Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super frustrating to see people who ordered 2 weeks ago get VINs and delivery dates in other states when its been 2 months for me (Oct.3) and I'm still in the dark! :mad: I just spoke with a SA (Los Angeles) and she told me it'll be a least another 2-3 weeks before they'll get any cars. WTF??! This has been a pretty bad experience so far.

Super frustrating to see people who ordered 2 weeks ago get VINs and delivery dates in other states when its been 2 months for me (Oct.3) and I'm still in the dark! :mad: I just spoke with a SA (Los Angeles) and she told me it'll be a least another 2-3 weeks before they'll get any cars. WTF??! This has been a pretty bad experience so far.

not sure how long you've been following/tracking tesla from "build" to "delivery" to "in the driveway"

but its ALWAYS like this....

first batch from Fremont goto Europe, then they will start to trickle in the east coast, and finally work their way west

there will be a huge influx of deliveries the last weeks of the fiscal quarter

yea, i know it doesn't seem "fair" since we ordered in early october but "this is the way"

if you really don't want to wait for a traditional tesla build process, you can always order the last weeks of any quarter and literally pick it up in days (check inventory button)

not sure how long you've been following/tracking tesla from "build" to "delivery" to "in the driveway"

but its ALWAYS like this....

first batch from Fremont goto Europe, then they will start to trickle in the east coast, and finally work their way west

there will be a huge influx of deliveries the last weeks of the fiscal quarter

yea, i know it doesn't seem "fair" since we ordered in early october but "this is the way"

if you really don't want to wait for a traditional tesla build process, you can always order the last weeks of any quarter and literally pick it up in days (check inventory button)

I am pretty new to the "Tesla community"....but I have read about the west coast being the last to get shipments. I was fine waiting a few extra weeks...but at this point it just seems bonkers to have to wait 6-8 weeks longer than other customers for the same product and I'm a few hundred miles from the factory. Not to mention that I haven't been contacted since October and my account says I should expect delivery in 4 days but I have no VIN number. Sigh. I intentionally waited to buy a Tesla hoping these kinda growing pains would be worked out by now....o_O

Reactions: jawnly211
My SA let me take a pic of his screen. Got the vin today, he said it’ll arrive at the service center in 12/17 and to expect to pick it up a few days later :D

Attachments

• 8422BE83-C56B-4247-BF9B-2410A3E7AD3E.jpeg
    8422BE83-C56B-4247-BF9B-2410A3E7AD3E.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 102
So I’ve had my red 2021 LR nearly 2 weeks and oh my, what a weapon of a car!! So fast, great handling, looks amazing and gets so much interest and so many compliments.

Here with stick on reg and winter wheels

Attachments

• 8181D3AC-9F4A-45D0-882F-C172F46C74D3.jpeg
    8181D3AC-9F4A-45D0-882F-C172F46C74D3.jpeg
    672.7 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Mark57
So I’ve had my red 2021 LR nearly 2 weeks and oh my, what a weapon of a car!! So fast, great handling, looks amazing and gets so much interest and so many compliments.

Here with stick on reg and winter wheels

Congrats on the beautiful car. Too bad Tesla installed the steering wheel on the wrong side. Build quality has really taken a turn for the worst. . I jest, clearly I'm jealous.

Reactions: Pemple
I am pretty new to the "Tesla community"....but I have read about the west coast being the last to get shipments. I was fine waiting a few extra weeks...but at this point it just seems bonkers to have to wait 6-8 weeks longer than other customers for the same product and I'm a few hundred miles from the factory. Not to mention that I haven't been contacted since October and my account says I should expect delivery in 4 days but I have no VIN number. Sigh. I intentionally waited to buy a Tesla hoping these kinda growing pains would be worked out by now....o_O

You’re still not getting it.

Doesn’t matter when you order. If you’re in the west coast you’re taking Delivery end of quarter. Unless there happens to be inventory ( which there isn’t atm).

There’s nothing about this process that is out of the ordinary from years past, nor is it growing pains.

Reactions: adregia

Doesn’t matter when you order. If you’re in the west coast you’re taking Delivery end of quarter. Unless there happens to be inventory ( which there isn’t atm).

There’s nothing about this process that is out of the ordinary from years past, nor is it growing pains.
Exactly. The cars are shipped overseas in such a way that everyone receives their car at roughly the same time.

Sure random internet person:rolleyes:.... For one with your logic I wouldn't get my car until the end of January which A) isn't happening, and B) would be such an absurd logistical strategy for any company, particularly a company where a huge chunk of their cars are sold on the west coast, and C) there are people on the west coast actively getting 2021 models right now!

I'm not denying they may prioritize deliveries based on region but its not a hard rule to the effect of delaying all west coast shipments until they've fulfilled other regions aka...have surplus inventory.

Sure random internet person:rolleyes:.... For one with your logic I wouldn't get my car until the end of January which A) isn't happening, and B) would be such an absurd logistical strategy for any company, particularly a company where a huge chunk of their cars are sold on the west coast, and C) there are people on the west coast actively getting 2021 models right now!

I'm not denying they may prioritize deliveries based on region but its not a hard rule to the effect of delaying all west coast shipments until they've fulfilled other regions aka...have surplus inventory.

Assumptions. We all know the saying.

Not to worry this is normal. Not growing pains rather demand outstrips supply. In order to deliver as many cars in the quarter and try to hit the quarter-Europe is produced and shipped first, the switch to USA spec car and get those moving to east coast. Since west coast is closest to factory those are built last unless they are already making the variant for other area and push out a few closer. This is simply logistics. Three years ago my MS was built early dec and delivered the 15th. Same with MY 9/30 and M3 12/13

Think I ordered 10/14, recd text 2-5 more weeks the other day. Finally VIN today with delivery window updated for first time to 12/13-19 (original was 11-18 to 12-9).

M3 AWD MSM black 18" Dedham MA

that’s the other thing us CA folk have to keep in mind. Take RaeChris for example..... VIN today with estimated delivery 12/13-12/19. His car is being trucked across the entire country. Many of us are picking our M3’s up directly in Fremont, or they have a much shorter distance to travel. We will probably have a very quick delivery date after we receive vins......... I would hope anyway!

• Love
Reactions: trentt2023
Super bummed, ordered 10/23.... My delivery is unmoved. Still 12/5-12/31... No Vin. No contact.
A friend of mine ordered with my referral code 11/6 and already has a VIN & scheduled delivery.. I'm thinking it's a color thing, she got black and I got the midnight Silver... but still bummed. Is anybody thinking of pushing back delivery if its close to end of the year in hopes they bring back the $7500 tax credit in the US as is rumored?
Someone I don't know somehow randomly used my referral code and already received delivery. I don't have a Vin yet...

Checked my account for the tenth time today and just saw a VIN!!!!
Ordered Sept. 4 ( asked for a Dec, delivery and lucked out with the refresh!)
Finalized finance 11/1
No delivery date since Sept. Still none listed.
No email, no text, ever!
LR AWD White on White FSD 19” wheels
South Florida
Calling my SA in the AM!!

Update: Delivery date listed 12/10-12/16. Still no MVPA and no texts or emails. Getting close!