Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR AWD Brake Warning Light and TPMS intermittently on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I just took delivery of a 2022 Model 3 LR AWD last Thursday (Canada, Ontario). Great car.

However, after charging today at a supercharger, as I was leaving the lot, the brake warning light wouldn't turn off and I got messages regarding "Parking assist disabled" (I don't think I even have that?). I checked Sentry mode to see if anyone did anything, but nothing showed up (although it recorded 4 events even though no one was around; assumed maybe it was related to snow?). Right before this happened, I also noted that the Tesla app couldn't connect to my car for some reason. Anyways, I (reluctantly) drove it out of the parking spot after putting the car in/out of park a few times (which did not help). I couldn't feel any resistance, nor hear anything unusual, that would indicate a mechanical fault, so I continued out of the lot on the road. Everything was more or less fine, except that Auto Steer wasn't available and the lights kept coming on/off. I also noticed I couldn't view my cameras, left and right side pillar. Staying in camera mode also made the entire UI very sluggish. Still didn't notice any strange sounds though, but I stopped at a nearby lot and learned & did power reset (e.g., power off, 2 minute wait, press brake). Still didn't fix the problem. I've scheduled Tesla service for tomorrow, but I'm a little annoyed since the car is just a few days old. I've also connected it to WiFi hoping maybe a firmware fix is out (I'm still on firmware version 2021.44...??)

Only thing is that, on my drive home after delivery, I noticed the vehicle did make strange thunk noises. It happened a few times after delivery as well, but I didn't think much of it

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Rebooting the car, by pressing both scroll wheels until the touchscreen turns off, resolves many transient issues. If the problems persist the service center should be able to resolve them.

Sentry Mode alert events are triggered anytime there’s movement near the car, and can usually be safely ignored unless you see damage.

Both the car and your phone must have cell coverage in order to reach the car from the app, which for most features goes through the Tesla servers. Check the settings for the Tesla app on your phone and make sure cellular data is enabled.

My Tesla is the RWD 2022, a month old. I'm having the same issue, intermittent brake and TPMS warning lights, sluggish maps, cameras stop working with frozen pictures, I've also noticed that LTE is lost and sometimes the sound base is lost, only hearing the music from the tweeters. I have to do 2 or 3 scroll wheel resets in order to fix the issue, but it comes back after driving a bit.

I had the same exact thing happen to me tonight, to my month and a half old Model 3 LR. Just like the original poster, it happened right after using a Supercharger. Pulled out of the charger, and noticed my Nav was not connecting , then notice Brake warning light and TPS. Pulled off at the next exit, and did the scroll wheel reboot and that sorted things out. Hope this is something that get's fixed in software.