Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up at Mt. Kisco:

Config: M3 LR | Deep Blue Metallic | White Interior | Aero Wheels | No FSD
OD: 11/15

Original EDD: December
2nd EDD (11/16): 1/11 - 2/8
3rd EDD (11/20): 12/9 - 12/31
4th EDD (11/23): 12/14 - 12/28

VIN Received: 11/30 (morning)
5th EDD (same time as VIN): 12/11 - 12/17
Schedule Delivery Text: 12/3 (evening)
Delivery Date: 12/14 (options were 12/12-12/14)
I’m picking up next week as well. They must be expecting a truck full of blues.

@EV70 I'm convinced they lost your order somewhere!
Lost is a 🤬 understatement.

Reactions: chewychiu and EV70
Just got another update, I've been checking my phone every 15-30 minutes... This is the first time I've received an update that didn't happen overnight. I'm down to a 4 day window now, but still haven't heard from my SA at all.

OD 10/30, M3LR, DBM, Black Int and 19's in SLC, UT

1st EDD 10/31 - 11/27-12/29
2nd EDD 11/26 - 11/28-12/12
3rd EDD 11/29 - 12/1-12/12
4th EDD 12/2 - 12/4-12/27
5th EDD 12/3 - 12/5-12/18
6th EDD 12/6 - 12/8-12/18
7th EDD 12/7 - 12/7-12/13 received vin
8th EDD 12/8 - 12/8-12/12
I was sick of constantly updating the app, so I gave the local service center (where I'm picking up) a ring. I got connected to a call center. They asked when I would like to pick it up and I told them ASAP. They asked if 12/10 @ 11AM would work. I told them that would be perfect, he said it was in there. I updated the app and I FINALLY have an actual delivery date! These next 2 nights are gonna be ROUGH....

This is just speculation and I am probably wrong here but I would assume that cash orders would be a little further down the prioritization for them. I know Tesla isn't in the business of profiting off finance charges but you would think there is at least some sort mutual benefit/incentive on both ends (between Tesla and their Bank partners) to write as many loans as possible.

With trade in I can see their point. The trade in process is probably a massive bottle neck on all sides. If they are really trying to fulfill as many orders as possible before EOY then I can see why they would want to deprioritize trades.

Could you sell your current ride so you don't have to trade it in with them? Maybe there is some truth there and it really will speed things up if you take the trade off the table on your order(s). It could actually benefit you too.

I didn't want to hassle with a trade in at Tesla either so I sold my 2013 Volvo SUV on FB marketplace for 1500$ more than Tesla or anyone else was willing to offer.

That is so incredibly annoying. I was told yesterday that they match to orders more likely to take delivery, whatever that means. I assume that means cash first? Also, I learned if doing a trade in they want to see title first because they end up finding other stake holders on the title. It’s all just a cruel joke.

Last edited:
This is just speculation and I am probably wrong here but I would assume that cash orders would be a little further down the prioritization for them. I know Tesla isn't in the business of profiting off finance charges but you would think there is at least some sort mutual benefit/incentive on both ends (between Tesla and their Bank partners) to write as many loans as possible.

With trade in I can see their point. The trade in process is probably a massive bottle neck on all sides. If they are really trying to fulfill as many orders as possible before EOY then I can see why they would want to deprioritize trades.

Could you sell your current ride so you don't have to trade it in with them? Maybe there is some truth there and it really will speed things up if you take the trade off the table on your order(s). It could actually benefit you too.

I didn't want to hassle with a trade in at Tesla either so I sold my 2013 Volvo SUV on FB marketplace for 1500$ more than Tesla or anyone else was willing to offer.
Problem with selling is I had a buyer coming to look at my car the day of my first EDD change. That was Labor Day weekend. If I had sold then, I would be screwed. Can't even think of selling to 3rd party until I have a VIN. My last Tesla offer was as high as I was getting from anyone else, and that didn't include the sales tax benefit of taking the trade in value off the car price. My new strategy is to say nothing about Trade in until I have a VIN!!

I’m picking up next week as well. They must be expecting a truck full of blues.

Lost is a 🤬 understatement.
So I just got an unsolicited trade in text from Tesla, so they know I'm alive now. That's the first unsolicited notification I've received since August. Means nothing, but exciting none the less. As per my prior message though, I'm not doing anything with trade in until I have a VIN. Makes it really hard to be prepared. When I do end up getting a car, I'm going to have to try and remember where I put all the damn accessories I bought in September!!

So I just got an unsolicited trade in text from Tesla, so they know I'm alive now. That's the first unsolicited notification I've received since August. Means nothing, but exciting none the less. As per my prior message though, I'm not doing anything with trade in until I have a VIN. Makes it really hard to be prepared. When I do end up getting a car, I'm going to have to try and remember where I put all the damn accessories I bought in September!!
Hopefully one of those blues is yours!

Reactions: Plum Loco and EV70
I am in the same boat and curious what will happen to our delivery date. Will we maintain our place or moved back to the end of the line? I will report back on January 2 once my hold expires.
So I started a Reddit thread for people lifting holds. The pattern I saw was: people lift hold > EDD that matches those that place a new order > EDD moves extremely fast > quick new VIN

Can’t confirm that as fact but it definitely seems like lifting a hold doesn’t mean you get put in the back of the line.

So I started a Reddit thread for people lifting holds. The pattern I saw was: people lift hold > EDD that matches those that place a new order > EDD moves extremely fast > quick new VIN

Can’t confirm that as fact but it definitely seems like lifting a hold doesn’t mean you get put in the back of the line.
Thanks for that info. I was thinking of lifting my hold in a week. Guess that's not going to happen.

And link to reddit thread?

If that is really true then all of you guys that have been waiting for months and months go ahead and put your order on 'hold' then lift it 24 hours later. I personally don't know that it really matters to be honest.

• Funny
Reactions: chewychiu
Just received a txt from Tesla… Asking about my trade-in… however, I didn’t answer YES to a trade-in initially… weird… I’ve replied with ‘No trade-in on the account’… didn’t get a response…

I today received the same trade in text. No. I'm not trading anything in. I never mentioned a trade-in, I don't plan to trade-in, I'm just here to buy a car. Lol.

My response was a little more smart-mouthed:
"Not trading anything in. Uncertain where you got that idea."

EDD is 21-31 December, Order date was Thanksgiving (25 Nov), so I'm 2 weeks FROM the order and 2 weeks FROM delivery, according to Elon.

Thanks for that info. I was thinking of lifting my hold in a week. Guess that's not going to happen.

And link to reddit thread?
Here's the link to the thread for those asking:
I've spoke with some members here as well over private message and saw similar outcomes. Getting EDD of Feb/March and then it getting pushed up to December after a few days to a week. Dont use my word as gospel lol Tesla is unpredictable but its a pattern I've noticed anecdotally.

Reactions: whiskeylover
Can anyone who has taken delivery confirm anything in the below link?

I think this is not entirely correct (or somewhat deceiving). The updates are not directly tied to a 2022 refresh. It may happen sometime in 2022. But as we know the 2022 cars have been rolling out since November and don't have these updates. Outside of the P model the most exciting (for me) in order are the Ryzen processor, rear double pane windows and Lithium battery. And perhaps the modem once we know more.

I an not too worried about the Lithium battery. I have had my SR+ for almost 3 years now and I am on my 3rd battery. So I think sooner or later we will all get an upgrade under warranty.

But I posted earlier today and am really contemplating holding out for the Ryzen CPU (and accompanying UI upgrade). I'm just not sure how long it will take for it to land in Fremont. For context it just started happening in China for the Y. And today is the first news about testing in Europe.
I'll be on the lookout over the next few days for the youtubers that have followed Tesla's rollout history more closely.
Currently my EDD is late Jan - mid Feb and I'm already driving a M3, so I can hold out. And I think these are significant value upgrades. Something like the modem upgrade could be required at the owner's expense in a few years.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
I think this is not entirely correct (or somewhat deceiving). The updates are not directly tied to a 2022 refresh. It may happen sometime in 2022. But as we know the 2022 cars have been rolling out since November and don't have these updates. Outside of the P model the most exciting (for me) in order are the Ryzen processor, rear double pane windows and Lithium battery. And perhaps the modem once we know more.

I an not too worried about the Lithium battery. I have had my SR+ for almost 3 years now and I am on my 3rd battery. So I think sooner or later we will all get an upgrade under warranty.

But I posted earlier today and am really contemplating holding out for the Ryzen CPU (and accompanying UI upgrade). I'm just not sure how long it will take for it to land in Fremont. For context it just started happening in China for the Y. And today is the first news about testing in Europe.
I'll be on the lookout over the next few days for the youtubers that have followed Tesla's rollout history more closely.
Currently my EDD is late Jan - mid Feb and I'm already driving a M3, so I can hold out. And I think these are significant value upgrades. Something like the modem upgrade could be required at the owner's expense in a few years.
Yes, I am trying to see if anything has rolled out in the USA yet.

For the 2021 refresh which started with cars built after 10/1/20, it took until Q1 2021 sometime before all the "refresh" items were completed.

I really also am only curious about the AMD processor, rear windows, 5G modem, and 12V lithium battery.