Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just switched my order from SR+ to LR AWD. My SR+ was supposed to come in the last 2 weeks of the year. Hopefully the LR comes sooner so I can stop stealing my parents Y.
Ordered SR+ on 10-16 and switched configuration today. In Colorado. MSM-Black-18”-No FSD.

Just switched my order from SR+ to LR AWD. My SR+ was supposed to come in the last 2 weeks of the year. Hopefully the LR comes sooner so I can stop stealing my parents Y.
Ordered SR+ on 10-16 and switched configuration today. In Colorado. MSM-Black-18”-No FSD.
Did you ask if changing would push back your delivery date or anything?

I had them change mine too but I never asked so wondering if that would delay mine more.

LR AWD, Midnight-Metallic here.

Mine was ordered on 10/24... Was told 5-9 weeks. Got the text message Tuesday of this week, down to 2-5 weeks.

Yesterday, got an email from my sales guy no vin # yet but was given a build date of 11/24.
That's the same car, same order date, same time frame, same text received, and same state of NJ :D I'm guessing you're working with the Cherry Hill location? I'll email my SA in Paramus and see if he has any info for me and whether our build date also matches.

So how are all of you "getting" an SA? So far I've done everything on-line and not seen the need to contact them, so far. I assume contacting them for questions/help gets an SA assigned to you?

10/22/20
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, Aeros Red w/Black Interior - Ordered 10/22/2020 6-10 week est

11/10/20
text: delivery update 2-5 weeks from today

LR AWD, Midnight-Metallic here.

Mine was ordered on 10/24... Was told 5-9 weeks. Got the text message Tuesday of this week, down to 2-5 weeks.

Yesterday, got an email from my sales guy no vin # yet but was given a build date of 11/24.

Pretty much the same for me. Ordered 10/25, was told 5-9 weeks, got the text this Tuesday that it has changed to 2-5 weeks. My sales guy did confirm that there's no VIN assigned yet but didn't say anything about the build date.

My config: Model 3 Midnight silver LR with FSD. I'm from Dallas btw.

Well, I've been doing a lot of research since I made that post. So much so that I've dumped the colour wrapping idea - and I called Tesla to change the color of the car to Midight Silver/Grey.

However, I'm now going to do Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Ceramic Coating. I'm waiting to hear back on a quote from a local place - but basically the PPF is a clear film that wraps over your car that'll protect it from chips and the like from the road, and the Ceramic Coating is a glass-like layer over the car that'll then make dirt and water just slide right off. I've seen videos on YouTube and it is pretty impressive.

I see you're based in Wales, here's one: South Wales Auto Wrap, Vehicle Wrap in Newport, Cardiff and Bristol - not sure if they're any good. Would recommend you search others and look at reviews.

Thanks for the reply - sorry for the long gap, I've been hiding until I had more news.
South Wales is a long trip. Stockport is my nearest Service Centre, so even Liverpool is nearer (1 hour, compared to about 5!).
I see that wrapping can be difficult to insure, too (some people even getting their insurance cancelled). Won't be doing that, then!
Although the ceramic sounds interesting: I detest washing cars.

So how are all of you "getting" an SA? So far I've done everything on-line and not seen the need to contact them, so far. I assume contacting them for questions/help gets an SA assigned to you?

10/22/20
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, Aeros Red w/Black Interior - Ordered 10/22/2020 6-10 week est

11/10/20
The SA from the location I chose for delivery sent me a congratulatory email right after I placed the order. Did you select in home delivery? Just a thought on possibly why.

I asked my SA if he has further info on that 2-5 weeks text I received. He said he's seeing a potential "gate date" from the factory, and ETA for VIN assignment in 2 weeks. Aligns with what Scrappy22's SA told him.

The SA from the location I chose for delivery sent me a congratulatory email right after I placed the order. Did you select in home delivery? Just a thought on possibly why.

I asked my SA if he has further info on that 2-5 weeks text I received. He said he's seeing a potential "gate date" from the factory, and ETA for VIN assignment in 2 weeks. Aligns with what Scrappy22's SA told him.

Thanks. That's probably it. I have home delivery selected since we don't have a delivery center in OK yet. The new SC in Tulsa was rumored by one of their employees to start delivering cars around the first of November, but nobody at that location will confirm it today.

I ordered mine Sept 21st and the website shows delivery Oct 19 - Nov 16...that’s estimating that I get it before next Monday so I doubt that’s going to happen! I did decline a 2020 model in late October so I am assuming that put me at the back of the queue.

I sent the SA a text to see if I’d be seeing my car on Monday

Spoke with SA who said the delivery estimates were usually accurate. I pointed out that it estimated this Monday when he then must have checked the actual order. Confirms that I’m not matched to a VIN but didn’t know when I would be. Says it should be this quarter...:-/

Been lurking here for a while. I ordered my LR midnight metallic on black on 10/20. Still says estimated delivery 11/23 - 12/15. My SA said he’d hope to have a VIN for me end of last week and so far nothing. This week he’s been saying he thinks it’ll be by the end of the week. Though reading on here I find that doubtful. Ohio here.

:D

10/22/20

11/10/20

Hi there!
Hey so I am in Tulsa and ordered the same day you did (10/22/20). For some reason my text was 1 week off compared to yours. Doesn’t make much sense. I’ve been thinking on calling the SC to see if it’s possible to take delivery there instead of home in case I have Qs. It’s my first Tesla :D

Ordered 10/22/20
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, Sports Wheels, White on White, 6-10 week est

11/10/20
text: delivery update 3-6 weeks from today

Reactions: Mark57