Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Long Range acceleration from a stop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

They just replaced the rear motor drive inverter on my brand new car (~120 miles). The acceleration feels much smoother/less violent from the stop vs if I were to floor it in the 20-40mph range. You feel the torque much stronger when the car is already in motion. It's almost like the car software is limiting the torque. Is that possible due to the fact it was raining today? Maybe it's limiting the torque because of the poor tire traction.

I think the best test would be a 0-60 speed test but right now the weather conditions are not the best for that.

I am wondering if the repair caused this or it was always like that and I am just being silly since the car is just repaired due to a drivetrain issue.

Thanks in advance for your input.

To get the best zero to sixty best times, the roads need to be dry, the battery warm, and ideally about 50% -60%.
That makes total sense but do you think the rainy situation affects the acceleration? Maybe the car detects tires potentially slipping and lowers the torque? I assume these cars have software driven traction control but I did not see any icons lighting up on the dash.

That makes total sense but do you think the rainy situation affects the acceleration? Maybe the car detects tires potentially slipping and lowers the torque? I assume these cars have software driven traction control but I did not see any icons lighting up on the dash.
Slippery/rainy roads absolutely affect acceleration. For the reasons you alluded to.
The computer limits power to avoid slip.