Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used to live up there can't believe they don't have anything closer then mt kisco. That's like 300 miles don't you qualify for home delivery?
Didn't give me the option for home delivery when I initially ordered the car. Not sure if I could have added it after? But it would have been another $750 and prob would have had to wait an additional week as per the guy at the service center here.

Pay attention to where those VINs are headed. The pattern so far has been eastern orders with a few in the west. I expect the western orders to pick up in a week or so.

As above, look at the destination. He's in Florida and probably didn't make the cut for this quarter's eastern deliveries. So he'll probably get his in Q3's eastern wave. In contrast, the western wave for Q2 hasn't started yet, and your car will probably be part of that.

I have to say "probably" there because there's no way of knowing for sure, but that's the sort of pattern we've been seeing.
Gotchaaa I really hope so!! That’ll be awesome

Didn't give me the option for home delivery when I initially ordered the car. Not sure if I could have added it after? But it would have been another $750 and prob would have had to wait an additional week as per the guy at the service center here.
Well the good news is the car will essentially drive itself home on the way back

Are these the Matrix lights or the older ones? I’m not too certain on the difference, but everyone seems to find it pretty important, so wanted to find out.

Attachments

• F0A2D8F6-8C73-441A-8D09-25D0BF36A2F1.jpeg
    F0A2D8F6-8C73-441A-8D09-25D0BF36A2F1.jpeg
    649.8 KB · Views: 98
Are these the Matrix lights or the older ones? I’m not too certain on the difference, but everyone seems to find it pretty important, so wanted to find out.
Matrix. Note the eyeball in the corner.

The matrix headlights have the ability to selectively turn off parts of the beam so that oncoming traffic isn't blinded. I think it also can do beam steering to point the beam in the direction that the car is turning. This works great for winding roads. Note that Tesla has to write software to make those sorts of things happen, and there's no word on when they might do that.

Last edited:
Pay attention to where those VINs are headed. The pattern so far has been eastern orders with a few in the west. I expect the western orders to pick up in a week or so.

As above, look at the destination. He's in Florida and probably didn't make the cut for this quarter's eastern deliveries. So he'll probably get his in Q3's eastern wave. In contrast, the western wave for Q2 hasn't started yet, and your car will probably be part of that.

I have to say "probably" there because there's no way of knowing for sure, but that's the sort of pattern we've been seeing.
Any Intel on Midwest orders?

Any Intel on Midwest orders?
"Eastern" orders are shipped by rail to Chicago, Illinois and Birmingham, Alabama, then sent by truck to their final destination. "Western" orders are sent by truck from the Fremont, California area. As you're in Illinois, you're an "eastern" location, and I believe they're finishing the eastern wave now and getting ready to start on the western. This is less direct intelligence from any source so much as a general observation after watching things for a couple quarters.

Be sure to put your order details into your forum signature so we can help set expectations (and avoid repeated posts of that information). In general, trust your first estimated delivery date. They have been accurate. That said, I think Tesla is making some rather lengthy EDDs these days. The web site is quoting four month windows. I guess Tesla is trying to leave themselves some room to maneuver.