Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Such a bummer :( I ordered April 1st without doing any research on end of-quarter deliveries. I had been seeing the quick delivery times for a month and expected them to remain the same. What a surprise when I saw 9-13 weeks delivery time when I went to order! If I had only known...

I am also picking my car up in NJ although I live in Northern New Hampshire — Tesla can deliver the car to you but I figured I'd get it more quickly by picking it up at a place that takes a lot of deliveries (Springfield

Same for me

Order date: 4/1 (AWD-LR, white/black, 18"), a cookie cutter model
Delivery window: 5/24 to 6/13.
I think it changed once since I placed the order, about a week ago, nothing since.
I reached out to my SA, she said she is checking with the operations people on a firm date, but I don't believe any of it. The SA's are just guessing.
I asked her to look out for me for an Inventory car, but they see the listings the same time that we do which are almost none right now.

Was on the fence but placed my order for M3 LR white on black interior when the interior soft refresh (wood trim on doors) was announced (4/10). Current estimate is May 31 - June 20. Can I tell the delivery center that I want to make 100% sure that my VIN has the interior soft refresh? I assume I would have to do that before I'm assigned a VIN.
What’s the wood trim soft update?

Was on the fence but placed my order for M3 LR white on black interior when the interior soft refresh (wood trim on doors) was announced (4/10). Current estimate is May 31 - June 20. Can I tell the delivery center that I want to make 100% sure that my VIN has the interior soft refresh? I assume I would have to do that before I'm assigned a VIN.
There's a better than 95% chance you'll get the refreshed interior with the wood trim, as your vehicle hasn't even been built yet. Your advisor or delivery center can look up your specific vehicle build to confirm, but that cannot be done until you have been assigned a VIN. As soon as you see a VIN, reach out to your SA, and they can look at the build sheet in their system. At least that was my experience when I ordered and was assigned a VIN (wanted to make sure I had a heated steering wheel).

If for some reason your assigned VIN doesn't have the wood trim on doors, and it's really important to you, then you can always reject or ask to be unmatched with that VIN, and you'll go to the back of the queue (i.e. another several weeks wait).

Reactions: ayyitsjames
Hi everyone! Here a newbie from Madrid, Spain. Waiting for my M3 LR white Aero 18" white. No extras or add-ons. Order was placed on April, 6th. Supposed to be delivered on May (no exact date or range, but I was told "probably last days of that month"). I don't even have VIN or any other data than the order number. So excited about it and willing to know if it will have the new headlights, tail lights and the new doors panels with the wood insertions. Hope so!
Excuse my english, it's not my native language, but I promise to do my best! :)
I made a mistake un the description of the car. Sorry. It is white paint and black interior. No VIN assigned yet and still only “May” without dates. Glovis Cosmos at SFO port since two days ago.

would this only apply to black interior?
No, black/white interior as well
9B61566D-22A0-4358-B40C-0092169C9A8C.jpeg

Aaaand we’re back to June 6 - June 20

Ordered M3 LR white on black / 19" on 04/11 and current Estimated Delivery: June 02 - June 30. When would be the ideal time to submit the credit app/ shop for finance?
I am wondering why people order the 19” wheels? They are $1,000 more than the 18” wheels. Is it because you do not like the aero hubs with the 18” wheels? You can easily remove those ugly aero hubs and you have a beautiful rim now exposed and for anywhere from $20 to $70 dollars you can cover the lugs and center hole with a wheel kit. I know the aero hubs help range efficiency but the 19” have no such feature so you lost that.