Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 679477
Finally home safe and sound. I am very pleased to report that I've been through my entire checklist and I can't find a single issue with it. My demo gamble paid off! Already through the Orbital covers on before it goes in for tint/PPF/ceramic tomorrow morning.

Thanks man!

The center caps on the Orbitals lock in and you can’t remove the covers without taking them out. Without the right tools to remove the center caps the covers would just get damaged broken if someone tried to force it. That may or may not be more comforting. :)
How did you make your Orbital cover's logo to show Tesla's "T" instead of the "R" from Rimetrix. I thought the cap it came with says "R" ? Good looking car btw.

People seem to be spending a boat load of money to do the ppf and various coatings, just out of curiosity how much does it cost just to repaint the whole car?

It's been a long time but I had a car painted once at a nice body shop for like $1200
I truly don’t know, but I wondered the same thing before going the PPF route….for me, the deciding factor was that paint wouldn’t hide/protect from the rock chips to the front of the car from my highway driving, or the damage around rockers I anticipate from New England salt and winters, so I went PPF. it didn’t sound like a full wrap later on would hide chips either.

Reactions: id436eg9045
I booked a mobile appointment for Friday to give myself a 4 day weekend. Tesla still has to review my service request so no idea what they'll do about the hood. I'm no mechanic but it looks like a new hood is in order to fix correctly, but I'm sure they'll mess it up more instead trying to fix it.
I pick mine up tomorrow. What was wrong with the hood?

Reactions: hcdavis3
Congrats!!! It will be a roller coaster but it is well worth it when you finally pick up the car!

While there is no scientific proof, if you add a tribute to Andrew the squirrel to your profile pic it will increase your odds of receiving the car sooner. I resisted but the day I changed my profile pic I got a VIN. Coincidence???
:D

We are in CA, about 15 miles from the Fremont factory and ordered a M3 LR Black/Black with FSD on 6/27. First the delivery date was between 7-11weeks, then it changed to 7/11-7/31. This afternoon I checked the order and got the prompt to confirm delivery with the change from Radar to Vision. I confirmed and a VIN was already assigned (million range) and the delivery date changed to 6/30 - 7/5!!! This all seem very fast to be true, but if we really take delivery in the next week, I am not complaining. :)
I'm confused.....if you didn't order until 6/27 why did you need to confirm the change from radar to vision? From Tesla Support:

"Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features. Customers who ordered before May 2021 and will receive a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change in their Tesla Account prior to delivery."

It doesn't make sense to me that they would make you confirm the change when they haven't offered radar since before May. 🤔

Doesn't look like that is the case. A youtuber has 2021.03.103 in his Model Y with FSD.
Oh. Looks like the new version is a more enabled version of TV. Let me tell you, MY version of TV is absolute garbage.

Attachments

• F5095684-DB3A-46F3-AF2E-33CCB19B6CEC.png
    F5095684-DB3A-46F3-AF2E-33CCB19B6CEC.png
    556.8 KB · Views: 68
I'm confused.....if you didn't order until 6/27 why did you need to confirm the change from radar to vision? From Tesla Support:

"Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features. Customers who ordered before May 2021 and will receive a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change in their Tesla Account prior to delivery."

It doesn't make sense to me that they would make you confirm the change when they haven't offered radar since before May. 🤔
I had to do the same thing when I got my VIN, having ordered June 5th.

Reactions: Fraz

I have honestly no idea. The prompt just showed up today, I confirmed and VIN and new delivery date showed as 6/30-7/5. Advisor texted that vehicle is in transport to Tesla service center and they are pushing for delivery tomorrow. That would be a record, our SR+ was order to delivery in 6 days.

Reactions: Fraz
I ordered the same configuration except with white interior. I ordered in may. Just talked to my sa today and he gave me the bad news that there is a very real chance I’m looking at a September delivery now. ☠️
Yup. Same here. Ordered May 23rd, LR W/W/18. Was told this past Sat that delivery can possibly be in September. This, after they told me at purchase that it would be late June delivery. Cancelled a Mach-E for this nonsense. :rolleyes:

Reactions: hcdavis3
People seem to be spending a boat load of money to do the ppf and various coatings, just out of curiosity how much does it cost just to repaint the whole car?

It's been a long time but I had a car painted once at a nice body shop for like $1200
I’ll try to explain my thinking, but I know these things aren’t for everyone.

I’m paying for the the PPF to prevent rock chips and minor to medium scratches. The self-healing properties of PPF mean not having to live with little things that annoy me. And replacing PPF on a single panel is a lot less trouble than getting enough of the car repainted to offset the color variance.

Ceramic isn’t really about paint protection in the same way. It’s more about making it easier to keep clean and improving a lasting shine. It’s the equivalent of wax but better and longer lasting. I like to keep a clean car so this is worth it to me.