registered to my App?

One last question - on the Tusker portal, it shows the pre-performance stats of the various Model 3 cars...

SR is 5.7sec // 267 range
LR is 4.8sec // 360 range
Performance is 3.7sec // 352 range

Is that what would arrive from Tesla or would the new versions arrive with the enhanced spec (as per Tesla website?)

One last question - on the Tusker portal, it shows the pre-performance stats of the various Model 3 cars...

SR is 5.7sec // 267 range
LR is 4.8sec // 360 range
Performance is 3.7sec // 352 range

Is that what would arrive from Tesla or would the new versions arrive with the enhanced spec (as per Tesla website?)
These are very old specs & it looks like Tusker have not updated them (they pre-date even 12 months ago, when I purchased). All new cars will achieve the ratings Tesla currently advertise.

This leaves me in a bit of a quandary as I was quite bought into the idea of changing and enhancing the vehicle as part of IAPs.

I’m not sure how they’d find out if I had bought heated seats/steering, or even if I had bought a performance update as it would be registered to my App?
The heated rear seats/wheel are only an after sale on the SR+ variant which sounds like you've ruled out and are deciding between LR and P? They come as standard with the LR and P.

The acceleration boost is only available on the LR, the P is as fast as it gets upon delivery, no further purchases required. So if you're undecided between LR and P, it does seem like it'll not be possible to buy the acceleration boost on the LR through the lease company.

When looking at FSD or Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP), you're looking at £2k/£1k more per year (assuming a 3 year lease) and that functionality is considerably hampered in the UK due to UNECE regulations that the US does not observe. Many would agree that it's a large sum of money to put down £6800/£3400 especially if you're only keeping the car for a few years. Tesla are working on a subscription model for FSD although no formal details have been released and I've no idea how this would impact lease customers.

For in app purchases, your lease company will disable the ability to make any purchases through your app or through your Tesla account so it's not really a case of them catching you, rather they restrict you in the first place. They own the car and you have guest access to use the app essentially.

Those specs listed are old, you'll receive whatever is current on the Tesla website.

If it alters the range, handling, performance, exterior or interior of the vehicle beyond that which it was originally provided upon initial handover, then they are fully against it.
I can see your dilemma but I'm afraid I can't offer a solution. It seems you can have any colour you want as long as its vanilla.

ps - could you have bought an update that didn't alter the range, handling, performance, exterior or interior beyond that which...

Tesla are quite cunning in the way they advertise 0-60 because the SR+ & LR are measured from standstill whereas the P uses a 1' rollout which suggests a greater gap than reality. If like for like the P would be around 3.3-3.4sec

SR+ 5.3 sec
LR 4.2 sec
P 3.1 sec

Hi folks,

I've just signed up and currently awaiting for my M3LR to arrive, been reading the forums for a few weeks now and just wondering some experience for those who are leasing through Tusker. I ordered on the 1st April and have a rough expected delivery of Mid-May to dealer. However other than that there is nothing from Tusker and nothing from Tesla, and just wondering how other people got on?

Also what would be interesting, is Tusker mention they carry out pre delivery checks, how long do these take and how much longer after mid-may could I expect to be invited to pick up the car, based on previous experiences?

Hi folks,

I've just signed up and currently awaiting for my M3LR to arrive, been reading the forums for a few weeks now and just wondering some experience for those who are leasing through Tusker. I ordered on the 1st April and have a rough expected delivery of Mid-May to dealer. However other than that there is nothing from Tusker and nothing from Tesla, and just wondering how other people got on?

Also what would be interesting, is Tusker mention they carry out pre delivery checks, how long do these take and how much longer after mid-may could I expect to be invited to pick up the car, based on previous experiences?

For what it is worth, I was on the phone to Tusker for about 2 hrs asking a lot of questions.

One of which was vehicle quality, right to rejection etc. I was explicitly told that upon vehicle delivery to me, it is my obligation to inspect and log all defects and then, if it is bad enough to reject, that I need to phone Tusker before doing anything. The chap didn’t say what happens next, but I would assume the driver would take the vehicle away back to Tesla to fix. We must bear in mind that by this point Tusker has already accepted the vehicle, so they would be unable to reject and don’t want to be lumped with a vehicle.

Long-time, er, listener; first-time caller.

After almost eight years with a couple of Leafs (one of which, we're keeping), it looks like we're about to lease a Tesla M3!

Changes in my wife's employment threw up the possibility of getting a Tesla on salary sacrifice - through the NHS, who use Knowles Fleet. We've never used salary sacrifice or had a company car before so are absolutely feeling our way into this, but started the ball rolling a month ago (before dastardly government shenanigans, obviously) and were quoted c.£500 (gross; approx. half that in terms of reduction in net pay) for a white LR (including insurance) for 3 years. The lease company seem good so far (they assured me they used the referral code I supplied) and I've even heard from Tesla Bristol, as I had been looking for a test drive earlier in the year (which Covid prevented). I'm hopeful, because it was 'in the system', that the 'price' will be as promised - just wondering if anyone knows for sure, or have gone down an equivalent route in recent weeks...?

Anyway, yesterday we heard that it's all been signed-off by my wife's employer and has gone back to the lease company, so I thought it was about time I posted something here. Goes without saying, I am ridiculously excited, and we haven't even been allocated a car yet.
This is interesting... And by interesting, I mean bloody annoying.

We submitted our salary sacrifice application on 8th March, and this (wretched) government effectively abolished the EV grant on 18th March. We did everything we could to keep this moving through the system but there was delay after delay (mostly at my wife's employer's (NHS) end).

We finally made progress towards the order today only to be told that because of the grant disappearing, "the vehicle that you have applied for is now more expensive for the leasing company to purchase. As a result, the leasing company have had to increase their rentals to account for the extra cost... Apologies for the inconvenience caused; unfortunately, we were given no prior warning for this change."

The scores on the doors are that we were expecting to pay £503 a month (gross) for a Long Range, and we're now looking at £562. Long story short, it's probably still just about affordable, but I reckon we could get close to the original quoted price if we went for an SR+ instead. Big decision to change things at this stage, mind - I think in an ideal world I'd like the increased range (it's looking like I will have a 155-mile total commute a couple of days a week from the autumn onwards, and our regular family trips are over 110 miles each way). And I'd very much appreciate the improved audio and AWD when things get cold and slippy. Still - an extra £60 (£46 gross) a month is not nothing...

And then there's the small matter of availability, given the non-Tesla delays we've already experienced. The Tesla website lists the SR+ as having an estimated delivery date of May whereas the LR is currently listed as June. Does that sound about right? Or, given that there seem to be more LRs than SR+s on the inventory stock page, do lease companies ever grab cars from there?

We've given ourselves tonight to think about it, so any input welcome. (I'm also waiting on a response from Tesla Bristol.) Apologies if it's felt this should be a new thread. (And apologies also for my ugly mug appearing again. I have no idea where that image came from or how to change it! That's definitely OT, though...)

We submitted our salary sacrifice application on 8th March, and this (wretched) government effectively abolished the EV grant on 18th March. We did everything we could to keep this moving through the system but there was delay after delay (mostly at my wife's employer's (NHS) end).

We finally made progress towards the order today only to be told that because of the grant disappearing, "the vehicle that you have applied for is now more expensive for the leasing company to purchase. As a result, the leasing company have had to increase their rentals to account for the extra cost... Apologies for the inconvenience caused; unfortunately, we were given no prior warning for this change."

The scores on the doors are that we were expecting to pay £503 a month (gross) for a Long Range, and we're now looking at £562. Long story short, it's probably still just about affordable, but I reckon we could get close to the original quoted price if we went for an SR+ instead. Big decision to change things at this stage, mind - I think in an ideal world I'd like the increased range (it's looking like I will have a 155-mile total commute a couple of days a week from the autumn onwards, and our regular family trips are over 110 miles each way). And I'd very much appreciate the improved audio and AWD when things get cold and slippy. Still - an extra £60 (£46 gross) a month is not nothing...

And then there's the small matter of availability, given the non-Tesla delays we've already experienced. The Tesla website lists the SR+ as having an estimated delivery date of May whereas the LR is currently listed as June. Does that sound about right? Or, given that there seem to be more LRs than SR+s on the inventory stock page, do lease companies ever grab cars from there?

We've given ourselves tonight to think about it, so any input welcome. (I'm also waiting on a response from Tesla Bristol.) Apologies if it's felt this should be a new thread. (And apologies also for my ugly mug appearing again. I have no idea where that image came from or how to change it! That's definitely OT, though...)
I understand. Was in a similar situation with NHS lease. They took so long to process twice before submission they came up with different prices. But at the end decided to withdraw the NHS lease application and gone for the private leasing and car delivered in 10 days. Gone for the modest SR+ so the price is Ok. But looking at your needs probably you are right to go with LR.

Hope you find this helpful. Also do provide the referral code to the NHS lease providers and they normally pass it on to Tesla and you will get 1000 free supercharger miles. The referral codes will be on members profile page.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
For what it is worth, I was on the phone to Tusker for about 2 hrs asking a lot of questions.

One of which was vehicle quality, right to rejection etc. I was explicitly told that upon vehicle delivery to me, it is my obligation to inspect and log all defects and then, if it is bad enough to reject, that I need to phone Tusker before doing anything. The chap didn’t say what happens next, but I would assume the driver would take the vehicle away back to Tesla to fix. We must bear in mind that by this point Tusker has already accepted the vehicle, so they would be unable to reject and don’t want to be lumped with a vehicle.
In general he MiC quality is definitely better than the Fremont one. See the threads related to MiC and Fremont model quality and hardware. In terms of rejecting lease vehicles when it is delivered is bit impossible - the guys who come to deliver usually is a third party driver and the only thing he is allowed to show is how to use the key card to start and move the car. So more or less you will be left with the car. But you have the option to book an appointment with the TSC (I think you can do in 7 days or 100 miles) to fix the issues or right to rejection. However, your lease company need to know before this happens.

But as mentioned earlier I was worried like what you have written but the MiC is more or less perfect with a nice refined finish. Btw if it is a lease car you shouldn't worry too much as you are going to return this back to them. You just need to take pictures and send it to the lease company so that they have a record of the defects.

In general he MiC quality is definitely better than the Fremont one. See the threads related to MiC and Fremont model quality and hardware. In terms of rejecting lease vehicles when it is delivered is bit impossible - the guys who come to deliver usually is a third party driver and the only thing he is allowed to show is how to use the key card to start and move the car. So more or less you will be left with the car. But you have the option to book an appointment with the TSC (I think you can do in 7 days or 100 miles) to fix the issues or right to rejection. However, your lease company need to know before this happens.

But as mentioned earlier I was worried like what you have written but the MiC is more or less perfect with a nice refined finish. Btw if it is a lease car you shouldn't worry too much as you are going to return this back to them. You just need to take pictures and send it to the lease company so that they have a record of the defects.

That is a valid point - photographs speak a thousand words. My main concern is something like the car underperforming being a weak excuse, and/or the stone-chip/poor paint issue costing me for a respray upon handback after 4yrs.

You're pretty much talking yourself out of the SR+. If you compromise too much you'll be unhappy and be stuck in the lease until the end (4yrs like mine?) or if your wife leaves that role/employer.

My dilemma is that the pricing is the same as yours - £450 for SR+, £550 LR and £680 Performance, except I am coming from a BMW M3, which I have already handed back. So I am expecting a little luxury, range, handling and performance and don't want to compromise with anything lower than the Performance for me - I know me, I'll be happy at first, then be slowly sickened by all the awesome Performance models I see with their swanky enhancements over my model, and then regret my purchase! 😆

I understand. Was in a similar situation with NHS lease. They took so long to process twice before submission they came up with different prices. But at the end decided to withdraw the NHS lease application and gone for the private leasing and car delivered in 10 days. Gone for the modest SR+ so the price is Ok. But looking at your needs probably you are right to go with LR.

Hope you find this helpful. Also do provide the referral code to the NHS lease providers and they normally pass it on to Tesla and you will get 1000 free supercharger miles. The referral codes will be on members profile page.

Many thanks for your reply; sorry, I haven't yet figured out how to give you a Thumbs Up or anything...! We've slept on it and have concluded that we'd be better off with the LR - it's still a bloody good deal as only half of the quoted figure actually impacts my wife's salary, and it includes insurance. Yes, I sent across a referral code as part of the original application, and have done so again. Digits crossed!

Reactions: Jez_GB
You're pretty much talking yourself out of the SR+. If you compromise too much you'll be unhappy and be stuck in the lease until the end (4yrs like mine?) or if your wife leaves that role/employer.

My dilemma is that the pricing is the same as yours - £450 for SR+, £550 LR and £680 Performance, except I am coming from a BMW M3, which I have already handed back. So I am expecting a little luxury, range, handling and performance and don't want to compromise with anything lower than the Performance for me - I know me, I'll be happy at first, then be slowly sickened by all the awesome Performance models I see with their swanky enhancements over my model, and then regret my purchase! 😆

Many thanks also. Yes, we really want to avoid that sense of 'This is great, but if only...'

LR it is, on a three-year deal (we've been told how much it will cost if bail early, e.g. my wife changes employer). We're coming from a Leaf (which we're keeping) and getting rid of a C-class Merc, so something that very vaguely sits between the two will be fine with us.

It was by no means as fast as an M3, but our previous favourite car (along with the Leaf) was a Porsche 944, which we both absolutely loved, though it was also a world of pain financially. So, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds in an LR will do us very nicely, but I hope you enjoy your P! :cool:

We're finally at the "We now have all necessary documentation and your car will be ordered" stage. Exciting times!

An exciting day today as my Model 3 LR is being delivered to my home by the lease company.

In terms of handover, I'll obviously check for panel gaps and such like. In terms of what should come with the vehicle, what should be there in terms of charging cables etc.?
Great, Sure you will enjoy it.

Most of those delivery guys come with two cars to deliver, so if yours is the first delivery they will be in a rush to go. So from my experience they are not allowed to do anything else other than showing you how to use the key card and start the vehicle and move the vehicle.

They normally include all the necessary cables and the roadside assistance (with a triangle etc., - thats what inside I guess as I am yet to open and check) pack. You may have time to check all the electrics and panel gaps and that's the maximum you get. You will also get a mudgaurd flap separately.