Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

down in a hole

MYLR 5 seats WHITE/WHITE 19” TOW NO FSD OD:11/10
Nov 2, 2018
ELMHURST, IL
I still have not heard a good reason why we need an incentive in place for people to buy a car with a wait list as long as Tesla? For that matter, most EV’s are wait list. Demand doesn’t seem to be the problem. Why not put the money to facilitate production so I’m not on a nearly four month wait!!
I would put it toward the EV charging infrastructure. I used the Tesla superchargers from Chicago to Los Angles and there are some really rough areas that could use more. And that with a car with 300 miles of range.

Reactions: EV70 and Harfagri

7rugby

Nov 8, 2021
Davis
Agreed 100% and on top of that there are several State incentives to help! In California alone it's possible to get up to $10k in State incentives pending available funding.
Just a question about these state incentives in California. So far, all I can see I'm eligible for is a possible $2000 rebate through Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. If you know of something else, please let me know!! Thanks.

T3SLAROD

May 14, 2019
SoCal
Sorry I should have clarified that those in the lower income level can qualify for $4500 from the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, $750 from the POS and $5,000 if the EV grant becomes available again next year.

Last edited:

Jthavoc

Oct 23, 2021
Dover
D47A93EB-7056-49B4-901F-9FAF6D7905D4.jpeg

Let’s gooooooooo

Starzwell

OD: October 28; M3LR MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
Oct 29, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
I can't believe people are taking delivery between now and January! It seems very likely taking delivery in January will save you $8k.
Just to add to all the other legitimate reasons listed, I ignorantly (and with a bit of a push from my SA) applied for my financing way too early in the process and will have to reapply and rerun my credit multiple times again if I delay into the new year. Sure it probably financially is still better to wait, but the unknown of it all is making me struggle with the decision.

itsallaboutme

Jul 2, 2021
New Jersey
Just to add to all the other legitimate reasons listed, I ignorantly (and with a bit of a push from my SA) applied for my financing way too early in the process and will have to reapply and rerun my credit multiple times again if I delay into the new year. Sure it probably financially is still better to wait, but the unknown of it all is making me struggle with the decision.
I am in the same boat as you. But my reason wasn’t my SA it was because I found a car in existing inventory. Then something happened where they weren’t going to delivery to my location… I then put my order on hold until Dec 20th I have until Jan 8th for my Tesla loan and Jan 22nd with DCU I have a trade in so I feel extra pressure and on top of that I already have a loan for my model y (10/28 loan approval) So I’m almost sure if they run credit again I wouldn’t get approved.

halcyonsc

Nov 18, 2021
Houston
Is it really that bad to have 2 credit pulls? How much does that really impact your credit? And are you planning on doing anything with the credit before the hard pulls go away?

Starzwell

OD: October 28; M3LR MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
Oct 29, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Is it really that bad to have 2 credit pulls? How much does that really impact your credit? And are you planning on doing anything with the credit before the hard pulls go away?
I haven’t seen how bad my credit was effected from the first pull yet. I’m not necessarily concerned with not getting approved again, I just don’t want to change the terms I was already approved at.

macv70

Sep 16, 2021
Pennsylvania
Any comments on Tesla's latest statement on buyers delaying deliveries?

Nov 2, 2021
Seattle
Any comments on Tesla's latest statement on buyers delaying deliveries?

Unfortunately buyers can't send ultimatum to Tesla who keeps delaying deliveries (EDD)!

qw6200

Nov 25, 2021
NJ
i ordered yesterday when it said EDD was February, and now today it's already saying December 16 - December 31.
Not complaining, just wondering if it's because of so many people delaying their orders until next year?
If these people remove their holds, would my EDD get bumped back again? I assume nobody knows for sure..

Gobucks614

Nov 16, 2021
Columbus, OH
Question: I plan to delay delivery to 2022 for potential credits. Received VIN on Tuesday, but have not been contacted for delivery. Site now gives option to “Accept and Proceed with Delivery.” Accept is referring to Vision Statement. Does anyone know what happens if I click? I don’t want to unnecessarily confirm a delivery, but also wouldn’t mind waiting as long as possible to put on hold (understand there are potential pros and cons to doing so). Thanks in advance.

M3LR/MSM/BLK/19/No FSD - Columbus, OH
OD: 10/30
EDD: 11/27-12/25
EDD: 11/30-12/14 (11/13)
VIN: 11/23

down in a hole

MYLR 5 seats WHITE/WHITE 19” TOW NO FSD OD:11/10
Nov 2, 2018
ELMHURST, IL
i ordered yesterday when it said EDD was February, and now today it's already saying December 16 - December 31.
Not complaining, just wondering if it's because of so many people delaying their orders until next year?
If these people remove their holds, would my EDD get bumped back again? I assume nobody knows for sure..
What configuration did you order?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC