Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR AWD - involved in accident -- can it be repaired?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I met with accident in SR232 on my way from palouse falls to seattle. Thankfully, I was able to control the car to bring it to stop, airbags got deployed and there was no fire inside the vehicle and everybody are safe and sound without minor scratch including the dashed car. I have attached the pics of my car. Is it possible for it to be repaired?
Any suggestions on insurance process.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.08 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.08 PM (1).jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 133
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.08 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.08 PM.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 124
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.09 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.09 PM.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 115
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.10 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.10 PM.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 123
Hello everyone,

I met with accident in SR232 on my way from palouse falls to seattle. Thankfully, I was able to control the car to bring it to stop, airbags got deployed and there was no fire inside the vehicle and everybody are safe and sound without minor scratch including the dashed car. I have attached the pics of my car. Is it possible for it to be repaired?
Any suggestions on insurance process.
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.08 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.08 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.09 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-06 at 4.33.10 PM.jpeg

First, I'm glad everyone is safe!

I suppose any vehicle is repairable, but not always advisable, given the cost. Insurance process? Call your insurance company, and go from there.

You're not suggesting you want to fix this on your own dime and not go thru your insurance?

Your insurance company is the only place to get the verdict on if it’s totaled or not. Of course you can fight them if they don’t want to total it but daaaaang that thing looks totaled bud. Glad everyone is okay and thanks for the pictures!

Good luck and hope to see you in a new Tesla soon!

Reactions: lUtriaNt
nah, that car is done for. If the car has homelink, see if you can retrieve it (if you're planning on getting a new model 3), I'd also retrieve the frunk hooks and frunk floor mats (if it has them) since new model 3's don't come with any of those three things just mentioned.

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses! How much do you think will be the value of the car after considering market depreciation? My car is LR Dual motor AWD 2019 model with full self driving and autopilot?

@RScottyL Sorry !! I accidentally posted twice -tried deleting it - I don't have that options.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Thanks for your responses! How much do you think will be the value of the car after considering market depreciation? My car is LR Dual motor AWD 2019 model with full self driving and autopilot?

These are questions for your insurance agent, not a bunch of idiots like me on the internet with no say whatsoever in the outcome. Any number other then what the insurance company gives you is pointless.

@RScottyL Sorry !! I accidentally posted twice -tried deleting it - I don't have that options.
Yeah, that's totally totaled.

My Model 3 LR RWD was totalled 3 months ago and the accident was much much lesser than yours. It had 51k miles on it.

At first, the insurance tried to value it at $31k (which makes it roughly $35k after taxes, fees, etc). Of course, that estimate assumed I had a mid-range that was black and zero options, whereas my 2018 Model 3 was long range, white, with Enhanced AP and FSD. A few back and forths a later, they valued it at $42k which became roughly $48k. I used that opportunity to buy my co-worker's stealth performance 2019 Model 3 with 14k miles for $50k or $55k after taxes. $7k to upgrade from a RWD LR to a much newer stealth performance.. not bad!

Getting FSD to be covered was its own battle, however. I purchased it a year after I bought my car, thus it was not in my Monroney sticker. I had to call various managers to have that covered.

Good luck!

Reactions: C141medic
I looked at the pictures and said to myself why even bother to ask on an Internet forum? I think it’s a no brainer that it’s totaled but perhaps the prudent option would be to pose that question to your insurance company. Good to hear everyone is safe and sound.