TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Long Range increased $500

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by EVDSCar, Nov 1, 2019.

1. EVDSCar

EVDSCar Member

I just notice Tesla updated price today on Longe Model to $48,490 instead of $47,990 last month but now the range increased to 322 miles instead of 310. I think it might be software update only since performance model still show 310

2. thewolfofbay

thewolfofbay Member

Yeah saw that too. Does that mean the range will increase for existing LR owners? I just got my LR last Saturday! Hopefully the range increase reflects in the next update. Apparently there will be a 5% increase in power too?

3. Tholland

Tholland Member

Yes the power and range are from the software. The model S and X have been bumped as well. I think the software is being test currently as theirs a fleet of software 32.12.3 to 32.12.8 so I’m sure it’s coming and coming soon.

• Informative x 1
  4. thewolfofbay

thewolfofbay Member

I have 2019.32.12.2 - does that mean I should have gotten it? I have yet to receive.

I also am seeing that the new update has better driver visualizations - such as recognizing pylons/cones. That is amazing.

Also - do y'all recommend I get the full self driving? Its about $7k USD - I didnt buy it last weekend when I bought my car - but the price has already increased by $1,000 today. Should I wait or should I get it now?

5. SpartyTM3

SpartyTM3 Member

The power boost is definitely not in 32.12.2 because over 80% of all Model 3s have been on that release for at least a couple weeks by now.

6. EVDSCar

EVDSCar Member

Wait for Black Friday, they might sale 50% off. I think next few update will increase everyone’s range by 5%