TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 lighted applique

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by WATTS-UP, Jul 27, 2018.

1. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

Gaging interest in a light rear applique for the Model 3. The Model S and X have had a lighted appliqué for years now. The question is, are Model 3 owners interested in creating a unique look for their Model 3.

2. LMichel

LMichel Member

Curious if the 3 would have the same issue with the Applique that my 2017 MS has. Perhaps if the applique worked on 3's then it would work on the newer S's?

3. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

The Model S and X will get a new controller and software a some time in the future. The bug that was in the old controller is being fixed, that should have no bearing on the model 3. the Model 3 will get a different controller and light board. If and when a lighted applique is produced.

4. silentcorp

silentcorp Member

I'd be interested most likely.

5. boiler81

boiler81 Member

I like the looks of it, but it's got to work reliability for the cost and level of effort to install (based on MS's unit)