Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Long Range: Standard acceleration mode disabled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hiline

Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2022
Los Angeles
Listings
Hello all. I just took delivery of my Model 3 last week, then went on vacation over the weekend. When I returned and took the car out for a drive, I couldn't turn on Standard acceleration mode - the Acceleration menu shows Chill selected and greys out the options. My first couple of trips last week before my vacation were in Standard acceleration mode - I still remember the insane acceleration I felt. Do you know how I can re-enable Standard mode? Chill mode isn't too bad but I feel like something is missing.

I have never seen anything called Valet whether in the car or in the app. And from what I’ve read, Valet Mode would also restrict speeds and autopilot, but I didn’t have such restrictions.

Any other possible causes? I definitely tried this while in Park.

Any other possible causes? I definitely tried this while in Park.

Speed limit mode is another possibility. From the model 3 manual

=========================

Speed Limit Mode: Speed Limit Mode allows you to limit acceleration and limit the maximum driving speed to a chosen value between 50 and 90 mph (80 and 145 km/h). The first time you use this feature, you must create a 4-digit PIN that you must use to enable and disable Speed Limit Mode. When enabled and the driving speed approaches within approximately 3 mph (5 km/h) of the maximum speed, a chime sounds, the instrument panel displays a message, and Model 3 sends a notification to the mobile app. To enable Speed Limit Mode:
  1. Ensure Model 3 is in Park.
  2. Touch Controls > Safety > Speed Limit Mode on the touchscreen, or touch Controls in your mobile app.
  3. Select the maximum driving speed.
  4. Drag the slider to the On position.
  5. Enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to use to enable and disable Speed Limit Mode.
    Note
    If you forget the PIN, you can disable Speed Limit Mode by entering login credentials for your Tesla account.
Note
While Speed Limit Mode is enabled, the acceleration setting (Controls > Pedals & Steering > Acceleration) automatically sets to Chill.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hiline
Speed limit mode is another possibility. From the model 3 manual

=========================

Speed Limit Mode: Speed Limit Mode allows you to limit acceleration and limit the maximum driving speed to a chosen value between 50 and 90 mph (80 and 145 km/h). The first time you use this feature, you must create a 4-digit PIN that you must use to enable and disable Speed Limit Mode. When enabled and the driving speed approaches within approximately 3 mph (5 km/h) of the maximum speed, a chime sounds, the instrument panel displays a message, and Model 3 sends a notification to the mobile app. To enable Speed Limit Mode:
  1. Ensure Model 3 is in Park.
  2. Touch Controls > Safety > Speed Limit Mode on the touchscreen, or touch Controls in your mobile app.
  3. Select the maximum driving speed.
  4. Drag the slider to the On position.
  5. Enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to use to enable and disable Speed Limit Mode.
    Note
    If you forget the PIN, you can disable Speed Limit Mode by entering login credentials for your Tesla account.
Note
While Speed Limit Mode is enabled, the acceleration setting (Controls > Pedals & Steering > Acceleration) automatically sets to Chill.
That was it! Thank you!!!

Reactions: jjrandorin
Hello all. I just took delivery of my Model 3 last week, then went on vacation over the weekend. When I returned and took the car out for a drive, I couldn't turn on Standard acceleration mode - the Acceleration menu shows Chill selected and greys out the options. My first couple of trips last week before my vacation were in Standard acceleration mode - I still remember the insane acceleration I felt. Do you know how I can re-enable Standard mode? Chill mode isn't too bad but I feel like something is missing.
Did you ever figure this out? Mine only shows Chill and Sport. I got my 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor LR just 3 weeks ago and it came with the $2k Acceleration Boost. Thanks!