Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 679477
Finally home safe and sound. I am very pleased to report that I've been through my entire checklist and I can't find a single issue with it. My demo gamble paid off! Already through the Orbital covers on before it goes in for tint/PPF/ceramic tomorrow morning.
Congrats dude!!!! Another Q2 graduate! Glad you got your car and it is perfect! Man I love those orbitals every time I see them. I am so close to buying a set for my white car. The only thing holding me back is can't someone just walk up and pull them off/steal them? $275 for something that can easily be stolen is holding me back. I go hiking sometimes so easy spot to steal. I guess I could remove them before going to hiking spots.

Reactions: id436eg9045
Congrats dude!!!! Another Q2 graduate! Glad you got your car and it is perfect! Man I love those orbitals every time I see them. I am so close to buying a set for my white car. The only thing holding me back is can't someone just walk up and pull them off/steal them? $275 for something that can easily be stolen is holding me back. I go hiking sometimes so easy spot to steal. I guess I could remove them before going to hiking spots.
Where are you hiking that you have to worry about people stealing your wheel covers?

Thanks man!

The center caps on the Orbitals lock in and you can’t remove the covers without taking them out. Without the right tools to remove the center caps the covers would just get damaged broken if someone tried to force it. That may or may not be more comforting. :)

So besides my smudge mark inside my passenger side headlight glass I noticed that my passenger side window makes a crackling/crunching sound when rolling down. All other windows sound fine and when I role the passenger side window up it sounds fine. I schedule a service appointment and it says a mobile guy will come out July 7 to service it.

Thanks man!

The center caps on the Orbitals lock in and you can’t remove the covers without taking them out. Without the right tools to remove the center caps the covers would just get damaged broken if someone tried to force it. That may or may not be more comforting. :)
Aren't there suction cup tools to remove the center caps? Something like this: Center cap removal tool
Not sure if that would work with the orbitals or not. Also I can't imagine thieves carrying something like that around with them, I do not see orbitals on Teslas that often and I live in CA where like every 5 minutes I see another Tesla drive by lol.

So I have no chance of getting one in July since I have not received a VIN yet? (I ordered on 6/11 LR AWD White/Black 18 wheels No FSD)
I ordered the same configuration except with white interior. I ordered in may. Just talked to my sa today and he gave me the bad news that there is a very real chance I’m looking at a September delivery now. ☠️

Where are you hiking that you have to worry about people stealing your wheel covers?
I live in the CA Bay Area. There are lots of sketchy people around here. If it is not locked down people try to steal it.
I am sure this happens everywhere but people use those glass breaking tools to break the model 3's rear small glass. They then unlatch the rear seat to fold it down and steal whatever is in the trunk area. I want to put a sticker there saying, "Nothing in trunk".

I ordered the same configuration except with white interior. I ordered in may. Just talked to my sa today and he gave me the bad news that there is a very real chance I’m looking at a September delivery now. ☠️
Oh no, I am sorry to hear that. Since you have white interior you may get your order sooner. In Q2 the white/black cars (mostly) seemed to come last. Cars that had upgrades (especially FSD) seemed to get delivered earlier. I would just assume it will come end of quarter so you are not let down. If it comes earlier you will be happy.

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that. Since you have white interior you may get your order sooner. In Q2 the white/black cars (mostly) seemed to come last. Cars that had upgrades (especially FSD) seemed to get delivered earlier. I would just assume it will come end of quarter so you are not let down. If it comes earlier you will be happy.
I’m LR, white/white 18” NO fsd

Reactions: JoJa15
Ordered our M3 LR AWD three weeks ago. Got an email last Sunday evening stating our car is ready to pick up. Called the sales team that stated that it needs to be delivered this Wednesday (6-30).... problem is we're on vacation at Lake Havasu. If we don't pick it up, we lose our deposit and start the process all over again, thanks for the advance heads up Tesla. So I came back to Orange County today pissed off

I'm happy we only had to wait 3 weeks, not having a few weeks notice to prepare is inexcusable.

Reactions: JoJa15
Ordered our M3 LR AWD three weeks ago. Got an email last Sunday evening stating our car is ready to pick up. Called the sales team that stated that it needs to be delivered this Wednesday (6-30).... problem is we're on vacation at Lake Havasu. If we don't pick it up, we lose our deposit and start the process all over again, thanks for the advance heads up Tesla. So I came back to Orange County today pissed off

I'm happy we only had to wait 3 weeks, not having a few weeks notice to prepare is inexcusable.
Why would you lose your deposit? I was told I could delay until December if I wanted to

My SA told me that and also that Colorado received cars once per quarter, so no matter what time you order it's pretty much coming a certain week at the end of the quarter.

I know I've seen mentioned of similar things from other people, so while it's probably not documented somewhere it's seems to be true
Doesn't parts of Europe get their stock from the China plant now?

Aren't there suction cup tools to remove the center caps? Something like this: Center cap removal tool
Not sure if that would work with the orbitals or not. Also I can't imagine thieves carrying something like that around with them, I do not see orbitals on Teslas that often and I live in CA where like every 5 minutes I see another Tesla drive by lol.
Yes indeed I’ve got a set of 2-inch suction cups for exactly that purpose.

We are in CA, about 15 miles from the Fremont factory and ordered a M3 LR Black/Black with FSD on 6/27. First the delivery date was between 7-11weeks, then it changed to 7/11-7/31. This afternoon I checked the order and got the prompt to confirm delivery with the change from Radar to Vision. I confirmed and a VIN was already assigned (million range) and the delivery date changed to 6/30 - 7/5!!! This all seem very fast to be true, but if we really take delivery in the next week, I am not complaining. :)