Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 long range acceleration boost [rumors?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$2K to move a P to 3.0 or sub 3 seconds 0-60 ? That’s not going to happen.

This thread is about the regular LR AWD $2,000 cost acceleration boost. I should probably modify the thread title for the OP if you read it as being about the model 3 performance. If you thought that, others likely do as well.

========================

(Moderator note)

Thread title changed from "Model 3 Long Range Performance upgrades" to "Model 3 Long Range Acceleration boost upgrade [rumors]"

This thread is about the regular LR AWD $2,000 cost acceleration boost. I should probably modify the thread title for the OP if you read it as being about the model 3 performance. If you thought that, others likely do as well.

========================

(Moderator note)

Thread title changed from "Model 3 Long Range Performance upgrades" to "Model 3 Long Range Acceleration boost upgrade [rumors]"

From the new title, I thought it was for the LR RWD model.

They need to offer a boost for the P!
Maybe they can't. I'd assumed that they were waiting for the Plaid before they offered a boost for the P but now that the Plaid is out and there is no offer of a boost for the P I'm inclined to believe that the reason is that the P is already at it's limit, the cooling system just isn't built to handle more. The boost for the AWD was easy, the P and the AWD are virtually the same car and importantly the cooling is exactly the same so cutting .5 seconds for the AWD is a no risk way to generate extra revenue at zero cost.

Reactions: jjrandorin
If they had a sale on the current boost upgrade, I'd totally jump on that.

Wouldn't it be neat if they had sales on FSD, EAP, and Boost? Kinda like how there are Steam sales on games?
I think If they had some type of flash sale.. see what I did there 😏
They would generate a ton of new income in a short span. The issue being everyone pissed that paid a premium asking for a refund though it wouldn't happen.
Personally I'm a believer in if your willing to pay a price at a given time you agreed to it and knowing good and well a better deal so to speak is always a possibility it's the risk you take.

The hesitation I believe would be that everyone would always wait around for the possibility of a future sale this reducing random AB etc type of revenue week over week.

But agree if they dropped AB today Id click buy. I'll end up with it either way but in no rush at 2k.

Perhaps we will get a Christmas in July sale. Lol

I think If they had some type of flash sale.. see what I did there 😏
They would generate a ton of new income in a short span. The issue being everyone pissed that paid a premium asking for a refund though it wouldn't happen.
Personally I'm a believer in if your willing to pay a price at a given time you agreed to it and knowing good and well a better deal so to speak is always a possibility it's the risk you take.

The hesitation I believe would be that everyone would always wait around for the possibility of a future sale this reducing random AB etc type of revenue week over week.

But agree if they dropped AB today Id click buy. I'll end up with it either way but in no rush at 2k.

Perhaps we will get a Christmas in July sale. Lol

The last time they reduced pricing on the FSD upgrade (from 3k to 2k) there was such an uproar about it from everyone, that Tesla reversed course and stated "sorry, we should never have reduced the price, it was a mistake". I highly doubt you will see them reduce price on software like this again.

Reactions: brkaus
Yes, but I don't want FSD. But EAP would be nice to have. if you ask me, Tesla should start including EAP standard on all cars. Because so many cars now have lane keep assist and smart cruise control (heck, my wife's 2016 Honda Pilot even has it)
It's so confusing - but I think basic (meaning, not paying any extra) Autopilot has Lane Keep Assist and Adaptive Cruise.

Basic Autopilot:
Included with every Tesla, Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane. Advanced safety and convenience features are designed to assist you with the most burdensome parts of driving, alongside driver assistance features such as emergency braking, collision warning and blind-spot monitoring.

Reactions: Dre78 and Biggus
It's so confusing - but I think basic (meaning, not paying any extra) Autopilot has Lane Keep Assist and Adaptive Cruise.

Basic Autopilot:
Included with every Tesla, Autopilot enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane. Advanced safety and convenience features are designed to assist you with the most burdensome parts of driving, alongside driver assistance features such as emergency braking, collision warning and blind-spot monitoring.
Autopilot
  • Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your car to that of the surrounding traffic
  • Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane, and uses traffic-aware cruise control
see attached link for further description.