Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you delay until after June, your delivery will go to late August or September... just thought I make sure you are aware of that.
I would get everything complete and let your Sales Advisor know the earliest date you would accept delivery, they will likely put your order on hold until July 1st.
If you will be applying for a loan then I would hold off on setting it up right now as they loan offer will be available for 30-60 days after which they will run your credit again. It happened to me. I would wait a little longer.

Reactions: Matt35
If you delay until after June, your delivery will go to late August or September... just thought I make sure you are aware of that.
I would get everything complete and let your Sales Advisor know the earliest date you would accept delivery, they will likely put your order on hold until July 1st.
Ok thanks for that info. Aug/Sept works for me if it means I can collect the $5K rebate coming back to NJ in July (details still unknown though).
Only real question is on the financing piece. It wants me to select how much down, the term, etc...Will I be able to edit that all easily later or do I need to really figure that out now?
Edit - I just saw madmax answered my question when I was typing this. Thanks!

Model 3 - LR - AWD - White - White interior - Aero Wheels.
Delivery estimate 6/8-6/28.
Initially placed the order 3/27 and they had a vehicle ready, but I pushed back the date and now I have to wait until June
(Took vehicle off hold 4/1). Oh well, at least I will have time to get the home charging set up!
What are the chances it can be reader sooner?

today.. i finally got something different when i hit refresh on my order overview. an estimated delivery date.
ordered march 28th, and today (april 6th), it said

Estimated Delivery: June 02 - June 22​

no vin. just the time frame.

*edited to correct dates

Last edited:
When did you order?
It’s been a bit drawn out for us
Ordered 2 M3’s in November 2020, put on hold until 1/2/21
Blue/White picked up early in March, absolutly love it, but it’s the Wife’s car. :). lol
Black/White rejected 3/18 due to bad(real bad) drivers side panel alignment
Service Center shipped a car from Chicago to St. Louis and we went to pick it up on 3/27 only to find out it had black interior instead of white...
So reject #2... and now I wait for “my” car. lol

It’s been a bit drawn out for us
Ordered 2 M3’s in November 2020, put on hold until 1/2/21
Blue/White picked up early in March, absolutly love it, but it’s the Wife’s car. :). lol
Black/White rejected 3/18 due to bad(real bad) drivers side panel alignment
Service Center shipped a car from Chicago to St. Louis and we went to pick it up on 3/27 only to find out it had black interior instead of white...
So reject #2... and now I wait for “my” car. lol
That’s right. Ouch. My SA just replied to me. He isn’t expecting any deliveries for the month of April.

Reactions: tstolze
I ordered my car on 4/1, est delivery is June.
The brief backstory: Coming off a Nissan Leaf lease, buyout early. Dealing with Carmax and was not sure until when I went to deliver the car to them to buy out the lease and give me the difference that the deal would work. It did.
I kick myself for not snagging an Inventory car at the end of March, I just did not want to have 2 cars at the same time, but I was totally stupid not to snag one end of March and if the deal with Carmax did not work out, then I would just be out the $100. Stupid me. What makes it more painful is if Tesla delivery in the first month of the quarter does not go to the US, then we will see no Inventory in April.

I ordered my car on 4/1, est delivery is June.
The brief backstory: Coming off a Nissan Leaf lease, buyout early. Dealing with Carmax and was not sure until when I went to deliver the car to them to buy out the lease and give me the difference that the deal would work. It did.
I kick myself for not snagging an Inventory car at the end of March, I just did not want to have 2 cars at the same time, but I was totally stupid not to snag one end of March and if the deal with Carmax did not work out, then I would just be out the $100. Stupid me. What makes it more painful is if Tesla delivery in the first month of the quarter does not go to the US, then we will see no Inventory in April.
Most likely you won’t see your car until June. End of May would be the earliest.

today.. i finally got something different when i hit refresh on my order overview. an estimated delivery date.
ordered march 28th, and today (april 6th), it said

Estimated Delivery: June 02 - June 22​

no vin. just the time frame.

*edited to correct dates

Morning folks. Seems like everyday, the estimated delivery date changes.
Todays estimated delivery day is now
May 25th - June 14th. I know this isn't a guaranteed date, but for a first time buyer, its a nice boost of morale 😀.

Perhaps see if yours also had changed to an earlier date? Hoping we all get ours soon.

Good day

Morning folks. Seems like everyday, the estimated delivery date changes.
Todays estimated delivery day is now
May 25th - June 14th. I know this isn't a guaranteed date, but for a first time buyer, its a nice boost of morale 😀.

Perhaps see if yours also had changed to an earlier date? Hoping we all get ours soon.

Good day
Mine has also changed today.
Ordered on 4/1
New delivery window May 24-June 13

Model 3 - LR - AWD - White - White interior - Aero Wheels.
Delivery estimate 6/8-6/28.
Initially placed the order 3/27 and they had a vehicle ready, but I pushed back the date and now I have to wait until June
(Took vehicle off hold 4/1). Oh well, at least I will have time to get the home charging set up!
What are the chances it can be reader sooner?
update just got assigned a VIN!

I took delivery this morning of a 2021 LR AWD Blue/Black. On Saturday we agreed to a delivery window of 10:00-12:00, the guy called at 10:05 to confirm my address. He drove up 11 minutes later which is legitimately how long the drive would take if he left right away, so +1 for that experience. Unfortunately it was drizzling when he pulled up so hard to look over paint. The only thing I could see wrong was a wee scratch in the front passenger door handle that he acknowledged.

Timeline:
3/26/21: ordered
4/1/21: received delivery estimate of 6/8 - 6/28
4/3/21: received call of "we have a car", had a VIN 15 minutes later
4/7/21: happy

I took delivery this morning of a 2021 LR AWD Blue/Black. On Saturday we agreed to a delivery window of 10:00-12:00, the guy called at 10:05 to confirm my address. He drove up 11 minutes later which is legitimately how long the drive would take if he left right away, so +1 for that experience. Unfortunately it was drizzling when he pulled up so hard to look over paint. The only thing I could see wrong was a wee scratch in the front passenger door handle that he acknowledged.

Timeline:
3/26/21: ordered
4/1/21: received delivery estimate of 6/8 - 6/28
4/3/21: received call of "we have a car", had a VIN 15 minutes later
4/7/21: happy
Tuna, congrats to you! Wow that was fast.
Did some random person call you to tell you they had a car or was it a sales associate you were working with?