Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that....however it doesn't detect the phone for access. BUT...when we hit the unlock button on either phone...it unlocks....so it "knows" the phone is available but will not unlock.

I will do some troubleshooting tonight and tomorrow.
Sounds like you don't have the phone key set up at all. So you're unlocking it via cellular/ WiFi through the phone app.

That was @Mob Dee's point; Tesla knows better. Other vision-based parking systems show a 360 view of the car's environment from above. That's an image calculated from the car's cameras and I think that it's superior to the distance indicators. Tesla may be going in that direction. In FSD Beta, when you park, you are shown an overhead view of the parking space and the cars around you. It's stylized like all of Tesla's driving visualizations, but it's more useful than the proximity stuff. If they keep working on that, with the synthesized view, it'll be pretty awesome.

I give Tesla a lot of slack for one reason: they're using their money to build the business. It's not going into executive bonuses or share buybacks and dividends. So they aren't "pocketing the money" and turning it over to people who are already wealthy. They're investing it back into the business. When Tesla turns into another money grab for the rich, that's when I turn on Tesla.
Bottom line is, don't take a feature away from me unless you have a working replacement. Develop auto park with cameras first, test it, and THEN remove the sensors. There is no explanation that is satisfactory to me that an EV should not include a charging plug! Tesla should tread very lightly at this point, because these two instances are nothing more than a money grab, and they will begin to lose market share.

There is no explanation that is satisfactory to me that an EV should not include a charging plug! Tesla should tread very lightly at this point, because these two instances are nothing more than a money grab, and they will begin to lose market share.

They ask you during checkout to choose your charging equipment.

Screenshot_20221005-211043-552.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Andrometer4
Keep on drinkin' that Elon koolaid!!
What you call Kool aid, I call common sense.

And for those who already have ultra sonic sensors, they will continue to have them functioning and will not lose any features. It's only the new cars that won't ship with USS that will temporarily miss out on certain FSD features.

Thus, for those of us who get the new cars, we didn't lose any features, because... wait for it... we never had them to begin with.

Once Tesla has brought said "missing" features to cars that never had them, only then will they disable the sensors in existing cars, and guess what? You will still have the "missing" features that were never missing. Cheers!

Bottom line is, don't take a feature away from me unless you have a working replacement. Develop auto park with cameras first, test it, and THEN remove the sensors. There is no explanation that is satisfactory to me that an EV should not include a charging plug! Tesla should tread very lightly at this point, because these two instances are nothing more than a money grab, and they will begin to lose market share.
Tesla sells every car they make, for every customer that leaves, there's another 10 behind them. :cool:

Teslas behaviour is still like a start-up mentality - bring a half-baked product that's good enough to get something out there, because if they waited, by the time they release the fully finished product, someone else will have gotten something to market first and beaten them to the punch.

@Andrometer4, we're not friends anymore.

Tesla is *guaranteed* to lose market share... they sold like 75% of all EVs in the US, and other manufacturers are just getting started. Not to mention that Tesla is in the premium price category.

You're just not making any sense. I want my veterinarian Barbie back, and I'm *not* coming to your birthday party next Wednesday.
boo hoo

Keep on drinkin' that Elon koolaid!!
There are two debates here right now:

The sensor debate is definitely a legit one and its hard to argue that it isn't being rolled out poorly at the moment. ( didn't say it wouldn't be useful or better one day just the roll out is poor)

But for the mobile charger, common. It can't be justified. I never understood this rabid devotion to a company. Like yes Tesla can do stuff just to save a buck (or make an extra buck) companies are in it for the money. Its not a big deal and I've accepted it. Doesn't make me hate tesla. But really to then walk around justifying it for Tesla as some supply chain thing or to help the needy get a charger or some other nonsense is really taking it to next level

I think the real problem here is that some people on here can't really afford a Tesla to begin with, so when they see Tesla taking things away that used to come standard, their sphincter grows tighter and they call foul.

This is not about Tesla the company finding ways to fleece the sheep. They can do that more efficiently by raising the price of the car.

No, this is about people who probably can't afford the car to begin with and so really feel like Tesla is penny pinching them.

I think the real problem here is that some people on here can't really afford a Tesla to begin with, so when they see Tesla taking things away that used to come standard, their sphincter grows tighter and they call foul.

This is not about Tesla the company finding ways to fleece the sheep. They can do that more efficiently by raising the price of the car.

No, this is about people who probably can't afford the car to begin with and so really feel like Tesla is penny pinching them.
Just bought a brand new LR and got it last month. Decided to pay the whole thing in cash along with a few add ons. Still not happy Tesla took away the license plate. Got lucky to get the voucher for the mobile charger but still think it is a poor move overall to d/c it with new cars. Glad to have gotten US sensors on my car. I love the car (think it can use some improvements though) and might buy tesla again in the future but still can disagree with some of their business moves and/or feel they are "fleecing the sheep".

At this point I can't tell if you are trying to troll but clearly this conversation is going nowhere and I'm not going to contribute to it anymore.

Thanks for the proctology exam, but I've owned 4 Tesla's to date, thank you very much. BTW you're very crass. Nice table manners.

Just bought a brand new LR and got it last month. Decided to pay the whole thing in cash along with a few add ons. Still not happy Tesla took away the license plate. Got lucky to get the voucher for the mobile charger but still think it is a poor move overall to d/c it with new cars. Glad to have gotten US sensors on my car. I love the car (think it can use some improvements though) and might buy tesla again in the future but still can disagree with some of their business moves and/or feel they are "fleecing the sheep".

At this point I can't tell if you are trying to troll but clearly this conversation is going nowhere and I'm not going to contribute to it anymore.
ditto!

And I'm glad you agree with me. Contributing complaint after complaint is not very helpful to anyone.

Let's stick to what this thread is really about. The ordering and delivery process.

I'm sure Tesla has a customer service email you can lodge all your complaints with.