Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 long range acceleration boost [rumors?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my LR AWD with acceleration boost activated. Now if they’d offer an additional boost feature to get to performance. I’d jump on that.
If it truly is same car with specs foe both versions and just software. I don’t see why they don’t offer it for more revenue.

The only farfetched possibility I see happening is that for the earlier adopters with AWD but with the 980 motors (the same as the P) could get the opportunity to upgrade to a full P model (essentially turning the car into a Stealth version). But given the limited scope and car count at this point, I can't see that happening. People have asked and tweeted Elon about this but got nothing.

I bought my LR AWD with acceleration boost activated. Now if they’d offer an additional boost feature to get to performance. I’d jump on that.
If it truly is same car with specs foe both versions and just software. I don’t see why they don’t offer it for more revenue.

its not. the AWD has a weaker motor/inverter. in the initial 8 months or so of production the AWD was just a softwarenerfed P.

I too am waiting for the boost sale. I am not in a rush to purchase at $2k as my LRAWD is good enough for my usage. However if it does go down for 'black friday sale" then I will instantly purchase. I already have my wife permission slip sign of approval ;)
I waited and waited and waited, then I thought: What if they quit offering that upgrade? So I jumped on it.

Reactions: Biggus
Well you just bursted my bubble. Its funny but not funny the car is a rocket and we still want more. 😄

its all relative. When you first go from petrol to diesel you think that the diesel is a massive rocket. Then you move to the highspeced big engine version of your car and thats a rocket. then you get the first performance sedan <5s which is a rocket. then suddenly you sit in a model 3 performance and thats a rocket. Then you sit in the Model S P100D and thats a rocket and everything else seems slow. Than you sit in a plaid mode model s and thats a rocket and everything else is slow.

just depends on what you are used to.

My dad went from a Trabant to a BMW 316i in the 90s. He thought the BMW was a rediculous sports car. And then you realize that the Trabant does 0 to 100 in in 20 seconds and you know why he thinks the 316i is a rocket.

its all relative. When you first go from petrol to diesel you think that the diesel is a massive rocket. Then you move to the highspeced big engine version of your car and thats a rocket. then you get the first performance sedan <5s which is a rocket. then suddenly you sit in a model 3 performance and thats a rocket. Then you sit in the Model S P100D and thats a rocket and everything else seems slow. Than you sit in a plaid mode model s and thats a rocket and everything else is slow.

just depends on what you are used to.

My dad went from a Trabant to a BMW 316i in the 90s. He thought the BMW was a rediculous sports car. And then you realize that the Trabant does 0 to 100 in in 20 seconds and you know why he thinks the 316i is a rocket.
I like rockets 😊

• Funny
Reactions: greymatter73