Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow ! That's rude... My original pick-up was 6/29 and yesterday they said that i can pick up today 6/28 at 6PM.. I'll be super bummed if they hit me with the "oh it's delayed"
Congrats on getting the car early!

I am super bummed right now though. Like super super bummed. Thank god I had not flown in, or was driving four hours to pick it up. I am just hoping that the car is in good condition when I go to pick it up.

Reactions: Ace777
Wow ! That's rude... My original pick-up was 6/29 and yesterday they said that i can pick up today 6/28 at 6PM.. I'll be super bummed if they hit me with the "oh it's delayed"
Yeah, rude is right. Come on Tesla, get it together!!! It really isn't that difficult. I will gladly become the head of your QC and delivery customer experience for about $500k/yr, and 5000 stock options a year as well. Otherwise, not worth my time/effort.

With that said, they called and wanted me to pick mine up early as well, couldn't. But they keep saying it is ready and there? Now the QC check....moment of trust in 2hrs.

Funny, the app now lets me go further, and it keeps trying to "wake" the car. But it isn't waking...hmm....guess that "Accept Delivery" thing might keep your app from really working.

Any guidance on how to interpret this text from area code 510. Ordered 5-31 Northern VA and this is my first text. Account shows 7-11 week estimate. Tesla Update - We are excited for you to be one step closer to your Tesla delivery. We are currently waiting on a vin number to be assigned to your account.

Reactions: JoJa15
UGH!!! So - when I was matched with a car in production on Saturday, I was told it would be ready in 1-3 days for pickup. I have a delivery appointment tomorrow in Rocklin between 9am-6pm, but have had radio silence ever since. I just called to find out what the status was on my car and they said the notes on my account show that it was still in Fremont with "service repairs" being done. Whatever that means?!?! Luckily the person I talked to was very nice and said they'd get back to me as soon as they talked to the team in Fremont to see what the story was.

UGH!!! So - when I was matched with a car in production on Saturday, I was told it would be ready in 1-3 days for pickup. I have a delivery appointment tomorrow in Rocklin between 9am-6pm, but have had radio silence ever since. I just called to find out what the status was on my car and they said the notes on my account show that it was still in Fremont with "service repairs" being done. Whatever that means?!?! Luckily the person I talked to was very nice and said they'd get back to me as soon as they talked to the team in Fremont to see what the story was.
At least you can talk with someone. When I try calling my SC's number it sends me to a mailbox and it says "mailbox full"...
Now that the shock has worn off I am wondering what happens. It would have been nice if they had given me a new scheduled time.

Reactions: hcdavis3
At least you can talk with someone. When I try calling my SC's number it sends me to a mailbox and it says "mailbox full"...
Now that the shock has worn off I am wondering what happens. It would have been nice if they had given me a new scheduled time.
Yea - my SA's VM was full, so I went to the sales option and someone actually picked up.

Speaking of shock - being told that the car you were promised in 1-3 days 2 days ago is still being worked on for service repairs kinda puts a pit in my stomach! Makes it sound like it was rejected by someone else, but they are telling me that it was still in production... something doesn't seem to be adding up. But if that is the case, hopefully if it did have issues, they are able to fix everything before it gets to me!

Check the Delivery Appointment section (under RN and VIN) in your account to see if you have a new scheduled time. When mine was delayed, I saw the new time/date there.

Yea - my SA's VM was full, so I went to the sales option and someone actually picked up.

Speaking of shock - being told that the car you were promised in 1-3 days 2 days ago is still being worked on for service repairs kinda puts a pit in my stomach! Makes it sound like it was rejected by someone else, but they are telling me that it was still in production... something doesn't seem to be adding up. But if that is the case, hopefully if it did have issues, they are able to fix everything before it gets to me!
Yeah I totally agree. Made me wonder why my car was delayed a couple days. I really hope that whatever they are doing to your car is minor i.e. replacing a part for a like part and nothing more than that. We paid good money for our cars and should receive new ones not repaired ones.

Reactions: greymatter73

My head is still in a dark space from the delay but I am slowly coming out of it. When my SC called me they said they were backed up for service inspections, software updates etc. Maybe your car is in "service" for the same things. It needs software updates and they just called it service repairs? Maybe the panels were out of alignment like some people get on delivery, and they are trying to correct those before delivery? I am really hoping it is just minor stuff like that.

Reactions: greymatter73
So another odd point to my saga. When I checked my account to see if my scheduled delivery day had changed it asked me to approve my loan documents again. I had already done that a couple days ago. Now I am wondering if anything changed or if they bounced the status on it? Kind of odd that happened.

My head is still in a dark space from the delay but I am slowly coming out of it. When my SC called me they said they were backed up for service inspections, software updates etc. Maybe your car is in "service" for the same things. It needs software updates and they just called it service repairs? Maybe the panels were out of alignment like some people get on delivery, and they are trying to correct those before delivery? I am really hoping it is just minor stuff like that.
That’s exactly what I’ve talked myself into! Hoping they’re taking care of some panel alignment and software issues… Still waiting on a callback. If I don’t hear back in the next couple hours, I’ll call them back. With my delivery appointment scheduled for tomorrow between 9 AM and 6 PM, I need that to get narrowed it down because I’ve got a very busy schedule!