Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if you did the tint/pfp/ceramic at TVP auto or someplace else? Car looks beautiful!
They were one of the places I got a quote from, but I ended up going with Royale Auto Salon in Apex. They've got a "trifecta" package that's Xpel PPF on the front (plus rocker panels), Xpel tint and ceramic for a nice price. They did a great job with my ride and Jerrell's crew worked late on Friday to make sure I'd have it before the holiday weekend really got started. Fully endorse.

Reactions: Midlifecrisis5
View attachment 681284View attachment 681285View attachment 681286View attachment 681287View attachment 681288View attachment 681289View attachment 681290

Post-graduation report: Just got it back from tint/PPF/ceramic yesterday morning. Spent most of the day driving places because driving this thing is now my hobby. My detailed inspection just before I dropped it off for the paint protection did find a few issues. One mis-aligned panel, one rear light with a gap and one interior trim piece that needs some attention. None of these are major issues for me and if they tell me to pound sand when I take it in on Tuesday I‘ll be okay. (Aside from that interior trim piece. It needs help.)

It drives like a dream and I’m very pleased with my decision to snag a mid-April build from existing inventory.

Looks really good. What percentage did you go with on the ceramic tint?

Where did you get yours? I checked out Abstract Ocean but they don’t have this particular design.

Picked up a vinyl pillar delete kit that I’m excited to put on, my current white car has this look and I don’t think I can do a white car without it anymore.

I’ve also been looking for a kit of the TESLA lettering to go on the trunk lid to replace the standard T logo, but no one seems to sell them anymore…?
Got these from Amazon. Report coming tomorrow on how they work!

Farmogo Car Door LED Logo Projector puddle lights Welcome Light Ghost Shadow for Tesla Model 3 Model S Model Y Model X Accessories(4 pack)

Reactions: Formina Sage
What’s your order date and config?
5/31, and stock as can be, white/black, aero, no FSD (fingers crossed on an enhanced autopilot release
View attachment 681284View attachment 681285View attachment 681286View attachment 681287View attachment 681288View attachment 681289View attachment 681290

Post-graduation report: Just got it back from tint/PPF/ceramic yesterday morning. Spent most of the day driving places because driving this thing is now my hobby. My detailed inspection just before I dropped it off for the paint protection did find a few issues. One mis-aligned panel, one rear light with a gap and one interior trim piece that needs some attention. None of these are major issues for me and if they tell me to pound sand when I take it in on Tuesday I‘ll be okay. (Aside from that interior trim piece. It needs help.)

It drives like a dream and I’m very pleased with my decision to snag a mid-April build from existing inventory.
looks great! did you tint the roof/back window as well? or, just the passenger windows?

It's interesting we're on the total opposite side of the country of each other, and all of our estimates still changed 7-11 weeks. There's no way it's not a default preset.. right?
This has been mentioned a few times earlier in the thread. It’s a placeholder used when the backend logistics system doesn’t actually have a proper date range for your delivery. The page defaults back to displaying the estimated time range used on any new orders.

• Informative
Reactions: 1LE McQueen
A service adviser told me a few months back that Tesla makes Model 3s in Fremont for export for the first 2 months of each quarter and then makes US-bound ones in the last month of each quarter. Does anybody know if that is still the case? I know that Shanghai is now exporting to Europe, at the very least, so I'm wondering if the Fremont plan is still exporting.

Here is an interesting tidbit:
I picked up my car at the Carlsbad CA Service/Delivery Center on 7/2. They sent me a text that morning at 10 AM or so saying my car had come in. I’m looking at the factory tag on the driver’s door and it lists the date of manufacture as 07/2021. So that means it had to be built on 7/1, loaded on the transport truck, and delivered by 10 AM on the 2nd. Amazing!

A service adviser told me a few months back that Tesla makes Model 3s in Fremont for export for the first 2 months of each quarter and then makes US-bound ones in the last month of each quarter. Does anybody know if that is still the case? I know that Shanghai is now exporting to Europe, at the very least, so I'm wondering if the Fremont plan is still exporting.
Search in the thread and you’ll see quite a few references about this. Your SA is using past evidence for the current quarter, which may not be true. It certainly isn’t true for “2 months.” Reference the prior earnings reports for more data. The Chinese factory is operating at 100% and Tesla received authorization to export in October 2020.