Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been watching the thread for a bit...Ordered 6/29. Blue, regular wheels, no FSD. Picking up in Mt.Kisco,NY because Tesla is still unable to sell vehicles in the State of CT. Debating getting a used 2018 Model 3 with very little miles.
An east coast order on 6/29 is probably in for a long wait. I would imagine a September delivery. There are, what I consider, to be significant differences between the 2021 and 2018. The 2021, relatively speaking, will have a better build quality, integrated wireless phone charging without using user accessible USB ports, hidden sentry mode USB (in the glovebox), blacked out trim, power lifting trunk, slightly improved range, and what I consider to be the most significant for those who get a real winter, the inclusion of a heat pump.

If you can’t wait on it then you’re probably going to have to jump on that 2018. If you can wait then you’re better off with the 2021.

An east coast order on 6/29 is probably in for a long wait. I would imagine a September delivery. There are, what I consider, to be significant differences between the 2021 and 2018. The 2021, relatively speaking, will have a better build quality, integrated wireless phone charging without using user accessible USB ports, hidden sentry mode USB (in the glovebox), blacked out trim, power lifting trunk, slightly improved range, and what I consider to be the most significant for those who get a real winter, the inclusion of a heat pump.

If you can’t wait on it then you’re probably going to have to jump on that 2018. If you can wait then you’re better off with the 2021.
Thanks. The build quality is what really makes me want the 2021. My EDD for the M3 I ordered jumped around from mid to late July, then August, and now its at the dreadful 11-17 weeks. I am optimistic however. The 2018 I found has a little over 600 miles on it, 5k less than buying new after all applicable taxes and fees. Its being shipped locally and I'll be able to take a look at it when it arrives. I'll decide then if I'll make the purchase deepening on any obvious unreported wear on the vehicle.I even found a used 2018 with FSD at a Maserati dealership, but I will not be purchasing that one. If anyone wants the link, let me know.

Thanks. The build quality is what really makes me want the 2021. My EDD for the M3 I ordered jumped around from mid to late July, then August, and now its at the dreadful 11-17 weeks. I am optimistic however. The 2018 I found has a little over 600 miles on it, 5k less than buying new after all applicable taxes and fees. Its being shipped locally and I'll be able to take a look at it when it arrives. I'll decide then if I'll make the purchase deepening on any obvious unreported wear on the vehicle.I even found a used 2018 with FSD at a Maserati dealership, but I will not be purchasing that one. If anyone wants the link, let me know.
The 2021 cars ride quieter too. I drove a LR 2018 car a couple years ago, and my friends 2021 was considerably quieter.