Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 long range single motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a 2018 model 3 long range but the vin shows it as being a single motor. I have searched through several pages of a Google search and I can't find anything about a long range single motor model 3.

Was there single motor long range model 3s in 2018?

I got one of the very last ones made in June 2019 and agree, damn good car, will be keeping it long term. Running FSD beta on it.
Same. Mine's an April build. Other than some stupid software glitches, it's a wonderful car. I've also heard that the RWD actually drives (feels?) better than the AWD versions due to the lighter front end. I have no proof of that though.

Upvote 0
Same. Mine's an April build. Other than some stupid software glitches, it's a wonderful car. I've also heard that the RWD actually drives (feels?) better than the AWD versions due to the lighter front end. I have no proof of that though.

I have a 2018 Model 3 Midrange RWD. I've driven all wheel drive and the RWD does feel lighter and nimbler. The AWD gets off the line quicker and feels more planted. My RWD has the same rear motor part # as the 2018 Performance 3.

Upvote 0
I've also heard that the RWD actually drives (feels?) better than the AWD versions due to the lighter front end. I have no proof of that though.
This is the reason I'm trading in a 2020 MY for an 18 M3 LR RWD. I really miss how much fun a single motor Tesla drives. Started years ago with a 17 MS 75 RWD. It was a dream come true kind of car. Fast Forward last year we had a loaner 18 LR RWD. They just drive with character. I've had my share of Miatas and this is as close as you can come in a Tesla for some zoom zoom.

Reactions: Mayer
Upvote 0
This is the reason I'm trading in a 2020 MY for an 18 M3 LR RWD. I really miss how much fun a single motor Tesla drives. Started years ago with a 17 MS 75 RWD. It was a dream come true kind of car. Fast Forward last year we had a loaner 18 LR RWD. They just drive with character. I've had my share of Miatas and this is as close as you can come in a Tesla for some zoom zoom.
I’m right there with you on this Darmie. I’ve owned 4 Miata’s starting in 1994, with the last one in 2006. I did not realize how much I missed that type of control until I serviced my S last week and drove a 3 RWD loaner for 24 hours. It was a blast to drive. Would be great if Mazda would electrify the MX5.

Upvote 0
It is disappointing that the price point for Tesla’s next Roadster will be unattainable for 99.99% of the population.
If it came in under six figures (as it should), it would likely outsell all competitors and further extend the appeal of the Tesla brand.

Upvote 0