Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the EV-TSLA site provided by others today, I'm actually seeing more pop up this afternoon. There's one matching my build but for the 19" wheels in Austin and one in Phoenix, and I'm really tempted to pull the trigger and fly out to either place to drive it home. For anyone who's canceled their order and bought from inventory, do you lose the $100 payment from your order? How hard is it to cancel your order? Can you save the transportation fee by driving it home from the other city yourself? Any info anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Reactions: EV-CPO
On the EV-TSLA site provided by others today, I'm actually seeing more pop up this afternoon. There's one matching my build but for the 19" wheels in Austin and one in Phoenix, and I'm really tempted to pull the trigger and fly out to either place to drive it home. For anyone who's canceled their order and bought from inventory, do you lose the $100 payment from your order? How hard is it to cancel your order? Can you save the transportation fee by driving it home from the other city yourself? Any info anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Ask your SA to match that one to your existing order. Or call in if you dont have a SA

So just for reference I've noticed a couple things today:

1. You don't necessarily get an email notifying you that your VIN has been assigned. I just logged into the car's order page and saw the Tesla Vision acknowledgement page. Then the VIN was listed.

2. I never saw this until today so it might be a post-VIN thing, but my EDD changed three times today. First thing in the morning when I got the VIN it was 10-16 weeks, or the current placeholder. Then it was July 26 - August 1. Now it's July 24 - 30. So they do update the EDD more than once a day. Sometimes.

Just drove by the Tesla lot in Scottsdale. There must've been 50 - 100 of em sitting around. A good sign perhaps.
1626472237784.png

Just in case one pops up that I might like, do I cancel my current order first or can I just cancel after I buy the inventory one to make sure I get one
All right, which one of y'all stole my white/white that was in inventory in Austin, TX just now??? 😁

I called the folks here at the KC Tesla location. A few things to note, per them, at least:

1) The $100 should/will apply to the new vehicle if you buy one from existing inventory, so you shouldn't lose that.
2) There is very possibly a destination fee from a "foreign" city to your city. For instance, they would ship this one from Austin to KC, but they'd charge me $1000 to do so. However, if you fly to the "foreign" city and drive it home, there should be no additional fees for that from what I was told.
3) The car that showed in Austin's inventory wasn't actually in Austin yet. It was in LA, as I understood him (obviously it was built at least a day or two ago, if not longer, to have gotten to LA by now) and they couldn't say with certainty when it would be loaded up and transported to the Austin store; he said that could take up to a couple weeks even. That put a damper on my enthusiasm.
4) It is probably not a great idea to cancel your order until AFTER you've bought the car from inventory. Per my guy today, it's not hard to do; you do it right from your account (cancel is a few inches down from your EDD on your reservation page) and there's no penalty to do so. The last thing I'd want to do is cancel my order and then find out that the car I was looking at has disappeared, which just happened to me while I was on the phone with Tesla KC.
5) Per my guy today, he says they have access to "more accurate" info than our EDD dates on our accounts and he expects that my build should be in KC in the first or second week of August. That comports with what my account says, which is August 1-August 21. I hope he's right. I ordered on 6/16.

Based on what I saw today, as well as what I saw before end of quarter, if you see one you like in inventory, even in another city, you need to act fast or it will get gobbled up. Given what I learned today, which was consistent with what they told me via email about 10 days ago, I think I'll likely wait for my build to arrive within the month (fingers crossed) here in KC.

Also, I just looked again in Austin and the white/white is back now. Happy hunting, y'all!

Reactions: KK35
I dont know if you can actually call your SA and tell them that you see one at another location and tell them to match that one to your reservation and have them ship it to your location. SA should be able to do all so.

VIN Received this morning - 6/19 Order in Chicago - MSM/Black/18"/No FSD

EDD went as far out as September 4th but generally hovered between late July and August
Current EDD is July 24th-30th

Please don't kill the messenger, I absolutely sympathize for those who have waited for a long while. Just wanted to share my data if it provides a little bit of optimism.

Interesting. I ordered 6/10 and am in the midwest also (STL). Still no VIN here and an EDD of Sept. Exact same build as yours. Congrats!

Reactions: devinclark27