Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR AWD Premium Connectivity Ending Soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any of you lovely people found away to get a discount on the £9.99 subscription to continue your premium connectivity? I hate when companies charge £1 per $1 in their pricing. UK always comes off badly...
The first year of ownership has gone by quickly despite the pandemic!

Reactions: exlatccatsa
So today I got the email that premium connectivity is ending. Damn, that means the car a year old and has been out of the county once!
I’ll live without it for the moment. The map is out of date. There are 2017 roads that aren’t on the the 2019 map. Traffic jam visualisations are a joke at times and the car is still going nowhere.
has anyone not subscribed and then genuinely missed it? I have a feeling I might once were back in the real world.

So today I got the email that premium connectivity is ending. Damn, that means the car a year old and has been out of the county once!
I’ll live without it for the moment. The map is out of date. There are 2017 roads that aren’t on the the 2019 map. Traffic jam visualisations are a joke at times and the car is still going nowhere.
has anyone not subscribed and then genuinely missed it? I have a feeling I might once were back in the real world.
Is your car leased? Some lease drivers say it continues after the year.

Live traffic visualisations was the only part of Premium Connectivity that we used and tbh, its one of those things that is useful on the rare occasions that being stuck in a jam its useful to know how extensive it is - the standard sat nav traffic aware routing is completely unaffected by loss of the visualisation.

When ours expired we didn't renew as £9.99 a month for the odd occasion of having the convenience on big screen was a bit steep, especially since I was paying ~£7/year for the same info on my phone satnav and free on phone map.

But when we got Premium Connectivity reinstated (long story that affected early orders), I have to admit, it was nice to have it back. I still wouldn't pay for it, admittedly one part of a larger set of features that we don't use, but having it always on even if its showing that you are stuck in some invisible queue, is somewhat comforting, especially if its a real queue and you just want some confirmation that the sat nav reroute is for a genuine reason.

Reactions: Dilly
You and I are always on the exact same path - we must have taken delivery on the same day on 26 March 2020. We always receive updates at the same time. My email from Tesla arrived at 1.30am this morning. Slightly ironic as I am desperately waiting for one from Starlink saying they are shipping my Dishy.

Anyway...although I have been happy to pay for Acceleration Boost and FSD, and have decided to pay £450 set up and £90pm for Starlink, I don't think I can see the point of paying for Premium Connectivity. My iPhone has unlimited data so I will have to go to the slight faff of turning on my personal hotspot (pro tip: long press on the wifi icon in the control centre brings up this option.) I do use Spotify as my main source of music so I will need the personal hotspot connection. I never use satellite maps. Will miss seeing the live traffic on the navigation but since Tesla opted out of their previous source of traffic information I am not convinced it is that useful.

My opinions are subject to change...

Reactions: Dilly
You and I are always on the exact same path - we must have taken delivery on the same day on 26 March 2020. We always receive updates at the same time. My email from Tesla arrived at 1.30am this morning. Slightly ironic as I am desperately waiting for one from Starlink saying they are shipping my Dishy.

Anyway...although I have been happy to pay for Acceleration Boost and FSD, and have decided to pay £450 set up and £90pm for Starlink, I don't think I can see the point of paying for Premium Connectivity. My iPhone has unlimited data so I will have to go to the slight faff of turning on my personal hotspot (pro tip: long press on the wifi icon in the control centre brings up this option.) I do use Spotify as my main source of music so I will need the personal hotspot connection. I never use satellite maps. Will miss seeing the live traffic on the navigation but since Tesla opted out of their previous source of traffic information I am not convinced it is that useful.

I’d noticed we share the same journey. Ours was home delivered 26th March too (Lockdown 1, day 1 :eek:. I didn’t go for the acceleration boost. I want to keep my retinas firmly attached 😁 and Mrs D has a heavy right foot. She enjoys the 0-60 in... just now.
We could use our phones too. I think we will do without PC short term. I can live without Spotify, I have a load of music on USB (if only it would look there when I search!). As for traffic jams, my part of the county only has them when the Council is mowing the road surface 😂
When and if we re-enter the real world, we’ll look again

Reactions: AnthonyLR
My PC isn't due to expire until Sept so can't really comment, but personally, I don't utilize it enough to warrant an additional monthly payment. I sometimes put on caroke and see where traffic is on the route, but I must be the only one who plays Spotify through my phone. Am I missing something?

My PC isn't due to expire until Sept so can't really comment, but personally, I don't utilize it enough to warrant an additional monthly payment. I sometimes put on caroke and see where traffic is on the route, but I must be the only one who plays Spotify through my phone. Am I missing something?

You lose the satellite view maps, web browsing and such things as streaming Youtube or Netflix.

Reactions: s88ats
Attached, current lineup and availability of features via third party wifi connection, phone hotspot etc. Its worth mentioning that wifi is disconnected when you hit drive and must be re-enabled, so using wifi hotspot to access some features are perhaps not as seamless as one might like.

1615566732456.png
Source: Connectivity

OK, my opinion changed. I love with my Tesla that I can just get in, put the PIN in, and drive. I don't want to have to get my phone out of my pocket to connect the hotspot or use Spotify. So I'm paying for the convenience. Oh well...

I paid for it to continue, and I barely drive the car. I just don't want to faff about with hotspots etc when I happen to drive it - per @AnthonyLR's point above. I tend to play a lot of Spotify in the car, too.

In my mind it's ~3 large caramel lattes a month that I no longer buy because I'm not commuting so much.