Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Long Range 2021 model - Basic Autopilot - Summon feature disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi My summon feature has disappeared from the phone app - Long Range 2021 - Autopark no longer works - Are these features part of basic pack - if not why did I have it for a while and not now - is it like a trial version for a month. Any suggestions please.

You likely had a FSD preview. Summon and autopark are part of FSD.

If you googled " Autopilot vs FSD" you would get to this tesla page that specifically has the features:

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability Features​

Autopilot is a suite of driver assistance features that can be purchased before you buy your car or after it’s been delivered, and brings new functionality to your Tesla that makes driving safer and less stressful. Available packages include:

Autopilot​

• Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your car to that of the surrounding traffic
  • Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane, and uses traffic-aware cruise control

Full Self-Driving Capability​

• Navigate on Autopilot (Beta): Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit
  • Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged
  • Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch
  • Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key
  • Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.
  • Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
  • Upcoming:
    • Autosteer on city streets

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly, if you took delivery in the last 3 days or so of 2020, you got the FSD preview for 3 months. I remember this because my M3P was damaged on Christmas day before delivery, requiring repairs and a new delivery on Jan 1. I was pissed that I missed the cut off date, so I emailed Tesla, and they agreed to still honor the offer.

Anyway, here's hoping the do another EAP offer this year like last.

Reactions: Ron_M3
Upvote 0
So you guys are mixing things up.

FSD preview is an option you can click on/off for in the autopilot menu.

It shows extra stuff in the display with HW3 cars, like recycling bins, lane lines, etc. That's all it does. Everyone (with the right stuff) gets it and can turn it on.

The "You get actual FSD functional features for a few months" is an FSD trial, not a preview.

This was offered near end of Q4 2020 to some folks:

Upvote 0
Hi My summon feature has disappeared from the phone app - Long Range 2021 - Autopark no longer works - Are these features part of basic pack - if not why did I have it for a while and not now - is it like a trial version for a month. Any suggestions please.
Hi. If you open the Tesla App, down near the bottom of the Home page You should see a button marked 'Upgrades'. Press this and it takes you to Autopilot Upgrades. Most of the contributors so far have mentioned Full Self Driving, which as far as I know, is the only available Autopilot upgrade in the US. Here in Europe however, we are fortunate to get a second option, 'Enhanced Autopilot' which includes Navigate on Autopilot, Auto Lane Change, Auto Park, Summon and Smart Summon. Whilst not cheap at €3,800 here in Ireland, it includes many of the features available in the FSD package which costs €7,500. I hope you find this useful

Upvote 0