Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Lost both Keycards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 - July 2019 delivery. Lost both Keycards. My iPhone is used to open and drive the car. Now got a new Keycard. When adding it, system is asking for existing Keycard to validate it. My phone doesn’t seem to work for it. What do I do?

Model 3 - July 2019 delivery. Lost both Keycards. My iPhone is used to open and drive the car. Now got a new Keycard. When adding it, system is asking for existing Keycard to validate it. My phone doesn’t seem to work for it. What do I do?

Option 1: order replacement card online and pay $25 for a new card:
Model 3 Key Card

Option 2: drive to a service center (don't bother setting up an appointment, just go in), and pay $13 for a new card.
Have it coded and leave with one working on the spot.

• Disagree
Reactions: MountainRatMat
53ff041b2a341.jpeg

Option 1: order replacement card online and pay $25 for a new card:
Model 3 Key Card

That will not solve the issue. If both key cards are lost, the service center MUST program a new card to the car using the service laptop. You cannot add a new card to the car yourself without an existing working card.

Schedule a service appointment and be prepared to pay.

How the hell do you lose both keycards? Prepare to pay the stupid tax for that one.

This just happened to me. I got a new phone and needed a key card to drive the car. After realizing I had lost both key cards, I scheduled a service appointment to have a new key programmed.

This does not cost a lot!. The invoice was $23.60.

Tesla: "Hello, this is James from Tesla Service preparing your request for service. The cost to reprogram a key card is $23.60. I've generated and sent a quote over to the email we have on file as well for review. Please let me know if you would like to proceed. Reply STOP to unsubscribe."

Me: "I don't have either key by the way. It's still $23.60?"

Tesla: "yeah, that included the labor to program the key card. Reply STOP to unsubscribe."

Was this a mobile service job or did you have to bring you car into the service center?

This just happened to me. I got a new phone and needed a key card to drive the car. After realizing I had lost both key cards, I scheduled a service appointment to have a new key programmed.

This does not cost a lot!. The invoice was $23.60.

Tesla: "Hello, this is James from Tesla Service preparing your request for service. The cost to reprogram a key card is $23.60. I've generated and sent a quote over to the email we have on file as well for review. Please let me know if you would like to proceed. Reply STOP to unsubscribe."

Me: "I don't have either key by the way. It's still $23.60?"

Tesla: "yeah, that included the labor to program the key card. Reply STOP to unsubscribe."