Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Long Range 2022 HV battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Long Range 2022 battery issue

Hi everyone,

I just bought a model 3 on November 23rd and a week later received a call saying they my car may have a battery problem and that they need it back at the service department. I’ve been told my battery needs to be replaced. I was given a crappy old model X loaner that is in terrible condition. I guess I have two questions, is this happening to anyone else? And is there anything I should ask Tesla to do for me due to them taking my brand new car for almost two weeks and counting? At this point I’m paying a car payment for a *sugar* loaner and I’m just kinda upset.

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki

(yes, there have been some reports of this happening to a few other people here, which means there are more people NOT here that its happening to as well).

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0

What are Tesla's choices....

Try to fix it, while giving you a free $100k model X.

Leave it and have you complain when it breaks down.

Upvote 0

What are Tesla's choices....

Try to fix it, while giving you a free $100k model X.

Leave it and have you complain when it breaks down.
If you were to see the condition of this model X you’d choose a bike instead.

Upvote 0
If you were to see the condition of this model X you’d choose a bike instead.
most normal dealers are not providing loaners on warranty work in general at this time. My supra with 301 miles had a issue and they didnt want to give me a loaner cause they had zero. I would day a beat up x over having to walk around. But i wonder if they added the dual pain glass in the rear?

Upvote 0
Haven’t looked at that. My biggest issue is that the suspension is broken and every bump feels like the car is going to blast off. It gives me a headache just going over train tracks. But the car also feels very unsafe. It literally goes back on its own even when on drive.

Upvote 0
Model 3 Long Range 2022 battery issue

Hi everyone,

I just bought a model 3 on November 23rd and a week later received a call saying they my car may have a battery problem and that they need it back at the service department. I’ve been told my battery needs to be replaced. I was given a crappy old model X loaner that is in terrible condition. I guess I have two questions, is this happening to anyone else? And is there anything I should ask Tesla to do for me due to them taking my brand new car for almost two weeks and counting? At this point I’m paying a car payment for a *sugar* loaner and I’m just kinda upset.
I received my new Tesla Model 3 Long Range on 1st Dec, had no issues or contact from Tesla!

Upvote 0
I also got a very dirty X as a loaner with mud stain all over the car and dog hair inside but I am not complaining. My wife and kids loved the X and now my wife wants to trade in her Lexus RX350 for the X. Surprised they gave me a loaner for my S with the basic warranty already expired.
I just got my new model S long range December the 7th. It was dropped off in the dark and the Tesla employees disappeared before I could even get out the door to see the car. Needless to say there were several items that needed to be addressed on my brand new $100k car. I am still waiting on a service appointment and not assured of getting a loaner car. All that to say I have a 2010 RX450H Lexus and if I take that car to Lexus for any kind of service (obviously not in warranty) they give me a brand new Lexus RX350 to drive. Tesla needs to up their game on customer service. Tesla customers should always get a loaner car, NEVER UBER>

Upvote 0