Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quoted $850 here in CT for a NEMA 14-50. Box is on the opposite side of the house (~70ft of cable needed) and I’m picky / want it flush with the drywall rather than mounted to the stud (+carpentry).

I too would do it myself, even have the holes boored, but want to stay to code and eventually finish the basement.
I had a similar situation trying to get a 14-50 box installed and having to go 60ft across my basement to get to the panel. I called a bunch of places and was getting quotes for 1200 but ended up finding a no frills / no fuss kind of guy in my town to do it for 800. I’m also in CT. 850 isn’t bad for 70ft.

Reactions: Plum Loco
I have a scheduled Delivery on Dec 21. Confirmation that my car was delivered to Tesla store on Thursday Dec 16. When asked if I could pick it up earlier on the 19th (3 days from arrival) no response. I emailed them again on the 18th and was told it wouldn’t be ready by the 19th.

Has anyone here experienced this long of a wait? Do they not have a 3 day rule? This is making me wonder if there were any issues when it arrived that they had to fix? If so this is something they should be sharing with me?

I had a similar situation trying to get a 14-50 box installed and having to go 60ft across my basement to get to the panel. I called a bunch of places and was getting quotes for 1200 but ended up finding a no frills / no fuss kind of guy in my town to do it for 800. I’m also in CT. 850 isn’t bad for 70ft.
I am paying $2400 for two one 14-50 and the other hardwired ChargePoint charger. If I wanted just the 14-50 they were asking $1450. And I will be able to charge both cars at the same time. If I went with the option of not being able to charge at the same time it would have been only $250 more on top of the $1450. Same situation as @Bootkie2 my panel is across the other side of the basement. over 70ft wires. I am also having an upgrade done to 200 amps. The electric company is paying for the whole job.

Reactions: hlin07
I have a scheduled Delivery on Dec 21. Confirmation that my car was delivered to Tesla store on Thursday Dec 16. When asked if I could pick it up earlier on the 19th (3 days from arrival) no response. I emailed them again on the 18th and was told it wouldn’t be ready by the 19th.

Has anyone here experienced this long of a wait? Do they not have a 3 day rule? This is making me wonder if there were any issues when it arrived that they had to fix? If so this is something they should be sharing with me?
In my case, there was an issue with my car when it arrived. It had a dent near the hood. They did communicate this to me and said they were going to make it as good as new. Then they also said the seal on the hood must be replaced and don't know when the part will arrived. I've asked for a new vin, giving them a few configurations I would take. Two days later, they gave me a new vin with the same exact configuration I have ordered. I asked how the new vin(car) became available, they said the trade in for that person didn't work out.

In my case, there was an issue with my car when it arrived. It had a dent near the hood. They did communicate this to me and said they were going to make it as good as new. Then they also said the seal on the hood must be replaced and don't know when the part will arrived. I've asked for a new vin, giving them a few configurations I would take. Two days later, they gave me a new vin with the same exact configuration I have ordered. I asked how the new vin(car) became available, they said the trade in for that person didn't work out.
Interesting! I’ll have to ask when I go tomorrow. There really isn’t any reason for the car to sit for 6 days when it takes 2 hours for the inspection/software check.