Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just completed the first step and ordered the M3. Can't wait for the process to start and get the delivery date.

Ordered 6/28: Model 3 AWD LR Red 19" Wheels, Black Interior
They’re so cute when they’re freshman.
In all seriousness, EDD is never to be taken seriously / but the trends in this thread (and end of the quarter) never lie

Just completed the first step and ordered the M3. Can't wait for the process to start and get the delivery date.

Ordered 6/28: Model 3 AWD LR Red 19" Wheels, Black Interior
I remember when I was THIS full of hope and optimism! Like 83 days ago, back before I was worn down to the point of resorting to changing my profile pic to pay tribute to the genetically engineered squirrel who controls the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) in hopes that it would increase my chance for a VIN! Spoiler alert: It worked! Not only for me but for others. And STILL 2 days away from (scheduled) delivery. 🤞

@JoJa15, you're right. Future quarter people are going to wonder what we were on in Q2'21!

Resized_20210628_194851.jpg

Took delivery today! The car was perfect! As soon as I got on the freeway and overtook everyone with highway to hell in the background all the waiting was instantly worth it. I named it Voyager (named after USS Voyager from Star Trek).

I remember when I was THIS full of hope and optimism! Like 83 days ago, back before I was worn down to the point of resorting to changing my profile pic to pay tribute to the genetically engineered squirrel who controls the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) in hopes that it would increase my chance for a VIN! Spoiler alert: It worked! Not only for me but for others. And STILL 2 days away from (scheduled) delivery. 🤞

@JoJa15, you're right. Future quarter people are going to wonder what we were on in Q2'21!
Being so close after so long, I feel like like this... And I'm sure some us know what happened to Red Leader after he was "Almost There". 😳 But maybe after delivery I'll have A New Hope. 😜

almost-there.jpg

It really does feel like the end of a high school year with seniors graduating and the freshmen showing up for orientation. My advice for the freshmen, it’s going to be a long strange trip.

Hey y'all, gotta do my part here and post my EDD's (have been lurking :) ). Apologies in advance to those who waited waaaaay longer!
FWIW, I was told (a couple days after ordering) that if I applied for my loan, I would get prioritized.

(Located in LA)
Order Date: 06/07/21, VIN: 06/27, DD: 6/30

Didn't keep too much track, but i'll list my EDD's from memory (take with a grain of salt):
- Order page showed 2-11 weeks
- 2-11 weeks
- 6/20-6/30
- 6/22-6/30
- 7/04-7/20
- Some week range (2-11 or 7-9?)
- 6/29-6/30
- Home delivery set to 6/30

Rough estimate of how it went.

M3LR, White/Black, Aero, No FSD

I woke up so excited this morning to take delivery but then my heart was broken when an hour before my delivery appointment Tesla called and said that my delivery could not be made and was delayed until the 30th or later. It was like I was water boarded. I was ready to give up. Take me, I will tell you whatever you want.

Then later that afternoon I got a call, sir you can come pick up your car at 4pm. I was so crushed from the let down this morning that I did not trust it. It is like some random guard opening your cell door and saying, "you are free to go". You do not know if you can get excited and run out or is it a trick and they will beat you back down the second you make a run for it. I did not get excited until I had inspected the car. I was prepared for all kinds of problems and could not find any that would bother me. I finally let myself get excited as I drove off the lot. I made my way onto the on ramp and punched it!!!! I WAS FREE!!!!!! I ran with that car as fast as I could. My face turned to a huge grin as my head was thrust backwards. I am in love!

And here she is:
IMG_1553.JPG

oh and if you think Andrew the Squirrel was done with me no he was not. He left this as a parting shot on my drive home. Fortunately it was just on the roof glass and wiped off easily. :)
IMG_1562.JPG

For all of you still waiting to take delivery stay strong. You will get beat down, you will want to give up, but don't! The car is worth the wait!

Hey y'all, gotta do my part here and post my EDD's (have been lurking :) ). Apologies in advance to those who waited waaaaay longer!
FWIW, I was told (a couple days after ordering) that if I applied for my loan, I would get prioritized.

(Located in LA)
Order Date: 06/07/21, VIN: 06/27, DD: 6/30

Didn't keep too much track, but i'll list my EDD's from memory (take with a grain of salt):
- Order page showed 2-11 weeks
- 2-11 weeks
- 6/20-6/30
- 6/22-6/30
- 7/04-7/20
- Some week range (2-11 or 7-9?)
- 6/29-6/30
- Home delivery set to 6/30

Rough estimate of how it went.

M3LR, White/Black, Aero, No FSD
1623876091696.png

But seriously, congrats!

Reactions: stEVe91941
OK so I finally got the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The car was in great condition. Only 4 miles on it. The only problem I could find was a little smudge on the inside or scrape on the inside of the passenger headlight. It is really minor and only visible in light in a certain direction. It also looked like someone mowed a grass field right next to the car lol but I did not worry about that. I figured the hay in the seems of the window would blow away on my first acceleration!!! Oh and does this baby accelerate!!! I forgot how strong it pulled at any speed. Awesome car love it! I will right up a more detailed post with my order to deliver experience to hopefully help out those that are waiting. Pictures will come in that post too.
Woohoo!!!!!!

Reactions: stEVe91941
I woke up so excited this morning to take delivery but then my heart was broken when an hour before my delivery appointment Tesla called and said that my delivery could not be made and was delayed until the 30th or later. It was like I was water boarded. I was ready to give up. Take me, I will tell you whatever you want.

Then later that afternoon I got a call, sir you can come pick up your car at 4pm. I was so crushed from the let down this morning that I did not trust it. It is like some random guard opening your cell door and saying, "you are free to go". You do not know if you can get excited and run out or is it a trick and they will beat you back down the second you make a run for it. I did not get excited until I had inspected the car. I was prepared for all kinds of problems and could not find any that would bother me. I finally let myself get excited as I drove off the lot. I made my way onto the on ramp and punched it!!!! I WAS FREE!!!!!! I ran with that car as fast as I could. My face turned to a huge grin as my head was thrust backwards. I am in love!

And here she is: View attachment 679123

oh and if you think Andrew the Squirrel was done with me no he was not. He left this as a parting shot on my drive home. Fortunately it was just on the roof glass and wiped off easily. :)
View attachment 679124

For all of you still waiting to take delivery stay strong. You will get beat down, you will want to give up, but don't! The car is worth the wait!
I have a feeling you're gonna spend all night playing with the settings, adding the accessories you bought while you were waiting for months, and oh yeah, coming up with a name for your car. I assume it won't be Andrew.

And here she is: View attachment 679123

View attachment 679124

That's freaking awesome! Funny, but true. I've said the same to those who have asked if I'm excited. I think I'm more nervously apprehensive at this point until I also get to punch it!

Great pic with the Golden Hour light too!

Freaking Andrew, just ALWAYS has to get in the last word!

That's freaking awesome! Funny, but true. I've said the same to those who have asked if I'm excited. I think I'm more nervously apprehensive at this point until I also get to punch it!

Great pic with the Golden Hour light too!

Freaking Andrew, just ALWAYS has to get in the last word!
Stay strong brother! All my prayers are with you. We have been in the trenches together. Your day is almost here and you will be FREE too!

Dude I know how you feel. It is like someone saying, hey just take a hit of this drug. It won't hurt you and you will love it! I am trying to resist but it is hard.
When I sold my beamer back in May (it seems so long ago with all this waiting), I immediately set aside some of it for acceleration boost. That's the main reason I didn't even go with the trade-in with Tesla. There's no way in hell I am going to rethink about it now. I am going to purchase it as soon as I get the car cause my brain's always going to itch if I didn't :)