Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Looks Like a Frog From the Front, and a Mini X from the Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing Model 3 parked and whilst driving a dozen or so times, I've gotten a decent feel for the looks. And indeed it is hard to capture the great looks because it varies by angle (unlike the S).

Straight on from the front it looks like a Frog. Not bad, but a little odd.

It definitely looks like a mini X from the back. Especially lower height, but shape is similar.

From the sides, it looks better.

After seeing Model 3 parked and whilst driving a dozen or so times, I've gotten a decent feel for the looks. And indeed it is hard to capture the great looks because it varies by angle (unlike the S).

It definitely looks like a mini X from the back. Especially lower height, but shape is similar.

So....cancel order?

frog.jpg

What a relief. Here I thought the front end looked like a duck.

At least now that it’s a frog, prospective owners may merely kiss the front end, and their frog will turn into a prince.

It’s true. I read it in a book.

Up close, the car looks good. You don’t realize it’s all that much smaller unless it’s next to an S. The aero wheels don’t even look that bad - quite the improvement over the first generation aeros. The center screen configuration reduces nighttime glare/blindness from the current IC. And the hatch-ish/trunk aperture came out pretty well.

Still think it looks like a duck.

Reactions: Eclectic

I love people who express themselves the way you did. I don't totally agree with your assessment, but kudos for your honesty.

You had to know that you would get blasted in this forum. I'm 100% confident I could have an honest conversation with you.